CyberCoders Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.8
Peter T. Dameris

Pros
  • The quarterly luncheons also offer sick prizes, (ipads, computers etc) (in 8 reviews)

• It's a fun, young work environment (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • More micromanagement than before (in 5 reviews)

• I would recommend this job to the experienced recruiter or accomplished salesperson (in 5 reviews)

1. 2 Month Training

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Uncapped commissions - Flexible hours - Amazing culture - Everyone is incredibly helpful I was part of the very first 2 month training program that CyberCoders recently started and it has been the best learning experience of my life. I had no previous recruiting experience but they brought me up to speed with a thoughtful, effective, and well-planned approach where each step up felt like a natural progression. I could never understand how anybody could say that they really enjoyed their job... after all, work is still work right? But then I came here and it finally clicked, it's one of those things that doesn't make sense until you experience it, and now I look forward to going into work every single day.

Cons

If you're not a driven or motivated person, this might not be the right place for you. BUT if you've never really known what it feels like to truly be rewarded for your efforts, you should take a chance and try it out. You might surprise yourself with your own ambition.

Advice to Management

None. Everything is set up amazingly and every level of management is helpful and easy to talk to.

2. Set Me Up For Success

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA

Pros

CyberCoders is a company the genuinely cares about their employees happiness. I was lucky enough to be apart of their elite 8 week training program. In this program I was able to learn the ins and outs of the entire CyberCoders system while being able to build up a complete desk. I had access 24/7 to support from experienced trainers and recruiters who have a total of over 40 years experience in the business. They built me up for nothing short of long term success with this company and even after I left training, they follow up to make sure we have everything we need. The genuienly care about you here and I could not think of a greater place to be!

Cons

There are no cons here, only positive vibes!

3. amazing companies w amazing opportunities

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- resources and technology here give you the opportunity to advance your career and make money faster than any other agency (I would know, I worked at a small one before CyberCoders) - casual enviornment - flexible schedule - yummy food, snacks, and beverages are always provided - the most amazing staff, trainers, and managers who want you to do well and make money - informative meetings are often held in the mornings - company events, parties, bring your dog to work days!!!

Cons

there are really no cons here

5. Love my job

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had no experience at all recruiting. The training team was incredibly welcoming and willing to work side by side to help learn the ins and outs of the recruiting process. We have the best recruiting software there is. A casual, fun workplace with a kitchen full of free snacks and drinks. Family oriented company that rewards their employees with quarterly gatherings and luncheons. By far, favorite company I have ever worked for!

Cons

The snacks run out fast :(

6. Fun, great company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CA

I worked at CyberCoders full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collegiate work culture, where everyone likes to have fun. There is the potential to advance your career if you perform well.

Cons

The environment, at times, is very political. Everyone is vying to get a promotion, but favoritism is rampant among managers.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees equally so that promotions are given on the basis of performance and not playing favorites.

Failing Culture

Pros

Free snacks, expensive luncheons and holiday parties, rainy day pizza, a lot of really great people

Cons

Culture going down the tube as hires over the last year plus have been about quantity over quality. People who exhibit questionable morals are promoted, encouraging their behavior and allowing them to breed a whole new generation of people like them.

8. Best Company I Have Ever Worked At

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Framingham, MA

I have been working at CyberCoders (Less than a year)

Pros

Supportive, great training program, unlimited earnings potential, rewarding company culture, amazing trips and events, hands down the best place to work! Hard work pays off.

Cons

None. This is a company that rewards its performers, so if you don't work hard - this isn't a good fit.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

9. Stay far, far away

Former Employee - Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I worked at CyberCoders full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I (briefly) worked at CyberCoders roughly four years ago and, at this point in my career, don't even list it on my CV because of what a bad reputation it has. If you're a masochist, this may be the place for you. The pro is that you get to experience what a true boiler room is and you get to recruit in a way that made sense 10+ years ago. The other pro is that, if you're any good at recruiting and reach out to the right company, they may come in and sweep you away to "save" you. That's what happened to me after a few months.

Cons

-Horrible reputation. Ask anyone what they think of CyberCoders in Silicon Valley and you'll get a resounding laugh. -Spammy beyond belief. CyberCoders seemed proud of the fact that the internal ATS would send so many "blast" e-mails. - Little chance of learning from colleagues. Sharing information/candidates is discouraged (I saw people get fired when having a candidate work with two separate recruiters for two separate companies and pitting them against each other; the person who was tenured there longer got the newer employee fired).

Advice to Management

Don't make people managers simply because they get lucky and are billing more one quarter. My manager was the reason I left this terrible company. I later found out she got fired for a variety of reasons, including many, many HR violations. I'll leave it at that. Do some due diligence. Help your employees and teach them how to be good recruiters. In this entire company there were maybe two or three recruiters I'd ever work with again. Work on fixing the brand. I'm now Director of Recruiting at a billion dollar company and when your recruiters spam me with "hot new candidates!" (which happens daily - there's apparently no internal tracking as to when you're reaching out to a company) I can't click "delete" quick enough.

10. Only as good as your last quarter...

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Boston, MA

I worked at CyberCoders full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free breakfast on new hire start days, free snacks and coffee in the break room, amazing coworkers who (for the most part) want to see you succeed and will help you. CTO Matt Miller is amazing, and the ATS is one of the best in the business. Quarterly luncheons used to be really fun until they limited them to only the top billers in the office.

Cons

Training was non-existent, with almost no ramp-up time or thought given to on-boarding season. Success was largely dependent on who your team lead or manager was, and if they were able to provide more OTJ training than "do more." Leads also work a full desk and aren't able to support team members effectively. REALLY HIGH TURNOVER (and they'll lie about it in the interview process). You are only as good as your last billing quarter, so be prepared for LONG, STRESSFUL days if you're having a rough one. Salary is a draw salary that you have to pay back with your billing (read: commission only). Clients are pretty picked over in major cities, so it can be hard to find new business. Note: they will hire you just for your LinkedIn contacts, and on the first day they will have you email all your LinkedIn contacts to get you new business. Business development tactics can be ethically questionable.

Advice to Management

It appears management already knows about their poor training program as they've recently hired a VP of training. Get rid of spammy Boolean email blasts; they lower the authenticity of your recruiters. Stop over-hiring: help your current recruiters to be more successful instead of applying "churn and burn" hiring tactics.

horrible

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is free food once in a while.

Cons

fraudulent company. shady practices. everyone lies.

Advice to Management

get a new job

RSS Feed </> Embed