Cydcor Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.4
Gary A. Polson

Pros
  • Creates energetic work environment with productive and results-oriented values (in 7 reviews)

• I actually wanted to spend more time in meetings with some of the Cydcor team members that I worked with (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The true job is door to door sales with the "account executive" paying their own gas and driving their own vehicle 6 days a week for no, or little pay (in 4 reviews)

• 100% commission, no gold at the end of the rainbow, as promised (in 6 reviews)

1. Quite the experience thus far...!

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been a part of this company for about six months and it has been quite the experience. There have been many different opportunities for learning through workshops, business trips, guest speakers, conference calls, etc. I can confidently say that I have acquired several notable skills that, if I were ever to leave the company, I could apply those skills to any future career position, such as public speaking, mentoring/training, interviewing... not to mention the sales portion of the job. Sales is a relatively rough job due to the rejection you may face from potential customers you meet, but you learn to develop a thick skin, and I think that is always useful in any field of work. The office environment is great as well. Most days, I don't feel like I'm "at work." I feel like I'm spending time with people whose company I really enjoy and who share the same end goals as I do. Coming from a previous line of work where team-work was ultimately "faked" and people were constantly "thrown under the bus," it is really nice to work in a company where everyone wants to help everyone else out.

Cons

Working on 100% commission can be a bit rough at times. (I wanted to leave at one point because I wasn't making enough, but I decided to suck it up and power through the rough patch and have actually been consistently making more than enough money for my needs.) I live about an hour away from the office, so balancing work/personal life has been difficult to schedule at times... but I have been able to manage my time better recently. If my commute was shorter, it probably would be easier for me to manage my time.

Advice to Management

Maybe provide some sort of compensation for travel expenses, if possible?

Run.. fast

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Cydcor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Entry level sales training and that's about it

Cons

The perpetual carrot. Cydcor has so many people brainwashed to think that they are a good a decent company. They are not. I often had to challenge to get paid for the work that I did with the clients. I understand commission based sales, but I do not understand the lack of support and the lack of payment for work done. I haven't seen to many other sales companies that do not give a base pay on top of commission. The first few weeks you will make no money. I had to train countless individuals and with each one I felt a piece of myself disappear into the black hole that is Cydcor. We would tell the candidates what they would make a week. The amounts I was told I had to portray were flat out lies. I would be micromanaged to make sure I was always telling the same amounts though. I was in the wrong to not stand up against the powers that be about this issue. The conferences are glitzy and glamorous. Then the unprofessionalism truly begins once the cocktail party starts. This company would flash expensive cars, watches, and other "awards" to entice people to work harder. Of course the higher ups could afford to do this as they skimmed a bit off the top of every deal done. This is multi-level marketing at best. Run, fast and far from any company that represents Cydcor. I was brainwashed for far too long. Do not let yourself fall into the same trap.

Advice to Management

Pay your reps. Stop falsifying numbers.

3. Please do not work for them!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Cydcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture and environment! They mean work hard when alot of people don't and expect everything!!

Cons

From learning the culture it was very exciting in the beginning. But after 2 years it has messed up my life like I have never worked at all. The people who said they would be my references never answered or responded to calls or emails. Even when they said yes.. And will be my number one reference. I worked so hard for them for 2 years and 12 hours a day.

manager

Current Employee - Account Manager in Westlake Village, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at Cydcor

Pros

none none none none none

Cons

"COO" is disingenuous. Bully. Has own agenda.

Advice to Management

Terminate the bully

6. Great place to work! Great people to work with

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Agoura Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Agoura Hills, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has great benefits The company offers many company perks This is a great work environment that pushes you to grow both personally and professionally. I have learned so much from the Cydcor team and I feel proud of all that I have accomplished and learned.

Cons

This place is not for everybody. Not everybody likes to be pushed out of their comfort zone. You will be encouraged to give your best and grow. This is what has helped me grow so much professionally. If you do not like to to step out of your comfort zone, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Working every month with your team on their Personal Development plans is very helpful. Continue setting those meetings with your team since this is the best way to align goals and career development.

fun place

I have been working at Cydcor full-time

Pros

great place to work at

Cons

there are no cons there

Bitter Sweet

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Agoura Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Agoura Hills, CA

I worked at Cydcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment and experience gained at entry level position. Challenging and possibly rewarding.

Cons

Overworked at times, hard to meet expectations when reporting and working with 20+ people.

Advice to Management

Do not make assumptions without investigating, be aware and involved more with what you request and expect.

Data Manager

Former Employee - Corporate - Data Manager in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate - Data Manager in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Cydcor (More than a year)

Pros

The corporate culture at Cydcor is Google-ish! Co-workers became friends, and the opportunity is abundant. Expect a solid work load, but one that is balanced by support from coworkers and upper management. Strong values, good benefits, and superior leadership. Vera Quinn, is THEE REASON the office maintains the spirit it does. Some often say you must drink the koolaid, but why wouldn't you? If you don't enjoy the people or the work you do, you probably should find a new job. If you get the opportunity to interview at Cydcor, relax! They Want to get to know you as a person, they brought you in because they believe you have the ability to do the job, however they will only hire you if you fit their culture and contribute to the awesome work environment. The opportunity is real. You must sacrifice and put the time and energy into the work to earn the rewards. Some may say they bribe you with opportunity, however, 90% of the window office managers started at the entry level. Always open to innovative ideas and better processes. Whether it is a simple change in procedure, or an idea that may cost big $$$$$. If it makes sense, they will listen and implement anything in a timely fashion.

Cons

Entry level employee pay is below market rate (you have to prove yourself first.). However, if you are promoted or brought in above entry level, the pay is at or above market rate. Great people, great team activities at work and away from work, motivational, Ping-pong/pool tables for your use anytime, snacks/coffee/food all the time, incredible COO in Very Quinn! Oh wait, these were all pros... If you don't buy into the vision and the culture, don't continue working there and spoil the Cydcor family. Drink the koolaide until you make the koolaide!

Advice to Management

I miss Cydcor and the opportunities and culture they have created. Don't ever let Vera leave, she is the best their is in a human being. Don't let your A's leave before paying them their deserved value. Great company, keep up the great work!

Assistant Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Cydcor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best sales training you will ever receive in your life

Cons

Worst job you will ever accept in your life

Advice to Management

Honestly and integrity

11. Honest Cydcor review

I worked at Cydcor

Pros

Fun place if you can enjoy some of the perks; monthly lunch:

Cons

Known to make promises that will not be fulfilled.

Advice to Management

I like the management team in place. I wanted a clearer picture of what success looked like and how I was progressing towards it.

RSS Feed </> Embed