Cydcor

Cydcor Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Gary A. Polson

Fantastic Place to Work

Campaign Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cydcor full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI have worked for Cydcor and their affiliate companies for 20+ years, both in the field as a sales rep and office manager and currently for their corporate office. It is a great place to work, offering both personal and business development as well as opportunity for advancement. It is a fun, exciting, innovative sales company!

ConsThe field is not for the faint of heart; similar to any type of sales. Compensation and time off varies depending on your level of commitment and drive to become a manager. I wanted to fast track to managing my own office; it took me approximately 8 months; I took no time off and no vacations. Compensation also varies between 100% commission and/or small base plus commission; there are also bonuses and contests. This depends on which office you are working in and the individual manager. At the corporate level, the culture is very goal oriented, while focusing on innovative and creative ways to be the best! I have nothing negative to say.

Advice to Senior ManagementOn a field/outside sales level, I would encourage the managers to be very upfront to potential employees; set expectations from the get go as well as throughout training and advancement to management. Make it very clear that one must be successful at the sales before they can advance to management. On the corporate level, continue along the path you are on; investing in your people, maintaining a family culture while continuing to grow.

Great opportunity and learning experience but definitely not for simply anyone.

Account Manager (Current Employee)
Westlake, OH

I have been working at Cydcor full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat opportunity for advancement. If successful very lucrative business. Great learning experience. Teaches you management, interviewing, responsibility, time management, consistency, sales, and management skills.

ConsPure commission and bonuses can be expensive if you aren't consistent or have a bad streak. LONG hours 6 days a week. Frequently expect to be called on for mandatory team nights at bars and grills and such. Traveling every day to territory. Political garbage with team members and managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is you once you get promoted. Everyone starts out as an entry level employee. Learn to trust the right people, cut some people off, and keep your eyes o the prize.

Extremely tough but great learning experience

Team Leader (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Cydcor as a contractor for less than a year

ProsCydcor operates independent outsourced sales locations throughout the U.S. The big pro is that if you're good at door to door sales you could be looking at opening your own office (in a sort of franchised model) within a few years. However, very very very few people actually accomplish this.

Sales learning, possibility of advancement if you're an exceptional salesperson, fun collegial environment

ConsThe job is extremely tough, there is a huge rotation (my office turned over 90% of its people in less than a year), and the compensation is very low unless you 'make it'.

100% commissions, no benefits, tough job: outdoor sales

Its an experience.

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Livonia, MI

I worked at Cydcor full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou get to test your chops in sales. There is no micro-management of how you spend your time. You are not inside a cubical all day long. They hire nearly anyone who comes in for an interview. Basic sales skills are developed.

ConsUnbelievably high turn-over. 100% commission, no benefits, you will put thousands of extra miles on your car at absolutely no compensation or reimbursement. There really is no opportunity beyond learning how to sell.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhere to begin.

Short but great environment. , flexible schedule, direct manager was great. CA based Co. no opportunity on the East.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Paramus, NJ

I worked at Cydcor full-time for less than a year

ProsVery flexible schedule and the ability to work from home if needed. Considerate company giving a severance pay for the short time I worked there when they closed our location.

ConsThe rate of pay/compensation plan for the sales associates was very low.

Advice to Senior ManagementCould have been upfront with a heads up for downsizing.

Very proud to work for Cydcor. Excellent place to work.

Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee)
Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros*The company constantly looks for ways to help its employees achieve their goals, improve their skills and ensure employees are taken care of.

*The company offers great benefits

* Great work atmosphere. While we take our jobs seriously, we are always encouraged to have fun with what we do.

*I enjoy working with my team. We are constantly challenging one another to give our best. At the same time, if I need something, I know someone has my back.

*The company shares bonuses with its employees based on performance.

*Interested in giving back to your community? Cydcor encourages employees to get involved and help the community. We have paid volunteer time and we get to choose when and where to use it.

* Cydcor empowers its employees to pursue their career goals. Giving the extra mile really pays off.

* In the 3 years I have worked for Cydcor, I have learned a lot. It made me realize I am capable of achieving anything I put my mind into and I know I will get the support I need to make it happen.

ConsNo cons. If you work hard, Cydcor rewards you. I do not expect work to be easy. I like to challenge myself to be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue empowering the employees. I learned from this company that you do not need to be micromanaged, that whenever you treat your job as if it was your own business you will do whatever it takes to make it work, and it does work. I really enjoy that freedom.

Cydcor has helped me develop both personally and professionally.

Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCydcor focuses on developing people, creating opportunities for both the internal team and for their clients and creating a fun and productive atmosphere.

ConsWestlake Village is far from West Hollywood so my commute is the biggest con.

Great culture and strong values with the opportunity to grow and develop

I have been working at Cydcor full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCydcor has a fun, collaborative and innovative culture where team members are driven and ambitious. The values of the company are not only expected to be upheld by team members, but are consistently demonstrated by the leadership team. I've been with the company for several years and have been given the opportunity to grow and develop myself, as well as, others.

ConsWorking for Cydcor requires that you be driven, ambitious, and have strong work ethic. If you are looking for a 9-5 type of job then this isn't for you. If you are willing to put in the time and effort and are looking for a career with lots of growth potential then this is the place to be.

Bizarre place to work

I have been working at Cydcor

ProsFriendly atmosphere but it can turn on you very quickly.

ConsCultish type of organization and not a place to do meaningful work.
Pay is poor to downright horrible for some. Benefits are atrocious and if you have a family or spouse they are punitive.
This place is NOT a meritocracy.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnfortunately this business model is likely not scalable past a certain point, the numbers just do not support it and specially when it comes to recruiting. The numbers just get mind boggling.
Some key executives and managers have no depth in business or business practices. There is huge exposure from a number of different areas such as compliance, taxes, etc.

Dont bother making it to management

I have been working at Cydcor full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCool people, makes it hard to leave.

ConsYou give it 100% of your time and energy, NO payoff.

Advice to Senior ManagementEver wonder why no one gets promoted to "Sr. Natl?"

Worked for Cydcor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cydcor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cydcor CEO Gary A. Polson. All 31 reviews posted anonymously by Cydcor employees.