CyberCoders Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.1
Peter T. Dameris

Pros
  • The quarterly luncheons also offer sick prizes, (ipads, computers etc) (in 8 reviews)

• It's a fun, young work environment (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • More micromanagement than before (in 5 reviews)

• I would recommend this job to the experienced recruiter or accomplished salesperson (in 5 reviews)

1. Best Company I Have Ever Worked At

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Framingham, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Framingham, MA

I have been working at CyberCoders (Less than a year)

Pros

Supportive, great training program, unlimited earnings potential, rewarding company culture, amazing trips and events, hands down the best place to work! Hard work pays off.

Cons

None. This is a company that rewards its performers, so if you don't work hard - this isn't a good fit.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

2. Honestly, best job I

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CyberCoders

Pros

- We have access to all of the latest tools and technologies for recruiters. It's eye opening to see what the processes that Cybercoders has can do for an individual recruiter - Great leadership! The executive management team and junior management team have lots of industry knowledge and they lead from the front where everyone of them is expected to perform. It's hard to ignore results. - Great culture. On top of the various advantages that you are given with resources, they really celebrate diversity and success in a big way. - Uncapped potential! There is no cap on earning potential and promotions are based on performance/merit which limits the bureaucracy that can be overwhelming in professional environments

Cons

- This would be nitpicking but the pressure of the job is not for everyone. Being on a commission reliant compensation structure can be very difficult for individuals that have not worked in this structure before and can seem daunting when transitioning over from base + commision type roles. However, I feel this is one of those cons that can easily be a positive for the right person

Advice to Management

Stay proactive on the changes of the ever changing recruiting landscape! The market always adapts and we depend on leadership to guide us toward the next big thing!

They do a great job of selling the dream... but don't expect much help getting there

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter

I worked at CyberCoders full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Even new people can make a lot of money in a relatively short amount of time here -If you get lucky and find some clients who are serious about hiring, the sky is the limit -Snacks in the kitchen -Fair amount of autonomy -When you're doing well, you can basically do whatever you want: lead a team, work from home, attend the luncheon and win big prizes...

Cons

-When your pipeline dries up, the perks dry up. -Even a normal or seasonal slump in your personal billing can cost you your job - Your manager is often the only person who trains you, so if they aren't great at the job of managing you, you're in for trouble -Tons and tons of turnover in recent years -There's no training for managers whatsoever, and only minimal training for new recruiters -You will spam everyone in the world at least once. I was actually spammed multiple times while I worked there, because my resume was in their ATS -Not a great environment for women -Client ownership is a major issue (to be fair, they're trying to work on this... but they tend to allow managers too much input into things that should just be decided by the most senior leadership) -Their health insurance options are absolutely terrible. This is offset by the fact that they'll cover your premium for free.. but if you are married with dependents, prepare to spend thousands out of pocket. -Overall, it is a pretty disorganized place to work

Advice to Management

-Training and punishment are two separate things -Don't promote managers without giving them some training, being able to bill and being able to identify talent, train it up and retain it are all very distinct skills.

Executive Recruiter

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I worked at CyberCoders full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None really. They have a nice office. There is a ping pong table and kitchen stocked with drinks and snacks at all times. Admin are nice and friendly.

Cons

Training is pathetic. They set you up to fail with very little formal training. Management is pathetic. Most managers have never managed before. Most people their haven't graduated college and this job is the only option for them. Obvious signs of drug use among the Irvine Office. The guy I used to sit next to would go out to his car and smoke weed and come back in and "work" Lots of people on uppers to work in the boiler room like atmosphere. Don't be fooled by good reviews on this company. I was a REAL recruiter coming in and was a REAL recruiter coming out. This place is a joke.

Advice to Management

You offer little room for advancement. You play favorites. Your model is terrible. You give false information to employees on how well the company is doing. You just spam people and hope to find an idiot to accept your high fees and lackluster candidates.

Kool-Aid is definitely a must

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter

I worked at CyberCoders (More than 3 years)

Pros

It used to be a super fun place (stress on "used")

Cons

Super low commission, fraternity like atmosphere to keep people there, rookies blowing up potential clients then either quitting or getting fired/wash rinse repeat, lack of quality candidates in the ATS, awful new management.

Advice to Management

It's only further downhill from here. Enjoy the ride!

7. Executive Recruiter

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Hermosa Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Hermosa Beach, CA

I have been working at CyberCoders (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing company culture, great tools to succeed and great commission structure. They truly give you the tools to succeed.

Cons

The only con would be the competition for clients.

8. Senior Executive Recruiter

Former Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I worked at CyberCoders full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Systems, Great people, great earning potential.

Cons

If you don't work hard and smart, then this isn't the place for you.

9. Great Company, Uncapped Commission, AMAZING technology

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at CyberCoders full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working with CyberCoders for around 7 months now and it has definitely been the best career choice I have made. The culture, technology, uncapped commission, company party's (we work hard / play hard), and coworkers are second to none in the industry. You are treated like an adult and are given the tools to succeed- if you are ready to roll up your sleeves and work your butt off, sky's the limit. I have never banked so much money in my life, I really cannot see myself working anywhere else.

Cons

Personally, I have zero complaints. If i had to come up with one, we may be expanding too quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Keep giving us the tools to succeed and we will deliver!

Great People, Amazing Atmosphere, Fun Place to Work...with drawbacks

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Irvine, CA

I worked at CyberCoders full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cybercoders has been hiring like crazy for a few years now. I worked there for over a year as a Technical Recruiter. The people are super friendly, the perks are great, the company parties are super fun, the resources at your disposal are second to none in the recruiting agency.

Cons

There is a ton of turnover and new faces constantly. The fight to get accounts gets rough because so many people are going after the same companies.

Must love recruiting to work here

I worked at CyberCoders full-time

Pros

-Quarterly luncheons -Free snacks/drinks -Nice people -Run your own desk

Cons

All the reasons that made this company great have unfortunately faded. They now hire people without recruiting experience and our reputation has gone downhill. Clients and potential candidates are being spammed by everything and everyone at CyberCoders and most companies don't want to work with us. You have to now qualify to go to the quarterly luncheons which is whatever and everyone walks all over each other. The overall integrity and ethic of CyberCoders has dwindled.....If you're reading this and thinking about working here, just know there is ZERO job security here. If you DO NOT perform within the first 3-4 months you're there, they will let you go (or put you on this plan and micromanage the crap out of you). You must love recruiting if you work here. Let's say you do get promoted...guess what? Nothing new, you get to STILL recruit! If anything, you get even more dumped on you and S hits the F. Be prepared to get burned out. And be prepared. If you don't bill, people won't give you the time of day, especially managers. Most of the time if you aren't preforming well, you leave work feeling like you're failing at life. It does get old after a while.

Advice to Management

-Hire people with recruiting experience (protect our brand -- not sure if you guys can save it anymore) -MORE TRAINING -- especially the people who get promoted to management. 110% of the people who get promoted into management get no additional training and zero clue on how to manage.

RSS Feed </> Embed