Cydcor

www.cydcor.com

Cydcor Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Gary A. Polson

AMAZING place that gives a great opportunity to those that want it.

Operations (Current Employee) Westlake Village, CA

ProsI love how everyone partners together on a common goal and aligned on driving the company to the next level. You get plenty of support and help when you ask for it.
    There is no limit in how high or how quickly you can grow. If you are willing to grow and develop yourself and work hard there potential for you is limitless.
    Plus they help make you feel good about yourself by giving so may opportunities to help give back to local communities and charities. Not a lot of companies can say that.
    They truly are an organization that puts people first and doesn't treat people like a number.

ConsI think that Cydcor has done a great job of addressing any area that the teams find not ideal.
    The plans and approaches they have for the future make me excited to be part of this growing company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't stop pushing until we truly are the global leader.

disguised as a legitimate sales job

Account Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsFlexibility, talking to people all day, and not having someone hovering over you day all is nice.

ConsPay is 100% commission based. The atmosphere is cult like, you have to repeat what the leader says out loud every time they speak. Team nights are optional but are made to feel mandatory. You will play childish games for an hour in the office every morning while you could be out in the field. Don't try to set an appointment with a client, that is forbidden. Have fun walking around in 90 weather wearing a suit (which is required), because having fun is all they do, you won't make enough money to live off of, but you will have a lot of FUN. One more thing, in Charlotte they disguise themselves as a local company called "Queen City Consulting," don't waste your time.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo to the local GED graduation and pick out your next crew of followers.

If you think you can stomach trying it out for a few weeks to get minimum pay for major effort then go for it.

Marketing, Sales Associate, Pre-Management (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsWorked for their Silver State Marketing branch in Las Vegas. They have many gregarious people around that make you feel welcome during the interview process.

Cons- terrible interview system, basically they bring you in for the first interview where they ask you several irrelevant questions about yourself to make you open up on whether or not you want a job. Your second interview will be more thorough in discussing your work experience and education, any questions you have will generally be half answered, such as pay being referred to as a weekly basis. To sweeten the pot they tell you that you will be given a $200 training bonus upon completion of training. Then on the third interview you find out AFTER You already get offered the job that that bonus is contingent on you completing 5 sales minimum, along with your pay being completely commission based.
     -After the interview process is over you are hired (they are going to hire you regardless of credentials due to their high turnover rate) you are pretty much put through several days of being told to learn to repeat the same several paragraphs because that is the ONLY way to sell their product. You will then be given field experience where you drive out to wherever they have a few people already using or interested in the product you are campaigning for. They then assume that every single person in the neighborhood is also wanting your product so you will go and talk to everyone on their list. This is cold calling plain and simple do not let anyone tell you different.
    -They seem to think that saying you are working from 11-8 means you should assume you are working from 11-9, this is due to the fact that you are not allowed to leave the field until at least 8:00 PM. It will then on average take 25-30 minutes to return to the office to report and fill out paperwork.
    -Too many more issues to count. If you are still unsure then I suggest you walk around your neighborhood and knock on doors, talk to the people who answer and knock a second time for those who do not, do this at least 45 times a day for 6 hours a day, when it is over tell yourself that at least at Cydcor you could potentially get payed 1 of those times because that is what they will tell you is your goal. That one sale.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying to people who come in for interviews, you are not a sales company looking for sales people is what you keep telling everyone, the problem is that you are. You aren't fooling anyone for more than a week if you are lucky, and if they are staying longer than that then they are obviously a fan of making up cheers and running around in circles giving out high fives to everyone else.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cydcor hires anyone. Because anyone can door to door for little to no pay.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou'll be hired. That is the one and only pro any Cydcor office has to offer.

ConsLook out for these uniquely named offices spread everywhere. My experience was with Skyline Ohio, a Cydcor office located in Cincinnati Ohio. The true job is door to door sales with the "account executive" paying their own gas and driving their own vehicle 6 days a week for no, or little pay. Don't drink the kool-aid that Cydcor offers. Find a real paying and less deceitful job, especially those will a good college degree.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop.

