Cynosure

Be The First To
Add Photos

Cynosure Chairman, President, and CEO Michael R. Davin

Michael R. Davin

Great people in the departments, fickle management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Westford, MA

ProsCynosure has a great overall work energy, and everyone seems genuinely interested in not only the work they do but also the people they work with. A very open setting where the sharing of ideas and concerns feels natural and welcomed.

ConsUpper management does not value the teeth of the gears, only the gears as a whole. You'll be given a handful of pep rallies throughout the fiscal year to make you think they care, but remember, the shareholders always come first, and if they need to cut costs, the axe could come down on just about anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand the relationship between the employees lowest on the totem pole and your global initiatives, because right now, to everybody working under you, you seem a bit clueless to what the company actually needs to grow and expand.

HAHA avoid this place like the plague

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Westford, MA

ProsThe water from the water fountain is free.......

ConsNo money spent, everyone lies, low wages, 70 hour work weeks, mandated you carry a cell phone and be on call, and that is for everyone in the company.

Advice to Senior Managementquit

Should Think Things Through

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Westford, MA

ProsThere seems to be good team work among the Cynosure employees. They seem to work well with little and older technology. Flexible with hours.

ConsVery high expectations and somewhat unrealistic without understanding what is going on within a department. Don't value an employee enough. They feel you are replaceable and no consideration to the hard work you are doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at each employee and what they bring to the table. Consider when making transitions talking to the people who do the work and what will help them get the job done better. Don't just make changes and expect people to adapt easily.Sitting in an office and making decisions without consulting your team is unfair. Especially when we are the ones answering questions that we are not informed of our selves.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great at first, then bad management took over.

AREA SALES MANAGER (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule and good money.

ConsPoor managers that treated Reps horribly.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow the "Golden Rule".

Great Challenge - Great Reward - Hard Work

Marketing (Current Employee) Westford, MA

ProsFocused, driven and highly efficient departmental teams. Very fast paced, superb leadership. Plenty of opportunities for A-game players. If you are not type-A personality and are willing to meet challenges head-on, this company is not for you.

ConsExtremely high pressure to perform, very little margin for error. Due to the small (yet very efficient) departments you need to bring your best effort to work every single day.

Advice to Senior ManagementExecutive Management - Keep up the phenomenal work.

Not for everybody.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsCutting edge technogies, staying up to date with the latest demands in aesthetic practice. Great commissions. Good for advancement. Extremely high pressure. Selling lasers not for everyone.

ConsThere are large territories in a saturated marketplace. Lots and lots of cold calling and little to no account management.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo issues with upper management.

Update

Service (Former Employee) Frankfurt, Brandenburg (Germany)

ProsThe people, everyone I worked prior to the merge with PMTI in were amazing

ConsStop spending on big buildings, prime locations and spend money on people

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring mediocre employees that contribute very little. Also, seriously evaluate the remaining employees, look at their actual responsibilities, specially at management level.
    Treat people as persons not as furniture. Comunication is very poor

Worked for Cynosure? Contribute to the Community!