Cydcor Reviews

2.7

Gary A. Polson

Growing and Learning

I have been working at Cydcor full-time

Pros

Cydcor
    - Focuses on developing people, creating opportunities for both internal team members and highly visible clients.

- Creates energetic work environment with productive and results-oriented values

- Embodies fun, innovative and philanthropic corporate culture

- Nurtures and encourages entrepreneurship within the organization and provides a generous support system for team member ideas

Cons

The Company is growing exponentially, which comes with growing pains. Its leadership team works closely with internal and external talents to adapt to the growing future and create more opportunities.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Cydcor full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love the people I work with, Cydcor is constantly striving to improve, fair compensation, autonomy in the work environment, good benefits, great company culture

Cons

Could have better training opportunities for employees

A Learning Experience

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time for more than a year

Pros

“We often miss opportunity because it's dressed in overalls and looks like work” - Thomas Edison. If you are willing to learn the business, you love working with people, and want to gain business acumen then this is a great place to work. The company headquarters promotes a collaborative work environment where you can get involved in many different departments and parts of the business. This a great place to figure out your strengths and explore opportunities. If you are working in the field, you are right it is commissions only and we do this because we bring our clients leads and you are paid per lead. This is actually a pretty common model if you are familiar with sales. The real purpose of working in the field is to learn the sales techniques, customer relationship building, to build confidence in presenting a sales pitch and other business basics. Once you get that and you meet the requirements you can open your own office. This is unique entrepreneurial environment is not for everyone.
    If your are willing to take risks, be a team player, and you want to take on a leadership position then this is a great environment to work in!

Cons

There are many pieces to the business. You have to know the core of the business model which is sales! So you have got to learn relationship building, customer relationships, and be willing to step outside of your comfort zone! Not everyone is up for the challenge so be honest with yourself but know that with great risk comes great reward. This business is entrepreneurial which means we try to new business techniques to see what could improve our business. If you can't work through change or uncertainty then be honest with yourself and pick something safer.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dream Come True

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Westlake Village, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been working at headquarters for 6 months and I can say every day is an amazing and exciting challenge. There is constant support from management and the executive team as their own work ethic inspires me to continue to push myself. The opportunities here are endless as the company is growing at an incredible rate. The positive and fun culture here is infectious as everyone gets along and works as a team. There is a never ending sense of urgency to help the field as well as our clients. Problem solving, critical and creative thinking, efficiency, collaboration, self-development, strong and consistent work ethic as well as a positive and happy attitude are all revered here at Cydcor.

Cons

Long working hours at times, but this is all self imposed. Some of the processes are very manual, which is well known and there is a huge effort to minimize/eliminate this sore spot as the company continues to grow.

Keep up the great work! Management is always striving for their employees' personal development and this is much appreciated.

Corporate Office- A starting place for those who have never worked before, not professionals!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Cydcor full-time

Pros

They will push you out of your comfort zone and you will learn about the sales industry. You will also grow by learning to work with different personalities (be warned some of which are abusing and are not punished because of their position at company!) and multitasking like a mad person. You will have the opportunity to run meetings and can push yourself as hard as you want. It's a very young office culture with ping pong and perks like a cereal bar.

Cons

Working there was stifling and depressing. When interviewing, they will never be able to describe the pressure of the working environment. You not only have to learn the systems and processes created for this industry, which is all this made up terminology and procedures, but also make sure you have a career path in mind that you are putting in extra work towards. To keep within budgets and because they cannot retain staff, you will have a workload equivilant to two or more people. Compensation will not reflect this extra work.

At the end of the day, your job is to keep the offices selling and happy. Even when they break rules, you will have to scold them yet protect them which goes against everything the company claims to be. Bottom line, the company is formed around favoritism, people stomping on one another to get ahead, and shady treatment of employees. This explains why the culture is so young (fresh grads) they don't know better- most people are out the door after a couple of years.

When employees are crying due to stress and workload, it may be a good time to make changes.

One of the best places I've ever worked.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Westlake, LA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Westlake, LA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time

Pros

Excellent opportunity for smart, ambitious, driven individuals. The leadership team is opportunistic and sets you up for success. Recognition of hard work and successes are a common practice here. No matter what department you are in, if you take the initiative - you will have the opportunity to develop professionally - comparable to MBA+ level skills. Salary and vacation are good and there are company wide bonus opportunities. Cydcor values giving back to communities and helping people in need. You know you are making a difference in many lives when you work here.

Cons

There are some growing pains - not a bad problem to have though. This company has a bright future and makes appropriate changes to adapt to their growing future.

I've had a great experience here because of the openness to new ideas and change, emphasis on personal development and mentorship, which stems from the top down. This is unique and a valuable culture that truly makes a difference to employees in their personal and professional life. Very appreciative.

Program Manager

Former Employee - Program Maanager  in  Westlake Village, CA
    Former Employee - Program Maanager in Westlake Village, CA

I worked at Cydcor as an intern for less than a year

Pros

People and atmosphere are positive and encouraging. Very comfortable place to work. Hours are not stressful. Projects are very interesting.

Cons

Hard to get time off. Sometimes there are not enough projects to go around and the job can get very slow. Guidance can be insufficient at times.

Management structure is excellent. No advice.

Don't be lured in!

I worked at Cydcor

Pros

Unless you consider lying a pro, I honestly can not think of one thing good to say about this company. It is not what they tell you

Cons

My biggest advice is do your research. Research Cydcor then research DS-Max marketing. They are suspiciously similar and too close for comfort. Needless to say as soon as I found out some sketchy things about these companies I got out as quickly as possible. Cydcor is very dishonest and never gives a straight answer. I still have not been paid for training I went through when I started the company. That was almost 4 months ago. Please beware!

Waste of Time

I have been working at Cydcor

Pros

The people are friendly and "like-minded"

Cons

100% commission, no gold at the end of the rainbow, as promised.

disguised as a legitimate sales job

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Cydcor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility, talking to people all day, and not having someone hovering over you day all is nice.

Cons

Pay is 100% commission based. The atmosphere is cult like, you have to repeat what the leader says out loud every time they speak. Team nights are optional but are made to feel mandatory. You will play childish games for an hour in the office every morning while you could be out in the field. Don't try to set an appointment with a client, that is forbidden. Have fun walking around in 90 weather wearing a suit (which is required), because having fun is all they do, you won't make enough money to live off of, but you will have a lot of FUN. One more thing, in Charlotte they disguise themselves as a local company called "Queen City Consulting," don't waste your time.

Go to the local GED graduation and pick out your next crew of followers.

Worked for Cydcor? Contribute to the Community!