Cydcor Reviews

Dream Come True

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Westlake Village, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been working at headquarters for 6 months and I can say every day is an amazing and exciting challenge. There is constant support from management and the executive team as their own work ethic inspires me to continue to push myself. The opportunities here are endless as the company is growing at an incredible rate. The positive and fun culture here is infectious as everyone gets along and works as a team. There is a never ending sense of urgency to help the field as well as our clients. Problem solving, critical and creative thinking, efficiency, collaboration, self-development, strong and consistent work ethic as well as a positive and happy attitude are all revered here at Cydcor.

Cons

Long working hours at times, but this is all self imposed. Some of the processes are very manual, which is well known and there is a huge effort to minimize/eliminate this sore spot as the company continues to grow.

Keep up the great work! Management is always striving for their employees' personal development and this is much appreciated.

One of the best places I've ever worked.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Westlake, LA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Westlake, LA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time

Pros

Excellent opportunity for smart, ambitious, driven individuals. The leadership team is opportunistic and sets you up for success. Recognition of hard work and successes are a common practice here. No matter what department you are in, if you take the initiative - you will have the opportunity to develop professionally - comparable to MBA+ level skills. Salary and vacation are good and there are company wide bonus opportunities. Cydcor values giving back to communities and helping people in need. You know you are making a difference in many lives when you work here.

Cons

There are some growing pains - not a bad problem to have though. This company has a bright future and makes appropriate changes to adapt to their growing future.

I've had a great experience here because of the openness to new ideas and change, emphasis on personal development and mentorship, which stems from the top down. This is unique and a valuable culture that truly makes a difference to employees in their personal and professional life. Very appreciative.

This is a horrible company- based on lies, high pressure, and lots of promises with very little reward.

Current Employee - Sales Slave  in  Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Slave in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Cydcor full-time for less than a year

Pros

i enjoyed some of my coworkers... they were great. especially my boss "Pat".... until i realized that the friendships made at this company are all based around getting the employees to buy in to their pyramid scheme business. very laid back atmosphere can be fun, but most times leads to problems

Cons

promotions mean nothing.... high pressure, coached to lie to customers, bold faced lie to customers....work long hours- more than 40 hr weeks yet not payed overtime...

Forced to participate in leaders meetings, such that you are supposed to be at work at 10-1030 for an 11 am start time. and then may have to drive home an extra 60-90 minutes depending on which store you work in... with no gas reimbursement.

forced to participate in business trips as well as pay your own gas and food on trips.... the company does pay for a 2 bed hotel toom- a rat hole, for four guys to share.

I was physically threatened by another employee in a staff meeting.... and nothing was done. Gas is not reimbursed, even though at the interview they assured me it would be. In addition, i was told I would get health benifits- which I also did not recieve.

the pitch for the office i was at was selling direct tv- and our entire pitch was based on impulse and lying and fudging numbers... praying on people with bad credit and ommitting details about the contract...

the quicker the sale- the less likely they are to read the fine print.

sadly- walmart lets these people sell in their stores- however for each direct tv system the sell... walmart gets 200 bucks. then again, walmart isnt very moral either.

you can make money at this job if you lie- but if you are honest and respectful and dont want to fib or gloss over details- you will never make any money and constantly be i the draw.

promise you the moon and dont deliver anything

i estimate that i worked 50 hrs a week for less than minimum wage.

please- the government needs to put this compnay out of business...

spy on your offices... see how crooked they are run...

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Waste of Time

I have been working at Cydcor

Pros

The people are friendly and "like-minded"

Cons

100% commission, no gold at the end of the rainbow, as promised.

Program Manager

Former Employee - Program Maanager  in  Westlake Village, CA
    Former Employee - Program Maanager in Westlake Village, CA

I worked at Cydcor as an intern for less than a year

Pros

People and atmosphere are positive and encouraging. Very comfortable place to work. Hours are not stressful. Projects are very interesting.

Cons

Hard to get time off. Sometimes there are not enough projects to go around and the job can get very slow. Guidance can be insufficient at times.

Management structure is excellent. No advice.

disguised as a legitimate sales job

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Cydcor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility, talking to people all day, and not having someone hovering over you day all is nice.

Cons

Pay is 100% commission based. The atmosphere is cult like, you have to repeat what the leader says out loud every time they speak. Team nights are optional but are made to feel mandatory. You will play childish games for an hour in the office every morning while you could be out in the field. Don't try to set an appointment with a client, that is forbidden. Have fun walking around in 90 weather wearing a suit (which is required), because having fun is all they do, you won't make enough money to live off of, but you will have a lot of FUN. One more thing, in Charlotte they disguise themselves as a local company called "Queen City Consulting," don't waste your time.

