Cynergy

www.cynergy.com

Cynergy Reviews

Updated Jun 13, 2014

Carson Hager

One of the smartest groups of people I've ever worked with

Software Consultant (Former Employee)

Pros- career advancement
    - extremely intelligent co-workers. you learn from, they learn from you
    - diverse sets of technologies to work with. if you want to learn more in different areas, those avenues are available to explore.

Cons- project management practices could use a bit of work
    - you really have to make clear what your boundaries are when it comes to work/life balance

You never stop moving

Instructor (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsLove working there great company

ConsYou wish you could teach more kids are really great

Was great place to work for

Web Applications Technical Lead (Former Employee)

ProsFree spirit culture. Telecommute. Great minds. Was great place to work at.

ConsBad Benefits. No down time. Poor personal growth

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Smart, dedicated coworkers.

ProsAwesome coworkers - we really do have some of the best people in the industry working here. They have consistently been great to work with and many are now good friends.

Relaxed office - no cubes, open spaces, ping pong (this matters), wear shoes if you want to, snacks and drinks provided including good coffee :).

Widely varying projects - I have not found myself solving the same problems over and over. Each project brings lots of new things to learn about.

ConsLittle career advancement opportunities - there are not so many people that numerous layers of management are needed. That is nice in some respects but it also means that you kind of have your job and that's that.

Bonuses have not materialized in a while.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore transparency around the creation and staffing of new roles when they do come up would be nice.

Cynergy was a great company to work in. You were surrounded by peers that were exceptional in their fields.

User Experience Lead (Current Employee)

ProsIncredible culture and fun atmosphere. Your surrounded by very talented skilled tech savy peers. Lots of great swagger and respect in the industry. I enjoyed working here very much.

ConsVery little to no career growth opportunity. This is more a flaw of the size and maturity of the company. Benefits are weak - again that is due to the size more than anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake an active, and direct role in helping your employees achieve personal greatness. The company benefits greatly.

Very positive. Great atmosphere, very intelligent colleagues, wide variety of experiences.

ProsPositive atmosphere, highly intelligent colleagues constantly challenging you to improve, you get to work on many different kinds of projects in many industries.

ConsWhile it's very interesting to work on many different kinds of projects, it can lead to a steep learning curve in terms of subject matter sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on hiring more people with specialized skill sets, not just exceptional generalists. This will take a deeper bench and more careful resource management, but projects with specialized resources seem to run smoother.

Amazing culture with some of the smartest people around

ProsGreat people, great culture, and a great opportunity to be challenged with solving complex business problems with digital experiences. They company is very good about making sure you have what you need to be successful, and management -- all the way up to the president -- is very accessible and willing to mentor.

ConsWhile there is plenty of opportunities to grow skill sets, there are really no career advancement opportunities if you decide that you want to transition to another role.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be transparent and accessible to the company. These are good people who pour their souls into their work and love it here.

A mixed experience here thus far. I don't recomend.

Software Developer (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsExciting work and a few really passionate competent people.

ConsA disaster of an organization filled mostly with family and friends some of whom have very little real world experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the brogrammer culture and stop with the nepotism.

Quiet professionals with a goal-oriented, hands-off culture

Business Analyst (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsNice spaces, great performers, people have a great mix of backgrounds. Very social. A good place to be

ConsGrowing, so not all the tools are in place for collaboration, project management, etc. No equity compensation that I know of.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out the growth path that will keep the culture.

Great work environment if you can deal with issues.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe management does not care about things that don't matter, but could not care more about creating an end product that amazes. This is an environment where the very best can find a happy home. Good end results are very much rewarded and appreciated.
    Salaries and insurance are very good.
    Many of the people on the payroll and truly good people.
    You are left to do your job in the way you best see fit to do it.
    If you really are the best at what you do than Cynergy is a great home. You will bleed Cynergy.

ConsProfessionalism is something that does not exist here. Mistakes are met with yelling and name calling. The worst part is that the CEO defines narcissism, and has no idea how to run a company effectively.
    If you do not fit into the "popular" crowd at the office you are neglected and more than likely let go.
    Advancement within the company is not an option. Management is scattered, disorganized and dishonest about performance. There is practically no HR.
    There is absolutely and intentionally no sense of job security.
    There are no goals, feedback, or training.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuarterly (at least) performance reviews for clear set goals.
    Organize the organization.
    Speak to professionals like they are professionals.

Worked for Cynergy? Contribute to the Community!