Cydcor Reviews

Updated April 7, 2015
60 reviews filtered by
3.2
Gary A. Polson

Pros
  • the work environment is amazing and everyone is so helpful and sincere (in 7 reviews)

• Focuses on developing people, creating opportunities for both internal team members and highly visible clients (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The true job is door to door sales with the "account executive" paying their own gas and driving their own vehicle 6 days a week for no, or little pay (in 4 reviews)

• 100% commission, no gold at the end of the rainbow, as promised (in 6 reviews)

1. The kind of people and a place, people want to work with.

Current Employee - Supervisor in Agoura Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cydcor is not for everyone. That's what's great about it. Everyone here is ambitious, energetic and all-in. No slackers. No one who wants their work day to be predicable and easy. My friends are jealous. They should be.

Cons

I had to think of one - maybe add dry cleaning to all the other amenities we have.

Advice to Management

We are growing fast. Keep up the communication, resourcing and listening to ideas.

It's a scam

I worked at Cydcor full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's a fun group of people to work with, because they prey on young adults right out of college with big dreams. They pretend like you're all professionals working towards owning your own business, so they do a good job of having a fun team like environment within the office and people are mostly positive and uplifting

Cons

They have tons of individual marketing companies each with their own name but Cydcor is the umbrella and every one of their little marketing offices is a scam. They don't pay employees well, everythng comes out of your own pocket, all your gas, phone, and resources to "succeed" in the "biz". Whenever a company has direct affiliation with Cydcor do yourself a favor and run the other direction as fast as possible. Also there is no work life balance. You are expected to do a lot of work within the office and you don't get paid hourly, only commission, and if you don't want to do work on your own time the management team will try to guilt trip you.

Advice to Management

Stop lying durring interviews, stop preying on innocent young adults trying to get ahead, and pay people better and have a guaranteed base salary plus commission and offer full benefits.

Working here has been a great experience with varied opportunities.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time

Pros

Cydcor has provided me with so many opportunities for both personal and professional growth. They are truly devoted to their team members wellness and having work-life balance. The great company culture (not to mention the in-office gym) make working here really enjoyable.

Cons

Compensation could be better, it's not bad but definitely on the low end of the spectrum.

Leader (Sales Rep)

I worked at Cydcor

Pros

For starters - the very positive reviews are current employees and the very negative reviews are most likely people who couldn't sell.

True pros:
    Great for people in college looking for a chance to build a resume.

Opportunity for responsibility at young age (train, manage, lead).

Pay is 100% commission but decent money for college kid if he's good. I was making $750 per week on average.

Fun / young culture

HELPED ME BETTER MYSELF FOR FUTURE. STEPPING STONE!!

Cons

Cult feel. Like super culty. Okay to put up with temporarily, but gets old.

No gas reimbursement.

Manipulation depending on your manager.

If you're not great with people and can't be a little pushy - this isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Be more upfront about the job. Honesty is key.

Voted best place to work in LA for 7 years straight for a reason

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Company culture is fantastic
    -there's a gym in the office...you can't beat that!
    -Amazing management
    -leadership & promotion opportunities within
    -easy commute to work
    -very Google-esque work environment
    -long hours, but flexible
    -great location
    -great benefits (401K plan & health insurance)
    -comfortable salary
    -Tons of young employees working towards the same goal
    -very motivated and energetic

Cons

No cons that I can come up with.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

You get out what you put in

I have been working at Cydcor

Pros

The work environment is second to none. There are many people all wanting the same basic things you do; like a company that invests in them, trains them, gives them opportunities to move up etc. The structure is such that everybody genuinely wants to help others hit their goals. Those that only look out for themselves or make excuses, usually don't last long. Wish other jobs were like that. Growth is unlimited as is the potential for income. This is not a new concept!! But this company has done an impressive job of making it attainable with a comprehensive support system. Impressive clients, impressive company sponsored events, impressive bonuses. Good company to work for.

Cons

The work is very hard. Especially at first. And it doesn't get easier for a long time. I have worked here just over a year and still struggle at times. Can be difficult because it is often straight commission. However many jobs are like that. Nothing new. If you can't handle hard work, or self management/discipline you will fail. Period. Not the type of job you can slack with and still expect a good paycheck. Often long hours and sometimes customers or team members can be difficult to deal with.

Incredible and comprehensive learning experience as a Marketing Intern at Cydcor.

Former Intern - Marketing Specialist in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Intern - Marketing Specialist in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Cydcor as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I had such a cool experience working with Cydcor in the Marketing Department. The department met often and I had clear direction, without ever having someone constantly checking on me. I felt freedom to be creative and drive to impress my fellow employees. The atmosphere was laid-back but still professional, and I was able to meet and interact with upper management, including the CEO and COO, regularly. We took part in modules that focused on improving our time management, organization and communication skills, and more.

I was passionate about my projects and was able to grow with the assistance of my peers, and my direct supervisor Gail Michalak. Overall, invaluable experience.

Cons

I had a bit of a commute, which was my only complaint.

Great place to work!

I have been working at Cydcor

Pros

There are so many amazing and inspirational people that work for Cydcor. The company really encourages growth and reaching your goals, both personal and career related. There is such a positive environment, I love coming to work everyday!

Cons

None so far! I only wish that I lived closer to work, my commute is the only downside to the job

Pipe Dreams

I worked at Cydcor

Pros

Great environment, lots of fun co-workers, lifelong friends and some days you only work a couple of hours

Cons

I felt like they filled my head with pipe dreams. Almost everyday they pitched "focus on the big picture", which I did but my "big picture" never came because I was passed up on management with people that were getting promoted in less than one month. Also I felt like it was a cult, I spent almost 60 to 70 hours per week doing door-to-door and I wasn't even a manager. After a while I felt like another D2D agent that was there just to keep the company afloat.

Advice to Management

Stop overselling the position, be realistic in how much money new agents can make. Condense the workday to 8hrs. Nobody wants to work 60 hrs a week and making less than $500 a week.

False Advertising and Manipulative

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cydcor

Pros

No pros, all motives are questionable.

Cons

- They prey on the weak and "help" you succeed i.e. move up the ladder
    - 100% commission
    - No one really cares about the person below them; they are only in it for themselves
    - Shady, unethical practices
    - Exaggerated inspiring and convincing stories
    - Mandatory company outings
    - Little pay and lots of expectations: professional attire, pay for travel, work 12+ hours
    - Shady corporate culture
    - the list goes on...

Advice to Management

Stop luring people in with false hopes and false advertising.