A Shameful Scam That Preys On The Inexperienced

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsI met some really wonderful people working here.

ConsThere is not a single benefit to working at this company, none. You don't have to work for a commission only outsourced marketing company to learn B2B. There are plenty of companies out there that will give you a real entry-level sales position and treat you like a human. If they're not going to pay you, then it's obvious that they don't value you.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt seems pretty clear that your business model is based on using young and inexperienced professionals in a shotgun approach for your marketing campaigns. It also seems clear that your perfectly happy to leave a trail of unhappy ex-employees who are perfectly willing to take to their rants to social media to make sure that nobody else falls for your tricks. So if that's what you're going for…Keep up the good work and good luck with the ACA!

Feel for those who get conned into this.

Sales (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsLearn not to be afraid to walk cold into any business imaginable. Also learn how deal with people who do not want to be solicited.

ConsWhere to start. Commission only with horrible pay outs. New people in all the time. I had at least 12 hour work days. Drive all over and get nothing for it. Feel like after some time of doing this that you are somehow screwing business owners over. This company changes names of their offices so often it's hard to track where they went but once you read the job summary you know what company this is. Advice is to stay away!

Awful

field solutions (Current Employee)

ProsThere are some great people. Nice building and free generic brand Cheerios.

ConsOnly way to grow in her company is if you literally kiss your managers behind. So much favoritism and people who try so hard to look good. It's pathetic. Very or queasily management. Salary is terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust stop while you still can and stop lying to candidates during the interviews.

Absolutely the worst possible employer

ProsNone. Terrible organization focused on getting everyone to drink the Kool-Aid and much less of operational success. Management is a joke, with most having no external experience.

ConsWhere to begin? Pay, benefits, people, culture, business outlook.

Cydcor has an amazing culture, a motivating work environment and a ton of OPPORTUNITY!

Manager (Current Employee) Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

ProsI have worked at the head office for the past 5 years and have truly seen the benefits of my hard work come to reality. As a very dedicated and driven team member, I feel the opportunities that are available to me are endless and I look forward to pursuing even more in the years ahead!!! To top that off, I get to work with fun, innovative and smart people that I respect each and every day. We are going places and I am so excited to be on this journey with Cydcor!

ConsNothing that stands out to me

Advice to Senior ManagementOur management is awesome and always looking for ways to make the experience of working at Cydcor better. Continue your focus in this area as well as the goal of providing opportunity to those willing to work hard and go for it!

LOT'S OF BROKEN PROMISES

Team Leader (Current Employee) South Florida, FL

Pros1) good work enviroment
    2) nice co-worker's
    3) company pay's for any trips (minus cost of food )

Cons1) They are not very truthful about compensation and ave time it takes to move up in position's to management which is when you finally make more then a few hundred a week!! Which is all commissioned based no salary but you do get a one time bonus of $150.00 when you start for training in 98* weather all day.
    2) Know now this is a DOOR TO DOOR COLD SALES JOB either business to business or household to household whichever "campaign" that particular office is running.
    3) long hour's rain or shine minus 10 degrees or 110* your going door to door on commission only.
    4) they tell you where the main office is but not that once you get your "territory" which you will be selling in it could be up to 40 miles away from your office (as mine was)
    5) everyday at 6pm you have to go back to the office after being in the fielsd all day to drop your paperwork off.
    6) You can reasonably expect to make $15-$25k your first year but if you stick it out for 3-4 yrs you can start making 70-90k

Advice to Senior Management1) be honest to the people you are interviewing. Don't tell them the ave to become a manager is 12-18 months when in reality it's 2-3yrs.
    2) Be honest about them probably only making $150-$300/wk the first 2-3 months as that's why 80%of new hire's quit before two weeks after they started.
    3) You need to give starter's some kind of base salary not commission only so they can pay for the gas which is allot each week and be able to eat.

Worked for Cydcor? Contribute to the Community!