www.cydcor.com

Updated December 12, 2014
Updated December 12, 2014
2.9

Gary A. Polson

Pros
  • the work environment is amazing and everyone is so helpful and sincere (in 7 reviews)

• Focuses on developing people, creating opportunities for both internal team members and highly visible clients (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The true job is door to door sales with the "account executive" paying their own gas and driving their own vehicle 6 days a week for no, or little pay (in 4 reviews)

• 100% commission, no gold at the end of the rainbow, as promised (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work!

I have been working at Cydcor

Pros

There are so many amazing and inspirational people that work for Cydcor. The company really encourages growth and reaching your goals, both personal and career related. There is such a positive environment, I love coming to work everyday!

Cons

None so far! I only wish that I lived closer to work, my commute is the only downside to the job

Pipe Dreams

I worked at Cydcor

Pros

Great environment, lots of fun co-workers, lifelong friends and some days you only work a couple of hours

Cons

I felt like they filled my head with pipe dreams. Almost everyday they pitched "focus on the big picture", which I did but my "big picture" never came because I was passed up on management with people that were getting promoted in less than one month. Also I felt like it was a cult, I spent almost 60 to 70 hours per week doing door-to-door and I wasn't even a manager. After a while I felt like another D2D agent that was there just to keep the company afloat.

Stop overselling the position, be realistic in how much money new agents can make. Condense the workday to 8hrs. Nobody wants to work 60 hrs a week and making less than $500 a week.

Great Place to work.

I have been working at Cydcor

Pros

Company Values and professional development is great

Cons

No cons to report really.

Interesting experience with shady practices

Former Employee - Account Executive in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Cydcor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Office culture is upbeat and energetic with employees that are excited to start the day. There is a team of people around you that wants you to constantly succeed.

Cons

The team of people around that wants you to succeed actually wants to see themselves succeed even more. The lower on the pyramid-like hierarchy you are, the more dispensable you are.

No compensation, low pay, and working more than 50 to 60 hours a week. 70% of those hours are walking. 20% of those hours are driving.

Have realistic pay for those that are low on the pyramid. Individuals cannot survive on pay that scales out to be less than minimum wage, especially when most of the money you earn goes towards gas

It is what it is. . .

Current Employee - Account Executive in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You can learn very basic business skills and some business acumen. You also will get to hear some really moving/inspiring speeches.

Cons

Simply put, the system. Period.

Change the system. Don't treat people like #'s.
    "People helping People" ...so let's make sure we aren't exploiting people.

A Pyramid Scheme disguised as a 'Management Development Program'. It is a complete scam.

I worked at Cydcor full-time

Pros

The people you would work with are generally friendly and energetic with a drive to succeed like you would not believe.

Cons

They lure you in with promises of great pay, a friendly environment, and the ability to begin your own branch in a reasonable amount of time (>2 years). Only one of those things is true. They do not tell you that your pay is 100% commission based and that your work is not paying you, it is paying THEM. You will be told that anything less than a 12 hour day is worthless, and your only day off will be Sunday. Your entire paycheck will go to gas which will make it impossible to develop the business professional wardrobe they insist upon during your time in the office (9am-1:30pm). From 1:30pm to 8pm, you are expected to drive as far as they need (there is no compensation for gas), and solicit door-to-door for their current campaign.
    There are no health benefits. The money you strive for does not go to you. 10% goes to you IF you can con some poor fool into signing up for the current product. 10% goes to your 'team leader' for the day. Another 20% to the person who interviewed you. The rest? That goes straight into the branch owners pocket.
    On average, you will work 60+ hours a week. At Government minimum wage, that is approximately $500+ a week. At this company, you will be lucky to make $200 a week on average.
    My true realization of how terrible this company was came from my first business trip. After work (around 11pm) a small team of us was to take a 2 hour drive to another office to see how they worked. While on the road, it was revealed to me that the company does not like to provide airfare as it is too expensive, and my coworkers told me about the 10-30 hour drives they would have to take to go to other cities. The icing on the cake was when we arrived, instead of a hotel like a normal company, we would be staying at a STRANGER'S HOME, the manager of that city's branch (once again, it seemed too expensive to provide their employees a hotel). Six of us were expected to be comfortable on a couch and air mattress. The company does not pay for your food on the business trips, either.
    Do not be lured into this.

Set a base pay for employees, and a weekly gas card (or gas compensation in general). Stop being cheap.

Growing and Learning

I have been working at Cydcor full-time

Pros

Cydcor
    - Focuses on developing people, creating opportunities for both internal team members and highly visible clients.

- Creates energetic work environment with productive and results-oriented values

- Embodies fun, innovative and philanthropic corporate culture

- Nurtures and encourages entrepreneurship within the organization and provides a generous support system for team member ideas

Cons

The Company is growing exponentially, which comes with growing pains. Its leadership team works closely with internal and external talents to adapt to the growing future and create more opportunities.

A Learning Experience

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

“We often miss opportunity because it's dressed in overalls and looks like work” - Thomas Edison. If you are willing to learn the business, you love working with people, and want to gain business acumen then this is a great place to work. The company headquarters promotes a collaborative work environment where you can get involved in many different departments and parts of the business. This a great place to figure out your strengths and explore opportunities. If you are working in the field, you are right it is commissions only and we do this because we bring our clients leads and you are paid per lead. This is actually a pretty common model if you are familiar with sales. The real purpose of working in the field is to learn the sales techniques, customer relationship building, to build confidence in presenting a sales pitch and other business basics. Once you get that and you meet the requirements you can open your own office. This is unique entrepreneurial environment is not for everyone.
    If your are willing to take risks, be a team player, and you want to take on a leadership position then this is a great environment to work in!

Cons

There are many pieces to the business. You have to know the core of the business model which is sales! So you have got to learn relationship building, customer relationships, and be willing to step outside of your comfort zone! Not everyone is up for the challenge so be honest with yourself but know that with great risk comes great reward. This business is entrepreneurial which means we try to new business techniques to see what could improve our business. If you can't work through change or uncertainty then be honest with yourself and pick something safer.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I love the people I work with, Cydcor is constantly striving to improve, fair compensation, autonomy in the work environment, good benefits, great company culture

Cons

Could have better training opportunities for employees

Dream Come True

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've been working at headquarters for 6 months and I can say every day is an amazing and exciting challenge. There is constant support from management and the executive team as their own work ethic inspires me to continue to push myself. The opportunities here are endless as the company is growing at an incredible rate. The positive and fun culture here is infectious as everyone gets along and works as a team. There is a never ending sense of urgency to help the field as well as our clients. Problem solving, critical and creative thinking, efficiency, collaboration, self-development, strong and consistent work ethic as well as a positive and happy attitude are all revered here at Cydcor.

Cons

Long working hours at times, but this is all self imposed. Some of the processes are very manual, which is well known and there is a huge effort to minimize/eliminate this sore spot as the company continues to grow.

Keep up the great work! Management is always striving for their employees' personal development and this is much appreciated.