CyberCoders Reviews

Updated October 7, 2014
Updated October 7, 2014
3.9

Heidi Golledge

Pros
  • The quarterly luncheons also offer sick prizes, (ipads, computers etc) (in 8 reviews)

• cool work environment -- free snacks, drinks, etc (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Draw with 100% commission (if you can call it a Con (in 6 reviews)

• Resources are being overused, and 200 recruiters are running in to each other's paths regarding candidates and clients (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

12 Years employed with the company. Nothing bad to report here!

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Heavy investment into candidate finding and candidate management technology. (Rare in recruiting)
    Heavy investment into keeping us (employees) all happy. (Rare in recruiting)
    Great amount of autonomy on job.
    Great office location/great buillding.

Cons

As the company continues to grow, getting more and more competitive between recruiters finding and retaining business.

Stay ahead of the recruiting technology and trends.
    Seek to discover new and wise ways to connect with potential business leads.
    Invest in a stronger sales CRM/sales contact softeware for company.

Work life balance at it's finest!

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at CyberCoders for about 4 years and consider it my second home and family. We have the best technology, employees, and leadership! We have the best quarterly luncheons and holiday events that are family friendly. I have created a very successful career here all while starting a family.

Cons

I really have nothing negative to say and cannot think of any "cons." You get what you put in here, If you work hard you see results. As with any sales role there are highs and lows but if you stay positive you will have an amazing career here.

The management here is incredible. There is tremendous room for growth. We have such a diverse background of employees you are bound to learn something from someone and everyone's doors are always open.

The money is ridiculously good. The culture is awesome too. But the money!

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Framingham, MA

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I'm in the Framingham, MA office of CyberCoders, in my first year. I earn 6x more income than I have ever made in one year, that's no exaggeration. It's been life-changing.

The office is spacious with lots of light, the desks are huge, the people are fun and laid back, and there is flexibility with work schedule as long as you're performing.

I have worked at 2 staffing firms before this one and know many recruiters who have worked at many different firms. The technology available to us for recruiting gives us the power of 2 salespeople and 2 recruiters, all in one. It's freakish how advanced and robust the systems is.

If you are smart and resourceful, you'll see how incredible the opportunity is here. If you like finding reasons why your life isn't fair, you won't notice and you might end up writing a review like some of the ones here on Glassdoor.

This is national staffing - you can work anywhere in the county - and the focus is on Permanent positions. Occasional contract but the company is better set up for perm.

I recruited for two years before working here. If you have done this job in a chop shop staffing firm, if you had to make 40-60 calls a day and follow a regimented activity structure, this job is not like that. But that training has served me very well here - the managers let you do your own thing, completely, as long as you're doing something effective (they do have a creative and more enlightened system of measuring your activity which we are held accountable to, so it's not like you can just slack off) so having the discipline built in is awesome and it's a huge relief to get the freedom to hone it the way you want to.

Also, the company has gamified the billing rankings - so on your computer you'll see leaderboards just like in a video game. All 250 recruiters nationwide are ranked according to their billing by month, quarter, and year, and there are prizes of $1000 or more for the top of 5 of each tier. There is a friendly and healthy competition, with lots of emails back and forth escalating the drama (just for fun). The culture is such, also, that when you do a placement, you'll instantly get a flood of congratulatory emails from your teammembers (and sometimes from senior management!). It's just POSITIVE here, with a friendly competitive edge.

They also reward you for your first billing milestones with added functionality at your desk (wireless headset, 2nd monitor, etc). I'm the kind of person who is motivated by that kind of stuff, for some superficial reason - I love winning the next prize. The quarterly luncheons also offer sick prizes, (ipads, computers etc). Recruiters who bill over a certain amount are flown out to head office in CA for 2 nights in a 5 star resort hotel. That's every quarter!

Despite the Cali vibe of CyberCoders as a whole, the Boston offices (Downtown Boston and Framingham) are very down to earth people, not as much flash, but all aggressive and hungry. Not backstabby at all though - looks like some people had the backstabbing experience (people stealing each others clients) out in Cali, but we definitely do not do that here, that I know of. Everything gets talked (or hugged) out when there are any conflicts, usually accidental. And the central office has disciplinary measures in place when anything nefarious comes to light - and they do execute them on anyone, regardless of your seniority or billing level (which is another nice difference from the nepotistic culture at some firms).

Since the acquisition by On Assignment, there has been minimal change, other than some added complications with getting agreements approved, etc.

Overall - don't listen to the haters - this is the absolute best job you could ask for in Executive Recruiting. I literally could not even begin to imagine how it could be better. The money is so good, people leave you alone, the system is easy to use and efficient. If you like sales, like recruiting, and like money, if you're smart and proactive, you can't go wrong here.

