CyberCoders Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.3
Peter T. Dameris

Pros
  • The quarterly luncheons also offer sick prizes, (ipads, computers etc) (in 8 reviews)

• It's a fun, young work environment (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • More micromanagement than before (in 5 reviews)

• I would recommend this job to the experienced recruiter or accomplished salesperson (in 5 reviews)

1. Honestly, best job I

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CyberCoders

Pros

- We have access to all of the latest tools and technologies for recruiters. It's eye opening to see what the processes that Cybercoders has can do for an individual recruiter
    - Great leadership! The executive management team and junior management team have lots of industry knowledge and they lead from the front where everyone of them is expected to perform. It's hard to ignore results.
    - Great culture. On top of the various advantages that you are given with resources, they really celebrate diversity and success in a big way.
    - Uncapped potential! There is no cap on earning potential and promotions are based on performance/merit which limits the bureaucracy that can be overwhelming in professional environments

Cons

- This would be nitpicking but the pressure of the job is not for everyone. Being on a commission reliant compensation structure can be very difficult for individuals that have not worked in this structure before and can seem daunting when transitioning over from base + commision type roles. However, I feel this is one of those cons that can easily be a positive for the right person

Advice to Management

Stay proactive on the changes of the ever changing recruiting landscape! The market always adapts and we depend on leadership to guide us toward the next big thing!

Kool-Aid is definitely a must

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter

I worked at CyberCoders (More than 3 years)

Pros

It used to be a super fun place (stress on "used")

Cons

Super low commission, fraternity like atmosphere to keep people there, rookies blowing up potential clients then either quitting or getting fired/wash rinse repeat, lack of quality candidates in the ATS, awful new management.

Advice to Management

It's only further downhill from here. Enjoy the ride!

3. Executive Recruiter

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Hermosa Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Hermosa Beach, CA

I have been working at CyberCoders (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing company culture, great tools to succeed and great commission structure. They truly give you the tools to succeed.

Cons

The only con would be the competition for clients.

5. Senior Executive Recruiter

Former Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I worked at CyberCoders full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Systems, Great people, great earning potential.

Cons

If you don't work hard and smart, then this isn't the place for you.

6. Great Company, Uncapped Commission, AMAZING technology

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working with CyberCoders for around 7 months now and it has definitely been the best career choice I have made. The culture, technology, uncapped commission, company party's (we work hard / play hard), and coworkers are second to none in the industry. You are treated like an adult and are given the tools to succeed- if you are ready to roll up your sleeves and work your butt off, sky's the limit. I have never banked so much money in my life, I really cannot see myself working anywhere else.

Cons

Personally, I have zero complaints. If i had to come up with one, we may be expanding too quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Keep giving us the tools to succeed and we will deliver!

Great People, Amazing Atmosphere, Fun Place to Work...with drawbacks

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I worked at CyberCoders full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cybercoders has been hiring like crazy for a few years now. I worked there for over a year as a Technical Recruiter. The people are super friendly, the perks are great, the company parties are super fun, the resources at your disposal are second to none in the recruiting agency.

Cons

There is a ton of turnover and new faces constantly. The fight to get accounts gets rough because so many people are going after the same companies.

Must love recruiting to work here

I worked at CyberCoders full-time

Pros

-Quarterly luncheons
    -Free snacks/drinks
    -Nice people
    -Run your own desk

Cons

All the reasons that made this company great have unfortunately faded. They now hire people without recruiting experience and our reputation has gone downhill. Clients and potential candidates are being spammed by everything and everyone at CyberCoders and most companies don't want to work with us. You have to now qualify to go to the quarterly luncheons which is whatever and everyone walks all over each other. The overall integrity and ethic of CyberCoders has dwindled.....If you're reading this and thinking about working here, just know there is ZERO job security here. If you DO NOT perform within the first 3-4 months you're there, they will let you go (or put you on this plan and micromanage the crap out of you).

You must love recruiting if you work here. Let's say you do get promoted...guess what? Nothing new, you get to STILL recruit! If anything, you get even more dumped on you and S hits the F. Be prepared to get burned out.

