CyberCoders

Updated December 18, 2014
Updated December 18, 2014
4.0

Peter T. Dameris

Pros
  • The quarterly luncheons also offer sick prizes, (ipads, computers etc) (in 8 reviews)

• cool work environment -- free snacks, drinks, etc (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Draw with 100% commission (if you can call it a Con (in 6 reviews)

• Resources are being overused, and 200 recruiters are running in to each other's paths regarding candidates and clients (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Recruiter

Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (more than an year)

Pros

CC is great place to work if you have recruiting experience and would like to take charge of your your career. The work culture is GREAT and everyone around you wants to see you succeed. My manager Q is absolutely the best. Iv'e worked at other agency's and had other recruiting managers and CC is such a relief from my past experiences. Managers do not micro manage. If you come in, do your job and work hard, you will succeed here. CC gives you the tools to find great clients and awesome candidates. You just have to put in the work to see the results.

Cons

This is not a company that holds your hand. You defiantly have to have recruiting experience in order to thrive in this company.

I love it

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Playa Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Playa Vista, CA

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love the people in my office. They all make me feel comfortable. My manager is very flexible and understanding as well.

Cons

It is a high pressure job. You get paid on commissions. Until you close a deal you get draws. But this is not a problem as long as you are meant to be a Recruiter.

Best place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time

Pros

Good money, good upside potential, happy environment, continued growth and evolution, great recruiting tools, freedom to try different things, no micro-management, awesome culture and parties. So many great things.

Cons

This is a great place for winners (meaning, are you good at solve problems and great at coming up with win / win solutions, being creative, getting things done, winning). If you have a great attitude and love to get things done, you will love it here. If you are not a highly driven sales person and you don't do well with pressure, you will not like it here. If you don't like picking up the phone and making things happen, you will not like it here. Things aren't perfect but what company is. Fundamentally CyberCoders has everything a salesperson could want and then some.

Keep your eye on the ball. Invest in hiring and training great people. Make sure that you keep investing in our technology. This is our moneymaker!

Work hard play hard

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great place to take your career for maximum earning potential. Very much a work hard play hard atmosphere. Fun and casual family like environment with co-workers. The technology given to you is insane and allows you access to way over 11 million candidates on a dime. If you are a hard worker, you won't have any trouble making a very nice income. Lots of extra perks too, great bonus payout, fun parties and prizes. They really take care of you here, I know I'm working my butt off, but I also feel the recognition for it and feel like I'm being compensated well for it.

Cons

You have to put in the work to do well. While the managers are there to support and guide you, they won't hold your hand. You can't skate by here, if you aren't on top of it at all times, your desk will definitely reflect that. There are a lot of different teams with different managers and different manager styles. Some of the managers are hands-on and some are hands-off. There should be more of a balance there.

Training seems to be across the board for everyone, however, not everyone has the same experience coming into the company. The training was good and definitely got me around that learning curve, however, I came into the company with only recruiting experience and no sales, and it would have been nice to be developed more on that with our trainers. Luckily I have a good manager, but don't be afraid to take more time for learning and development in training.

CyberCoders: 18 months in and looking forward to the next 18 years!

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Ramp up time: I didn't have any Recruiting experience prior to joining CyberCoders and was a bit worried that I would struggle in the beginning without a book of business or active clients. CyberCoders had me covered :) For the first 5 weeks, they GIVE you incredible leads to clients that are actively hiring! I am still closing deals with a client I picked up in my first week!

- Technology: We all know that CyberCoders is synonymous with Technology and this doesn't just refer to our clients and candidates. I was blown away by the tools and equipment that CyberCoders provides to EVERY CC Recruiter. I can happily say that "not having the right tools" will NEVER be an issue that a CyberCoders Recruiter will ever have to deal with.

- Culture: I wasn't going to comment on CyberCoders culture because it seems every review has gone to great lengths to describe the lavish parties and incredible events but the ONE thing missing from those comments was the PURPOSE of the celebration. Aside from CyberCoders Holiday events (Which everyone should get to experience at least once in their lives!), every celebration or party is created because of the success of the Recruiters. It is this success that keeps the company going and CyberCoders spares no effort to make sure that the Recruiters are recognized for their accomplishments, big and small.

Cons

I could go on and on about the "Cons" of working in a sales environment but this is what I signed up for. I could say that it is difficult to bring my "A" game everyday, but this is what i signed up for. I could say that being commission-only is stressful, but this is what I signed up for. It would even be easy to say that this is the most challenging job I have ever had....But this is what I signed up for!

And I am glad I did... (So is my Bank Account :) )

CyberCoders can be intimidating. With so much to learn and so many successful people around you, it can be a bit daunting to keep up. It wasn't until my manager hired a new Recruiter that I realized just how much I had learned in such a short amount of time. My advice would be to let the developing Recruiters on your team mentor the newest member. It will be easier for the newest hire to take advice from someone that has JUST been in their shoes and it will empower the developing Recruiter to be more of a leader. Even if its just a 30 minute meeting once a week.

Working at the House of CC

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fantastic Environment and Culture
    Our teams are like one big family
    Just Good People all around

Cons

Having to pay back the draw

Keep it UP!

Sales Job, not a recruiting job

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I worked at CyberCoders full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The fun environment, parties, casual dress

Cons

No direction, the draw against commission, there should be a option for base salary. I did not like my manager, very micromanaging. Never felt comfortable at work. No work life balance.

There should be an option for a base pay to start.

12 Years employed with the company. Nothing bad to report here!

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Heavy investment into candidate finding and candidate management technology. (Rare in recruiting)
    Heavy investment into keeping us (employees) all happy. (Rare in recruiting)
    Great amount of autonomy on job.
    Great office location/great buillding.

Cons

As the company continues to grow, getting more and more competitive between recruiters finding and retaining business.

Stay ahead of the recruiting technology and trends.
    Seek to discover new and wise ways to connect with potential business leads.
    Invest in a stronger sales CRM/sales contact softeware for company.

Poor business model/Unscrupulous scammers

Former Employee - Will Not Disclose in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Will Not Disclose in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at CyberCoders full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are none. All reviews posted are written by their employees.

Cons

Jobs are posted by them of companies who are truly hiring but are not a client of theirs. Misleading information is given to a candidate regarding salary and job role due to the fact they have not ever spoken with anyone from the specific company. Duped several companies into signing a vendor agreement and then blast resumes to the new client. Recruiters there are green and have no experience in building a rapport with a candidate or providing customer service to a client. .

Stop trying to just make a buck because the damage that is done will be not be reversed. Candidates will not want to be represented for any future opportunities with your company and clients will blacklist you.

If you put in the hours and work, it can pay off

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- casual work attire
    - cool work environment -- free snacks, drinks, etc.
    - company parties, every quarter where you get all dressed up and have fun
    - don't really count sick or vacation days

Cons

- not too much growth, unless you want to be a recruiting 'manager' which just adds more pressure to your life
    - job security - if you don't preform to standards, you could be cut at any time
    - it's all about numbers -- stressful
    - no salary - you're on a draw, but the commission is good, most of the time working there I have washed out my commission checks by giving the money right back to the company...which is like a lose-lose situation

CyberCoders Photos