Cvent Reviews

Updated September 12, 2014
4.0

Cvent Founder & CEO Reggie Aggarwal
Reggie Aggarwal

Pros
  • The senior management is very approachable (including the CEO) and transparent (in 22 reviews)

• I've been able to travel to our India office multiple times to train and mentor my colleagues (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is tilted heavily towards 'work' for most of the developers (in 18 reviews)

• Employees work hard and a lot is expected of them, so long hours are often put in (in 19 reviews)

More Highlights

Chill workplace

Current Employee - Systems Analyst  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits-- free healthcare, great location, company parties, chill workplace, relaxed outfit policies.

Cons

standard hours start at 45 hours. Sometimes the developers do not really respect your requirements written and will do it their own way without notification.

Great to gain experience

Current Employee - Associate  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Associate in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great for gaining experience. Working at a good-sized, public company definitely gives you experience that a lot of small, private companies can't provide.
    Great onboarding experience with lots of attention to training for sales associates.
    New office is a fun environment and very conducive to keeping everyone sane during the work day.

Cons

Lots of businesses processes that have been built out improperly, continually used, and continue to be taught to new-hires. They say new ideas are encouraged, but this is mostly untrue.

Good people around here

I have been working at Cvent full-time

Pros

good career opportunity, many people get promoted every year

Cons

salary is in the low-mid range in general
    long work hours

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun team oriented culture

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Cvent

Pros

Young energetic teams
    Great culture
    Management is willing to help

Cons

No complaints! Was a great learning experience during my internship

Keep up the good work!

Not your happy company

Former Employee - Information Systems Engineer  in  McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Information Systems Engineer in McLean, VA

I worked at Cvent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Now for all the faults that Cvent had, there were a few redeeming features. One, my immediate colleagues were good hard working people. Two, some managers seemed to know what they were doing, however they were recently hired. Three, there is a great comradery within the company especially during the company-wide meetings, and the company parties. However Cvent seems to be poisoned by greed, and an old style of management thinking. They want to think they are the next Google, or Microsoft, when in reality they are just another random tech company. Cvent is not a company that will change the world, but they will provide a paycheck for a while.

Cons

Cvent is a company that is a mixed bag. On the one hand you have upper management that puts on the best circus act towards its employees, on the other hand you have a combination of indentured servants from India, and gullible college students anxious to start paying off their college loans. Cvent has the potential to be a great company, however there are many things holding it back. First and foremost, the management of Cvent has many issues. The Information Systems Department is one of the biggest disorganized messes I have ever seen.
    I had two managers, one manager who had been there for a long time and another who was just promoted. Unfortunately this did not clash well as I was tasked with working two full-time jobs for the pay of one. I was given projects to work on which I did complete as well as be an on-call engineer assisting with MANY help desk tickets. Being able to get both jobs done seemed feasible at first, but as time went on, I found myself working 50-60 hours a week to be able to finish all of my tasks. I came in on weekends every week for a month and there was no end in sight. Me putting in all of these hours I was bound to get burnt out. Mind you my reputation with end users was impeccable. What happens after putting in all of these man hours into this job? It is determined I am not the right fit, and I was fired for the most mundane reasons, essentially finding any excuse to get rid of me.
    However the problems do not just lie with myself. There is also the fact that indentured servitude is commonplace in Cvent. I have no problems with having an office in India, however I do have a problem when there are employees that come here from India, and are forced to work for a company just because they are sponsored by them. And the moment that employee is no longer “cost effective,” they get fired and are sent back to India, without any warning.

One manager per employee, and one job role per employee with reasonable project roles. Also if an employee is put on a performance improvement plan, actually meet with them to discuss there progress and do not leave them in the dark...

Great place to work!

I worked at Cvent full-time

Pros

Cvent was a great place to work. They provide lots of training and have a great onboarding process for all new employees. Management is very transparent in where the company is going and always sets a positive tone. The best part about this company was the people, everyone was great to work with and was more like a family then just colleagues.

Cons

Some positions require a two year commitment which can cause some employees staying even if they are unhappy. Would recommend getting rid of this as most people stay beyond the two years anyway.

Intern

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Cvent as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great opportunity to learn. Company really teaches and guides you.

Cons

None worth noting. Everything above my expectations.

continue internship programs. Thanks

Intern

Current Employee - Intern  in  McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Intern in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule and they feed us from time to time

Cons

Not sure on how promotions work

People are leaving

Former Employee - Sales  in  McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Sales in McLean, VA

I worked at Cvent full-time for more than a year

Pros

- It's a job in technology.

Cons

- Everything else.
    - People are leaving because management sucks even more now that the company is public.

Poor Management team in technology

Current Employee - Technology  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Technology in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time

Pros

Good for sales/CS/marketing but Hell for technology

Cons

Very low salary for the work they ask to do
    Political decisions by management team
    Never appreciate a team member for the good work

Stop political decisions
    Appreciate a team member at least once in a year

Worked for Cvent? Contribute to the Community!