CyberCoders Reviews

Updated March 20, 2015
74 reviews filtered by
4.2
Peter T. Dameris

Pros
  • The quarterly luncheons also offer sick prizes, (ipads, computers etc) (in 8 reviews)

• cool work environment -- free snacks, drinks, etc (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Draw with 100% commission (if you can call it a Con (in 6 reviews)

• Resources are being overused, and 200 recruiters are running in to each other's paths regarding candidates and clients (in 2 reviews)

Gives You Everything You Need

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I am someone who worked as a recruiter before, so I had expectations walking in the door. CyberCoders blew those away. The resources you are provided (Proprietary Recruiting Software, Ton of Job Ads, Unlimited access to LinkedIn) dwarf anything I have ever been around. The way I look at it is that I am running my own business and I have the best backing possible.

On top of that, the culture is exactly what I am looking for as a professional. You are treated like an adult (aka Major Lack of Micro-Managing). Its a flexible schedule, which I love as a parent, and you are largely responsible for ensuring you put the time in. The people are great, I don't go a day without laughing hysterically, and there's always free snacks. It's a really fun place to work.

Bottom line is that this company gives me the best opportunity to be the best recruiter possible. Plus there's the minor detail of making great money:).

I recruited for over 5 years before coming to CyberCoders. I know how other agencies do it and there is no competition.

Cons

Its a 100% Sales environment. Recruiting is not for everyone and the way you make that great money is by producing. I want a job where I can make more money by working harder and that's not for everyone. There are times when it is super easy and other times when it is hard. The reward is worth it though.

If you are looking for a salaried position where showing up means you did your job, this is not for you.

Every manager in Boston is different and has his/her strengths. It's a tough job as they ask them to run their own desk, as well as the team. Overall they are really good and allow me to be successful.

2. Technology and Culture second to none!

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Innovative and proprietary technology that truly sets us above our competition. We are set up with an amazing ability to deliver for our clients. We also have an amazing culture that makes the volatile nature of recruiting less stressful. Thirdly, we have an amazing management team here that embodies the mission and vision of the company.

Cons

I had to think about this one for a while... If I had to list one con, it would be the rapid growth we have experience in the last six months.

Keep up the good work! You have made this company what it is and you are the glue that holds it together!

3. Executive Recruiter

I worked at CyberCoders

Pros

office culture, many perks, bonus, commission plan, technology

Cons

Micro-management, Tracking time and numbers in ATS system

This is a commission based job. Don't micro-manage by numbers as people who are there want to do well.

5. Best Recruiting Firm Out There!

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love working here (and I've worked for just about ALL the big agency players). The others don't compare. While most agencies are prehistoric and archaic and are concerned about THEIR bottom line and measly pay, CyberCoders understands how to recruit efficiently and effectively while providing the best work environment possible for their employees. Quarterly bonuses, luncheons, parties, stellar prizes, and the ability to run your own desk and be as successful as YOU want to be. They give you the tools and it's up to you to be successful. I love this company!

Cons

Working out the glitches as we experience tremendous growth with internal hiring. There are bound to be things that you don't like at any job, but the cons are far and few between here.

Streamlining the technology and resources we use so that we can best help our clients find their perfect match without stepping on each other's toes.

6. Don't Change too much...

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you are recruiter and you enjoy recruiting for an agency or staffing firm than you will do well at CyberCoders. You will be very successful if you have experience and not in need of too much guidance. They have great technology and ATS to make your job very easy. I wouldn't necessarily say that the company has great work life balance, to be honest no staffing agency will, but what they offer is flexibility on your schedule if you need to.( As long as you're hitting some numbers- nowadays). They offer hands off management and give you the range to run your own desk and go after positions that you want to work. If you work really hard and get lucky with some great clients, you have the opportunity to make a lot of money.
    Great Bonus structure for hitting numbers.
    Always celebrating employees.
    It is really a good environment to work in you can take control of your desk. It is not a cut throat environment they are always willing to help you out.

Cons

The company was just bought out by On Assignment and and are a few changes that took place and are taking place. These changes are unfortunately changing the dynamic of the company and the culture that inspired a lot of people to take the job in the first place. One of the major stressor of the job is that you get paid on a draw( just understand that this means 100% commission so you aren't confused). Adding to that stress is the new added pressure from the parent company to stay under that draw.
    There is no work life balance, you can have clients all over the US and they can demand you at anytime.( But you can take that from home)
    It is very Quarterly based, the more you make in one quarter the better, even if you have a good year, it's about billing over $100k in one quarter .
    The company is growing, though growth is good, this limits the resource pool for recruiters, and therefore limits your influence or ability to attract new clients.
    There is not a lot of promotions or growth, mostly the recruiters are complaisant , just comfortable with just recruiting..forever.
    Benefits fully cover the employee( not great if you have a family)

There are a couple of different managers in the Boston office with different management style. The advice that would apply to all of them is don't wait until the ship starts sinking to become a hands on manager. Or don't wait until the parent company points something out before you talk to someone on your team about it. You should try to come up with solutions before it gets to that point. And "you're doing fine, just do more" .. is not a solution.

7. If you can't succeed here, maybe recruiting isn't for you!

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter

I have been working at CyberCoders

Pros

Outstanding tools, innovative approach, flexible schedule, uncapped earning potential and growth opportunities!

Cons

Territories are broad, the rules are vague and they are often changing. However; If you focus on your own book of business and put in a consistent effort you really can't go wrong!

All managers run their own "desks", I would love to see CC take some of that pressure off of them so we could have more their time. Regardless, they all seem to do a pretty good job with the balance and are always willing to help!!

8. Excellent Work Environment

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company culture is excellent and your earnings are only capped by how much effort you choose to put forth.

Cons

Honestly if you enjoy recruiting this is the place to be. The system is great and Staff and Management are the best. They let you come in and work and earnings are unlimited.

Keep doing the great job your doing, such as staying connected to everyone individual.

9. Challenging but rewarding work, with an excellent company culture and huge earning potential.

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- High earning potential for middle to top producers
    - Company culture is great- company takes care of its employees with quarterly luncheons and extravagant holiday parties
    - No micro-management with some exceptions (depending on manager)
    - Flexible work hours
    - Great Recruiting Tools/Technology

Cons

- Low barrier for entry, so the compensation structure is high risk, high reward (draw vs. commission)
    - The position is challenging for those who have no sales or recruiting experience- leads to high turnover
    - Lack of training for new employees (very "hands off" style management)
    - Growth opportunities within the company are limited compared to other companies

Keep the quarterly celebrations and holiday parties going, re-think the training strategy and look into purchasing more enterprise tools to support the sales staff.

10. Becoming too "corporate."

Former Employee - Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I worked at CyberCoders full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great commission %, great parties, nice office, free snacks, all recruiters have LinkedIn Recruiter...

Cons

Salary is a draw, training isn't great, 12 hour work days are typical, BD tactics do harm with potential clients

Have managers no have to carry a full desk so they can train and assist their staff. Better ramp up and training. Have a base salary not a draw.

Recruiter

Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (more than a year)

Pros

CC is great place to work if you have recruiting experience and would like to take charge of your your career. The work culture is GREAT and everyone around you wants to see you succeed. My manager Q is absolutely the best. Iv'e worked at other agency's and had other recruiting managers and CC is such a relief from my past experiences. Managers do not micro manage. If you come in, do your job and work hard, you will succeed here. CC gives you the tools to find great clients and awesome candidates. You just have to put in the work to see the results.

Cons

This is not a company that holds your hand. You defiantly have to have recruiting experience in order to thrive in this company.

CyberCoders Photos