Go to the local GED graduation and pick out your next crew of followers.

Cydcor hires anyone. Because anyone can door to door for little to no pay.

I worked at Cydcor for less than a year

Pros

You'll be hired. That is the one and only pro any Cydcor office has to offer.

Cons

Look out for these uniquely named offices spread everywhere. My experience was with Skyline Ohio, a Cydcor office located in Cincinnati Ohio. The true job is door to door sales with the "account executive" paying their own gas and driving their own vehicle 6 days a week for no, or little pay. Don't drink the kool-aid that Cydcor offers. Find a real paying and less deceitful job, especially those will a good college degree.

Stop.

If you think you can stomach trying it out for a few weeks to get minimum pay for major effort then go for it.

Former Employee - Marketing, Sales Associate, Pre-Management  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Marketing, Sales Associate, Pre-Management in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Cydcor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Worked for their Silver State Marketing branch in Las Vegas. They have many gregarious people around that make you feel welcome during the interview process.

Cons

- terrible interview system, basically they bring you in for the first interview where they ask you several irrelevant questions about yourself to make you open up on whether or not you want a job. Your second interview will be more thorough in discussing your work experience and education, any questions you have will generally be half answered, such as pay being referred to as a weekly basis. To sweeten the pot they tell you that you will be given a $200 training bonus upon completion of training. Then on the third interview you find out AFTER You already get offered the job that that bonus is contingent on you completing 5 sales minimum, along with your pay being completely commission based.
     -After the interview process is over you are hired (they are going to hire you regardless of credentials due to their high turnover rate) you are pretty much put through several days of being told to learn to repeat the same several paragraphs because that is the ONLY way to sell their product. You will then be given field experience where you drive out to wherever they have a few people already using or interested in the product you are campaigning for. They then assume that every single person in the neighborhood is also wanting your product so you will go and talk to everyone on their list. This is cold calling plain and simple do not let anyone tell you different.
    -They seem to think that saying you are working from 11-8 means you should assume you are working from 11-9, this is due to the fact that you are not allowed to leave the field until at least 8:00 PM. It will then on average take 25-30 minutes to return to the office to report and fill out paperwork.
    -Too many more issues to count. If you are still unsure then I suggest you walk around your neighborhood and knock on doors, talk to the people who answer and knock a second time for those who do not, do this at least 45 times a day for 6 hours a day, when it is over tell yourself that at least at Cydcor you could potentially get payed 1 of those times because that is what they will tell you is your goal. That one sale.

Stop lying to people who come in for interviews, you are not a sales company looking for sales people is what you keep telling everyone, the problem is that you are. You aren't fooling anyone for more than a week if you are lucky, and if they are staying longer than that then they are obviously a fan of making up cheers and running around in circles giving out high fives to everyone else.

A Shameful Scam That Preys On The Inexperienced

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Cydcor as a contractor

Pros

I met some really wonderful people working here.

Cons

There is not a single benefit to working at this company, none. You don't have to work for a commission only outsourced marketing company to learn B2B. There are plenty of companies out there that will give you a real entry-level sales position and treat you like a human. If they're not going to pay you, then it's obvious that they don't value you.

It seems pretty clear that your business model is based on using young and inexperienced professionals in a shotgun approach for your marketing campaigns. It also seems clear that your perfectly happy to leave a trail of unhappy ex-employees who are perfectly willing to take to their rants to social media to make sure that nobody else falls for your tricks. So if that's what you're going for…Keep up the good work and good luck with the ACA!

AMAZING place that gives a great opportunity to those that want it.

Current Employee - Operations  in  Westlake Village, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at Cydcor full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I love how everyone partners together on a common goal and aligned on driving the company to the next level. You get plenty of support and help when you ask for it.
    There is no limit in how high or how quickly you can grow. If you are willing to grow and develop yourself and work hard there potential for you is limitless.
    Plus they help make you feel good about yourself by giving so may opportunities to help give back to local communities and charities. Not a lot of companies can say that.
    They truly are an organization that puts people first and doesn't treat people like a number.

Cons

I think that Cydcor has done a great job of addressing any area that the teams find not ideal.
    The plans and approaches they have for the future make me excited to be part of this growing company.

Don't stop pushing until we truly are the global leader.

Worked for Cydcor? Contribute to the Community!