Cymetrix

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael Halberda

Expectations clear

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEmployee happiness and fulfillment depends on your manager. I had one who wanted to micromanage and another who gave me free reign.

ConsCompany doesn't care about employees. It's all about the bottom line

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open with employees.

Great people, no opportunities.

ProsThere are a lot of great individuals that work with the company. Middle management is skewed and favoritism is how some advance while some that deserve higher positions are overlooked and not utilized.

ConsLack of communication, training is limited, middle management is not directive and their knowledge can be limited and not accessible.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview your middle management staff and listen and take advice from the employees that are giving constructive feedback and open to more ideas and people who truly do want and are experienced to advance in the company.

Ok job overall.

Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) Gardena, CA

ProsA paycheck, good hours, benefits.

ConsFavoritism amongst certain employees, no room to grow or advance.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

"VERY POOR TREATMENT OF THEIR CORE PEOPLE, THE ONES WHO MAKE THEM SUCCESSFUL EVERYDAY"

I'd Rather Not Say (Current Employee)

ProsCo-Workers are awesome. It is truly a family enviornment. Many good friends can be made there.

ConsUpper management, meaning the ones who write the rules, need to stop looking at the numbers and start caring about the people. Prior to setting standards, do their jobs. If it is found to be possible, put those numbers out there. They sit in their offices while everyone else makes them successful and have no true knowledge what their lower end employees face everyday in the challenges to make the company and project successful. The proper tools to complete the tasks required are not supplied yet the expectations of the numbers remains the same. Reports created by someone hired yet has never done the job do not truly express the needs of each office, nor do they define the people and their skills. I challenge anyone in upper management to sit in my desk for one day, do my job. I

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you can reach the goals set by your reports and your numbers, which by the way are also created by people whom are not educated in what the position truly entails, then you are correct. If not, rethink your company's actions towards VERY good employees. We have lost too many and with good reason. The reputation in this area, (where everyone knows everyone in this industry), is horrible. Ex employees tell everyone who will listen not to work here. Sad.

Great mission and goal, misalignment with staff performance and satisfaction

Staff Consultant (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsThey allow expense and travel flexibility. Great opportunity to get your hands dirty, research and fix issues.

ConsVery little staff recognition. No performance based bonus. Performance rating process is not constructive. Company has a lot of firedrills, high stress, which possibily leads to their high attrition rate. The CEO is rarely visible.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement: you should empower your staff to provide process improvement solutions, listen to your staff's ideas, formalize performance rating process, and institute a formal bonus program.

I would not recommend a Career at Cymetrix to anyone.

ProsThere is some opportunity for advancement with no previous experience. Typically the lower level employees are great people.

ConsSenior Management regularly uses harrassment, intimidation, and bullying with lower level employees. There are never enough staff to get all the work done and project goals frequently go unmet.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe look at the type of image you are presenting to your employees. It isnt enough to say you care, you need to show it.

Very Poor Financial Management of Company - Employees Suffer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFor those individual who work at the coporate office or "know" someone high up in the company, this can be a very good place to work. It can also be a good place to work if new business is coming in and the company is making money. They probably pay higher than average wages, but they have to do this to keep employees (see cons)

ConsHere is where the bad side comes in. Every year, the company either goes on a wage freeze (which means no salary increases for anyone - oh, except for the "management team") or does a bunch of lay offs, or sometimes both. In 2012, the company was on a wage freeze, then an email went out stating that a bunch of improvements were made and that the wage freeze would be lifted (but there would be no increases for 6 months for anyone - oh, except for the "management team" who immediatly got large salary increases). Then, 6 weeks after this email, there were a bunch of layoffs becuase all of a sudden, they are not makeing any money. There are never year end bonues - oh, except for the "management" team or for family members.

Also, watch out for a few individuals in management. They have either been there a long time or have come and gone multiple times, but have the ear and input to the CEO. Their option will be listened to regardless of the truth. It is a very political company with "family and friends" getting the benefits.

As an employee, you will pay through the nose if you want any health benefits (especially if you need family coverage - amily). They require manditory days off around holiday time where you either have to take vacation time or take the time off without pay (another way of cutting down their liability as vacation time is paid out when an employee leaves the company).

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees. You state that your employees are the "heart of the business", but only in words. Stop paying your management team higher and higher salary and bonuses. Spend some of that money on the people that actually do the work. Value your employees. Stop all the politics.

Tolerable, but far from the best

(Current Employee)

ProsNice office locations, professional, benefit options, talented IT/IS department, enthusiastic training staff, client/customer focused

ConsAlthough the benefit packages have options, they are costly for employees with spouses and/or children. Employees are required to use vacation hours for days prior to major holidays (Christmas Eve, New Years Eve, etc), or they have to take those days unpaid if vacation hours are not available. Corporate office upper management team is very "hands-off" with other office site teams and are therefore unaware of site-specific middle-management issues and low morale. Some positions are overpaid, while some hourly positions with roles critical to the success of company-wide projects are not offered competitive wages. There is very little opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees and they will want to invest their best in the company. Get to know the employees that work under your middle-management supervisors. The middle-management face is not necessarily the true indicator of the environment. Encourage HR to be more supportive of employees, not just management.

Terrible communication, management doesn't care.

ProsCompany is winning new business and has a lot of potential for growth.

ConsCompany is only staying afloat as long as new business comes in faster than existing clients go elsewhere. Senior management is a tight circle and communication down through the company is terrible or non existent. The result is many employees left feeling that the company simply doesn't care about them.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate beyond the walls of the board room -- let the team know you care enough about them to let them know what is going on. Also, an annual review and incentive/bonus program would be nice.

Lot of work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsExperienced staff, focus and direction.

ConsCan't seem to keep the good ones, makes you wonder about the long timers secrets.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect

Worked for Cymetrix? Contribute to the Community!