And be prepared. If you don't bill, people won't give you the time of day, especially managers. Most of the time if you aren't preforming well, you leave work feeling like you're failing at life. It does get old after a while.

Advice to Management

-Hire people with recruiting experience (protect our brand -- not sure if you guys can save it anymore)
    -MORE TRAINING -- especially the people who get promoted to management. 110% of the people who get promoted into management get no additional training and zero clue on how to manage.

Gives You Everything You Need

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am someone who worked as a recruiter before, so I had expectations walking in the door. CyberCoders blew those away. The resources you are provided (Proprietary Recruiting Software, Ton of Job Ads, Unlimited access to LinkedIn) dwarf anything I have ever been around. The way I look at it is that I am running my own business and I have the best backing possible.

On top of that, the culture is exactly what I am looking for as a professional. You are treated like an adult (aka Major Lack of Micro-Managing). Its a flexible schedule, which I love as a parent, and you are largely responsible for ensuring you put the time in. The people are great, I don't go a day without laughing hysterically, and there's always free snacks. It's a really fun place to work.

Bottom line is that this company gives me the best opportunity to be the best recruiter possible. Plus there's the minor detail of making great money:).

I recruited for over 5 years before coming to CyberCoders. I know how other agencies do it and there is no competition.

Cons

Its a 100% Sales environment. Recruiting is not for everyone and the way you make that great money is by producing. I want a job where I can make more money by working harder and that's not for everyone. There are times when it is super easy and other times when it is hard. The reward is worth it though.

If you are looking for a salaried position where showing up means you did your job, this is not for you.

Advice to Management

Every manager in Boston is different and has his/her strengths. It's a tough job as they ask them to run their own desk, as well as the team. Overall they are really good and allow me to be successful.

Technology and Culture second to none!

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Innovative and proprietary technology that truly sets us above our competition. We are set up with an amazing ability to deliver for our clients. We also have an amazing culture that makes the volatile nature of recruiting less stressful. Thirdly, we have an amazing management team here that embodies the mission and vision of the company.

Cons

I had to think about this one for a while... If I had to list one con, it would be the rapid growth we have experience in the last six months.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! You have made this company what it is and you are the glue that holds it together!

Don't Change too much...

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are recruiter and you enjoy recruiting for an agency or staffing firm than you will do well at CyberCoders. You will be very successful if you have experience and not in need of too much guidance. They have great technology and ATS to make your job very easy. I wouldn't necessarily say that the company has great work life balance, to be honest no staffing agency will, but what they offer is flexibility on your schedule if you need to.( As long as you're hitting some numbers- nowadays). They offer hands off management and give you the range to run your own desk and go after positions that you want to work. If you work really hard and get lucky with some great clients, you have the opportunity to make a lot of money.
    Great Bonus structure for hitting numbers.
    Always celebrating employees.
    It is really a good environment to work in you can take control of your desk. It is not a cut throat environment they are always willing to help you out.

Cons

The company was just bought out by On Assignment and and are a few changes that took place and are taking place. These changes are unfortunately changing the dynamic of the company and the culture that inspired a lot of people to take the job in the first place. One of the major stressor of the job is that you get paid on a draw( just understand that this means 100% commission so you aren't confused). Adding to that stress is the new added pressure from the parent company to stay under that draw.
    There is no work life balance, you can have clients all over the US and they can demand you at anytime.( But you can take that from home)
    It is very Quarterly based, the more you make in one quarter the better, even if you have a good year, it's about billing over $100k in one quarter .
    The company is growing, though growth is good, this limits the resource pool for recruiters, and therefore limits your influence or ability to attract new clients.
    There is not a lot of promotions or growth, mostly the recruiters are complaisant , just comfortable with just recruiting..forever.
    Benefits fully cover the employee( not great if you have a family)

Advice to Management

There are a couple of different managers in the Boston office with different management style. The advice that would apply to all of them is don't wait until the ship starts sinking to become a hands on manager. Or don't wait until the parent company points something out before you talk to someone on your team about it. You should try to come up with solutions before it gets to that point. And "you're doing fine, just do more" .. is not a solution.

RSS Feed </> Embed