Cybera

3.1

Cliff Duffey

Hi-Tech Bastion in Nashville

I worked at Cybera full-time

Pros

Lots of cool tech!
    Great work environment for the motivated.
    Awesome people and cutting edge technology.
    If you apply yourself and pull your weight, there is plenty of room for advancement. Cybera does not handout promotions...you have to earn them.

Cons

Benefits are OK for the size, but there is definitely room for improvement.

Keep focusing on new ways to innovate. Don't let the product grow stale.

Felt Like Company Was on the Edge

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Cybera full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Low level workers are doing their best in a hard situation. The office was nice. Not a lot other great to say.

Cons

If you work in sale, good luck getting paid. You'll work for a few years to build your base and finally land a big deal, then see your plan changed every year, sometimes retroactively in attempt to avoid paying out commissions. You'll also see regular unexplained charge offs. The limited mentality from the top is that sales reps are making great money if they get a few bucks in commission, how dare they make more than management.....instead of realizing that the highest paid person in the company should be a sales rep who is blowing out their numbers. CEO lives in fear and rest of his management act accordingly, seem to have impulse control issues, constantly publicly treating members of management poorly and it rolls downhill. CEO also wants to approve every single pricing and deal, slowing down the sales cycle and unable to get out of own way. Shady tactics in accounting. Had his wife doing the books , not sure if still the case...go figure on this conflict of interest. Products are never what is promised and fighting to make what you sold to your client work is a losing battle.

Trust in the people you hire. Stop hoarding at the top- well paid workers perform well. Consider taking some counseling classes to manage your stress so you aren't taking it out unknowingly on workers. Pay your sales people what you owe them.

Network Engineer

I worked at Cybera full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Small company making a good product that the PCI industry is need of. Enjoyed working with the people. The technology employed is fun to work with.

Cons

Can be stressful at times to meet deadlines as the technology development can move extremely quickly. There is a lot of different technology employed, requiring a large learning curve to new employees.

Great work environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Cybera full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people and the culture make it easy to come to work every day. I love working with intelligent, hard working people who care about the company. No micro-management of employees, so individuals must be “A” players and be self-directed. Cybera provides good benefits and promotes health and healthy lifestyles.

Cons

As with any significant growth, we have experienced our share of growing pains.

Continue to communicate plans to the team. Get a new coffee vendor and a better water dispenser in the office.

Great Company! Great Product! Great People!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Cybera full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Cybera, Inc. is a great company to work for! All employees are treated with respect from everyone on the management team, regardless of their position. I feel like the management team encourages us to think outside the box, take ownership, and run with new ideas that we have. The product is awesome and has a bright future. It is a good feeling knowing that I am working for a company whose product provides real value to thousands of businesses.

Cons

Rapid growth comes with some challenges but truthfully the growing pains have been few and they are usually corrected quickly. Working from home is not really an option.

Keep on doing what you are doing and make sure to maintain the company culture as the company grows. The option to work from home would be nice as there are some days working from home is just more productive.

Great place to learn, good people, weak benefits, limited advancement opps

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I worked at Cybera full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Freedom to learn in a flexible work environment, lots of good people, although most most employees do not seem motivated to push the envelop or advance

Cons

Benefits are weak with no 401k matching, low number of vacation days
    Small company so there isnt much room to grow. Stay a year and get out to find something better, more rewarding

Improve benefits and advancement opps to attract and retain good talant

Good Place and Good People

I have been working at Cybera

Pros

The people & HR are awesome

Cons

Engineering runs unchecked and with a cavalier attitude

Changes to engineering are paramount to success

Thankful for the Opportunity; Not What I Expected

I have been working at Cybera

Pros

HR at this company are amongst the nicest I've encountered in my career. In fact, most "worker bees" in the company are good people. Starting salary was good, and benefits are mid-level. Office is in nice building with cafeteria and several restaurants within walking distance. Company has managed to stay relevant despite completely reinventing itself 4-5 years ago.

Cons

No long term strategic plan in place. CEO appears genuine upfront, but is known to fire/publicly humiliate team members that disagree with him. As a result, most of the management team operates out of fear and do not contribute in the way they're capable of. FInally, your starting salary is about as good as you're going to do here (little to no annual salary adjustments).

Stop looking at your bank balance; it's the P+L statement that matters. It's time to humble yourselves and allow the talented people you surround yourself with share in the decision making. Board of Directors: Replace the CEO. The "Dog and Pony" act he puts on for you is ALL show. You've given him and his team enough time to make something happen. Mark my words: Failure to shake things up will leave egg on your face.

Management in over their heads

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Nashville, TN

I worked at Cybera

Pros

Overall good employees. Most employees cared about their co-workers. Middle management listened but unfortunately was powerless to act or implement change.

Cons

Executives did not provide leadership. Too much micro-management. They should trust their employees as professionals that have experience and can get the job done.

Desperate company.

I have been working at Cybera

Pros

They typically offer a hIgh base salary.

Cons

It seems that they are in a desperate state. It has been running on venture capital $$ for 10 years and need to sell soon.

Take a good look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself if integrity is important to you.
    Get with current times and allow appropriate departments to work from home.

Cybera Photos