CyberCoders

Updated January 19, 2015
Updated January 19, 2015
4.1

Peter T. Dameris

Pros
  • The quarterly luncheons also offer sick prizes, (ipads, computers etc) (in 8 reviews)

• cool work environment -- free snacks, drinks, etc (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Draw with 100% commission (if you can call it a Con (in 6 reviews)

• Resources are being overused, and 200 recruiters are running in to each other's paths regarding candidates and clients (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

If you can't succeed here, maybe recruiting isn't for you!

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter

I have been working at CyberCoders

Pros

Outstanding tools, innovative approach, flexible schedule, uncapped earning potential and growth opportunities!

Cons

Territories are broad, the rules are vague and they are often changing. However; If you focus on your own book of business and put in a consistent effort you really can't go wrong!

All managers run their own "desks", I would love to see CC take some of that pressure off of them so we could have more their time. Regardless, they all seem to do a pretty good job with the balance and are always willing to help!!

Excellent Work Environment

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company culture is excellent and your earnings are only capped by how much effort you choose to put forth.

Cons

Honestly if you enjoy recruiting this is the place to be. The system is great and Staff and Management are the best. They let you come in and work and earnings are unlimited.

Keep doing the great job your doing, such as staying connected to everyone individual.

Challenging but rewarding work, with an excellent company culture and huge earning potential.

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- High earning potential for middle to top producers
    - Company culture is great- company takes care of its employees with quarterly luncheons and extravagant holiday parties
    - No micro-management with some exceptions (depending on manager)
    - Flexible work hours
    - Great Recruiting Tools/Technology

Cons

- Low barrier for entry, so the compensation structure is high risk, high reward (draw vs. commission)
    - The position is challenging for those who have no sales or recruiting experience- leads to high turnover
    - Lack of training for new employees (very "hands off" style management)
    - Growth opportunities within the company are limited compared to other companies

Keep the quarterly celebrations and holiday parties going, re-think the training strategy and look into purchasing more enterprise tools to support the sales staff.

Becoming too "corporate."

Former Employee - Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I worked at CyberCoders full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great commission %, great parties, nice office, free snacks, all recruiters have LinkedIn Recruiter...

Cons

Salary is a draw, training isn't great, 12 hour work days are typical, BD tactics do harm with potential clients

Have managers no have to carry a full desk so they can train and assist their staff. Better ramp up and training. Have a base salary not a draw.

I love it

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Playa Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Playa Vista, CA

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love the people in my office. They all make me feel comfortable. My manager is very flexible and understanding as well.

Cons

It is a high pressure job. You get paid on commissions. Until you close a deal you get draws. But this is not a problem as long as you are meant to be a Recruiter.

Recruiter

Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (more than a year)

Pros

CC is great place to work if you have recruiting experience and would like to take charge of your your career. The work culture is GREAT and everyone around you wants to see you succeed. My manager Q is absolutely the best. Iv'e worked at other agency's and had other recruiting managers and CC is such a relief from my past experiences. Managers do not micro manage. If you come in, do your job and work hard, you will succeed here. CC gives you the tools to find great clients and awesome candidates. You just have to put in the work to see the results.

Cons

This is not a company that holds your hand. You defiantly have to have recruiting experience in order to thrive in this company.

Great place to work!

I have been working at CyberCoders

Pros

Superior technology
    Relaxed atmosphere
    Helpful Management
    Great perks

Cons

My only complaint is that I wish the first 3 months of the draw was non-recoverable. For most it takes time to get up and running and start making money, and starting out in the hold can make it difficult to start seeing commissions quickly.

Change the draw structure and give new people a chance.

Best place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time

Pros

Good money, good upside potential, happy environment, continued growth and evolution, great recruiting tools, freedom to try different things, no micro-management, awesome culture and parties. So many great things.

Cons

This is a great place for winners (meaning, are you good at solve problems and great at coming up with win / win solutions, being creative, getting things done, winning). If you have a great attitude and love to get things done, you will love it here. If you are not a highly driven sales person and you don't do well with pressure, you will not like it here. If you don't like picking up the phone and making things happen, you will not like it here. Things aren't perfect but what company is. Fundamentally CyberCoders has everything a salesperson could want and then some.

Keep your eye on the ball. Invest in hiring and training great people. Make sure that you keep investing in our technology. This is our moneymaker!

Sales Job, not a recruiting job

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I worked at CyberCoders full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The fun environment, parties, casual dress

Cons

No direction, the draw against commission, there should be a option for base salary. I did not like my manager, very micromanaging. Never felt comfortable at work. No work life balance.

There should be an option for a base pay to start.

Work hard play hard

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great place to take your career for maximum earning potential. Very much a work hard play hard atmosphere. Fun and casual family like environment with co-workers. The technology given to you is insane and allows you access to way over 11 million candidates on a dime. If you are a hard worker, you won't have any trouble making a very nice income. Lots of extra perks too, great bonus payout, fun parties and prizes. They really take care of you here, I know I'm working my butt off, but I also feel the recognition for it and feel like I'm being compensated well for it.

Cons

You have to put in the work to do well. While the managers are there to support and guide you, they won't hold your hand. You can't skate by here, if you aren't on top of it at all times, your desk will definitely reflect that. There are a lot of different teams with different managers and different manager styles. Some of the managers are hands-on and some are hands-off. There should be more of a balance there.

Training seems to be across the board for everyone, however, not everyone has the same experience coming into the company. The training was good and definitely got me around that learning curve, however, I came into the company with only recruiting experience and no sales, and it would have been nice to be developed more on that with our trainers. Luckily I have a good manager, but don't be afraid to take more time for learning and development in training.

CyberCoders Photos