Cons

The fleixbility here is incredible. On Assignment has been good about leaving us to do our thing for the most part. But a parent company of that size is bound to bind up it's subsidiaries with unexpected red tape, and unfortunately, that is happening. But I trust that it won't get too crazy that it outweighs the pros.

Take a note from the Boston offices - integrity is crucial - don't hire anyone who would pull sketchy moves. If you think team managers might not know the difference when picking their people, make sure someone puts them to the integrity test in the interview before approving the hire.

If you put in the hours and work, it can pay off

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- casual work attire
    - cool work environment -- free snacks, drinks, etc.
    - company parties, every quarter where you get all dressed up and have fun
    - don't really count sick or vacation days

Cons

- not too much growth, unless you want to be a recruiting 'manager' which just adds more pressure to your life
    - job security - if you don't preform to standards, you could be cut at any time
    - it's all about numbers -- stressful
    - no salary - you're on a draw, but the commission is good, most of the time working there I have washed out my commission checks by giving the money right back to the company...which is like a lose-lose situation

The jobs in their website mostly are unavailable

I have been working at CyberCoders

Pros

Don't think there are any pro here

Cons

Kinda of cheating in posting positions. If you submit 10 applications, 9 of them will be rejected, the rest 1 will be ignored. So compare to Monster, CyberCode is just a clown.

Great atmposphere

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Young people, great atmosphere, nice kitchen, great system

Cons

You work off a draw and that is tough and very competitive because so many people in the company going after the same companies. Also the LA market is already taken by the top people there

Technology + culture

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I came here because of the technology and I stay her for the same reason. It is unmatched and constantly evolving to help both clients and candidates.

Cons

This depends on your perspective... I am one that accepts constant change and embraces the need to always search for new clients. If you enjoy the same, then this is a PRO, if not, then this is a CON. CyberCoders has adapted to the business environment well and I am along for the ride.

We talk openly about how to make the company better, which is nice, so no specific advice that I could say in this type of format.

Should you Work Here? Well It Depends on You.... Truly

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work place environment is Fantastic! Beautiful, vibrant, spacious office with a full kitchen including free coffee, soda, breakfast, and snacks! We have a mix of ages but the average age is about 27 so the personality of the company is friendly, youthful, playful, and very high energy. Your co-workers are money motivated and competitive. Their energy is infectious and you’ll find yourself competing just for the sake of competing! There is a lot of money to be made here.
    Other Pros: Company parties, trips, prizes, quarterly luncheons, flexible schedule, gym.

Cons

This job is not for the novice. I would recommend this job to the experienced recruiter or accomplished salesperson. This job is fast pace and requires everyone to run a full desk. If you hate sales this is not the job for you. Your success truly depends upon you taking ownership of your desk as if you were the CEO of your own private firm. Managers are hands off which is fantastic if you are self-monitoring.

If you are driven by money, competition, or success and have an internal drive that keeps you accountable then this job is absolutely for you! And you need to apply now because you have the personality to achieve an astonishing the level of income. No other recruiting firm will provide you with the earning potential we have here at Cybercoders.

- Need to improve training
    - Would love to see our company slow down on hiring and focus on improving our systems, technology, and developing the talents we already have.

Energetic company and progressive culture

Former Employee - Web Designer in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Web Designer in Irvine, CA

I worked at CyberCoders full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I appreciated the youthfulness of my peers. Most of my colleagues are in their 20's-30's. The company culture is down to earth and appreciative of hard work. Free snacks, paid health insurance and bonuses are plusses.

Cons

After the company was recently bought out, the culture has become slightly more corporate. Though it is still less so than most corporations.

Great for newbies. Not so great if you like to be autonomous.

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Orange, CA

I worked at CyberCoders full-time (less than an year)

Pros

1. expense-free kitchen with all sorts of goodies (most Cybercoder employees gain a good 10 lbs if they don't watch it)
    2. lots of recognition ceremonies, awards, fun company picnics and lunches at 5-star hotel resorts
    3. great training and resources

Cons

1. micromanagement
    2. they take way too much of your commission (70% goes to them, and you're left with a measly 30%)
    3. they do email blasts to all and sundry, and you come in to the office the next day to find emails from candidates who, rightly so, lambast you for sending them an email about a job that has absolutely nothing to do with what they do

It's not the same Cybercoders it was several years ago, when you could be very entrepreneurial. But I guess acquiescing to the folks who hold the purse is part and parcel of looking spit-spot while you're in the process of being acquired.

CyberCoders Photos