Cvent Reviews

Updated March 25, 2015
249 reviews filtered by

1. Good people around here

I have been working at Cvent full-time

Pros

good career opportunity, many people get promoted every year

Cons

salary is in the low-mid range in general
    long work hours

Not your happy company

Former Employee - Information Systems Engineer in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Information Systems Engineer in McLean, VA

I worked at Cvent full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Now for all the faults that Cvent had, there were a few redeeming features. One, my immediate colleagues were good hard working people. Two, some managers seemed to know what they were doing, however they were recently hired. Three, there is a great comradery within the company especially during the company-wide meetings, and the company parties. However Cvent seems to be poisoned by greed, and an old style of management thinking. They want to think they are the next Google, or Microsoft, when in reality they are just another random tech company. Cvent is not a company that will change the world, but they will provide a paycheck for a while.

Cons

Cvent is a company that is a mixed bag. On the one hand you have upper management that puts on the best circus act towards its employees, on the other hand you have a combination of indentured servants from India, and gullible college students anxious to start paying off their college loans. Cvent has the potential to be a great company, however there are many things holding it back. First and foremost, the management of Cvent has many issues. The Information Systems Department is one of the biggest disorganized messes I have ever seen.
    I had two managers, one manager who had been there for a long time and another who was just promoted. Unfortunately this did not clash well as I was tasked with working two full-time jobs for the pay of one. I was given projects to work on which I did complete as well as be an on-call engineer assisting with MANY help desk tickets. Being able to get both jobs done seemed feasible at first, but as time went on, I found myself working 50-60 hours a week to be able to finish all of my tasks. I came in on weekends every week for a month and there was no end in sight. Me putting in all of these hours I was bound to get burnt out. Mind you my reputation with end users was impeccable. What happens after putting in all of these man hours into this job? It is determined I am not the right fit, and I was fired for the most mundane reasons, essentially finding any excuse to get rid of me.
    However the problems do not just lie with myself. There is also the fact that indentured servitude is commonplace in Cvent. I have no problems with having an office in India, however I do have a problem when there are employees that come here from India, and are forced to work for a company just because they are sponsored by them. And the moment that employee is no longer “cost effective,” they get fired and are sent back to India, without any warning.

One manager per employee, and one job role per employee with reasonable project roles. Also if an employee is put on a performance improvement plan, actually meet with them to discuss there progress and do not leave them in the dark...

3. Great place to work!

I worked at Cvent full-time

Pros

Cvent was a great place to work. They provide lots of training and have a great onboarding process for all new employees. Management is very transparent in where the company is going and always sets a positive tone. The best part about this company was the people, everyone was great to work with and was more like a family then just colleagues.

Cons

Some positions require a two year commitment which can cause some employees staying even if they are unhappy. Would recommend getting rid of this as most people stay beyond the two years anyway.

5. Intern

Current Intern - Intern
    Current Intern - Intern

I have been working at Cvent as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to learn. Company really teaches and guides you.

Cons

None worth noting. Everything above my expectations.

continue internship programs. Thanks

Started with a flourish!

Current Intern - Sales Associate in India, TX
    Current Intern - Sales Associate in India, TX

I have been working at Cvent as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Exposure to international clients, travel perks. Cannot think of any others at this time. Prepare for a lot.of.fluff if you are joining soon.

Cons

Serious issues with mid-management. Lack of knowledge and understanding of employees. Feedback from employees is collected not worked upon! Not a congenial environment to work. things have changed a lot post company going public. Would.not recommend to.join if you are experienced. Good for.fresher's -

Get your wits together. Important to not just hear employees but listen to their feedback. There is a difference !

great first job

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Cvent full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to start right out of college, lots of travel opportunity

Cons

salary is SO LOW, people joke that its slave labor because they scoop people up after college and then make them sign a 2 year contract. Hours in sales really are not ideal, you are acknowledged if you stay late rather than crushing through tasks to be efficient during the standard work hours

Increase salaries.

8. Intern

Current Employee - Intern in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Intern in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule and they feed us from time to time

Cons

Not sure on how promotions work

Poor Management team in technology

Current Employee - Technology in Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Technology in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time

Pros

Good for sales/CS/marketing but Hell for technology

Cons

Very low salary for the work they ask to do
    Political decisions by management team
    Never appreciate a team member for the good work

Stop political decisions
    Appreciate a team member at least once in a year

10. positive work environment & great place to jumpstart career

Current Employee - Account Executive in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in McLean, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-positive work environment, the people are young and the office culture is very energetic and lively
    -this was my first work experience out of college, and it has been a great place to learn & develop new skills and progress.
    -gives the opportunity to take on a lot of responsibility early on in career, and expectation is to work hard and contribute every day
    -if you work hard and excel in your position, you will be recognized and move forward

Cons

-commute - traffic around Tysons and NOVA in general is not great
    -long hours

11. Great place for opportunity

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tysons Corner, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at Cvent full-time

Pros

Cvent provides unparalleled, extensive training (for sales) to ensure that employees are prepared for their roles from the start. Incredible opportunities to advance in the company if you set goals, work hard, and prove yourself. Management is very transparent with employees and want to help you improve in your role. Very young, fun company - makes coming to work really enjoyable.

Cons

The days can definitely be long working a 45+ hour week.

Continue to listen to employees individually and help them reach their goals.