Cyberonics

Cyberonics Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Cyberonics President and CEO Dan Moore

Dan Moore

Outstanding place for a career !

Principal Buyer (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsWhen you go home at the end of the day you know that you have helped many people.

ConsI do not have any cons about Cyberonics.

Advice to Senior ManagementI do no have any advice for Cyberonics Management.

I Love Cyberonics

Senior Manager, Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsPlenty of camaraderie, paid time off, fun activities, a state-of-the art gym with a company paid trainer and evening workout activities often led by employees. We work hard and play hard. Many accolades. Plenty of projects and rewarding work to be done in every department. Great leadership including emerging leaders who are absolutely amazing us with their diversity projects each month. There is lots of growth opportunity if you want it and you are willing to work for it.

ConsWith so many talented and innovative people it's hard to do decide which direction we are going to go and keep everyone happy. It's a great problem to have, but keep the ideas coming anyway! There will always be more ideas than time or money to do them all. Our senior leadership has a lot of responsibility in selecting the right course for the company but they are doing an outstanding job.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course. I have been here 16 years and each year keeps getting better for the company and employees with more seasoned management and an energized and optimistic workforce. Every year VPs are stretched to expand their own skills and knowledge and they expect the same from employees so that everyone is growing together. Continue to keep us all challenged. Continue to good work.

Sales driven, patient-centric company.

ProsEthical, skilled & trustworthy leadership, fun work environment, strong focus on helping patients with epilepsy. Company culture fosters a family atmosphere for those in corporate.Recently implemented a leadership development program.

Great company for sales reps if you embrace wearing a lot of hats in a dynamic sales process. You won't ever be bored!

ConsLocated in the suburbs. Small company may limit advancement opportunities in certain departments.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very good place to work!

Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsSalary, Flexible work hours, company health initiatives

ConsLess opportunity for personal growth, people don't like to use newer technologies

Its a great company and very friendly management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpen door policy, brilliant work atmosphere, excellent upper-management and easy access to them, encouraging peers

ConsSmall company, not very good career development for long term

Advice to Senior ManagementPrograms for employee motivation are required

Feels great, working at Cyberonics

Software Engineer II (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsMany projects to work on, Individual attention, Training opportunities, Bonuses, Competitive pay

ConsNo Cons that I can think of

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great product, fun environment

ProsGreat team
    Great product
    Nice to have proper training before being sent to the OR to support

ConsUses distributors outside of USA

Advice to Senior ManagementGo direct in Canada

Consultant at Cyberonics

ProsWorking with highly intellectual scientists and upper level management.

ConsNo complaints till date for me.

Cyberonics Review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCyberonics has a lot going for them, executive management knows what they are doing. they have a great product and have the knowledge needed for future developments.

ConsMiddle management struggles with older philosophy management - too many still in the "silo." Bonus system encourages this with departmental goals, and not enough Team goals. Need cross-functional rewards to align the department goals with the company goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower employees, rather than micromanaging. Encourage cross-functiong project teams.

Neutral review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prossalary, company performance, international opportunities

Consconstant change and not much employee appreciation

Worked for Cyberonics? Contribute to the Community!