Cynthia Rowley

Be The First To
Add Photos

Peter Arnold

Nice Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cynthia Rowley

ProsIt's not a very stressful atmosphere and the clothing is beautiful which makes the job much easier.

ConsThe business isn't as organized as other companies I've worked for, so that was the biggest downfall.

managing others egos.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cynthia Rowley as an intern

ProsGreat office with access to all people working at the company.

ConsLittle to no help with tasks when requested. Everyone acts like they are too busy to help and give no proper direction when necessary. No culture in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of looking down at interns and ignoring them, teach us a few things and appreciate us working for you.

Unorganized, terrible company to work for

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cynthia Rowley full-time

ProsYou get to work with great clothes and you don't have anyone really micro-managing you!

ConsYou may not hear from corporate for days! Everyone in corporate is terribly unorganized, doesn't support you, and no matter what, it's always your fault.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together!

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst internship opportunity ever!

PR Intern (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Cynthia Rowley as an intern for less than a year

ProsHmmmm... Learned a lot about mental abuse. Learned that communication is vital in company success.

ConsFelt totally used. Paid my own taxi and subway fair for their errands. Mentally and physically abusive. No one said good bye or thank you on my last day.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not take on interns if you do not have time or patience to mentor. I think this company has a reputation in the business therefore people who apply are not top notch. This company has potential but is not focused.

I loved interning, I hated working for them.

PR Intern, Assistant to Business Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Cynthia Rowley

ProsWhen I was an intern I worked hard and felt rewarded and respected for the work I put in and in turn I worked even harder....came in on Saturdays when needed. Cynthia is always around and she can be friendly if she likes you. The great thing is if they like you and you work hard they may give you a job!.....they seem to have a high turn over rate which leads me to the cons.

ConsSomeone else said there was an employee that is very permanent that is VERY RUDE. That was my boss. I was the first to work in my position so they never gave me any proper idea of what I was to do other than "assist" this person. I was way over worked, underpaid and had no idea what I was doing. This was my first ever big girl job and I desperately wanted to do a good job but when I did something wrong I was treated like an idiot and if I did something right it went unnoticed. The work environment was hostile. I was so anxious I'd get sick before having to go to work and would be upset after work. They expect too much of you and give you little to nothing in return. I loved interning but once I became an employee I hated it. In the time that I was there two people were fired and after I quit two more girls quit....there are only about 20 employees that work there. They try to blame everyone else except the one person that is the problem. Oh well.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the person that can't seem to get along with people and has a sour face 24/7. She may do a good job but no one likes her or wants to work for her.

Be nice.

CR Intern

I worked at Cynthia Rowley

ProsI think you get a good look at how the fashion business is like.

oh, and Cynthia was always around, which was cool.

ConsTo be honest I didn't learn anything here except for the fact that I DON'T want to work in fashion anymore. You can tell that the management team here really does not care about what the intern gains out of the experience, its all for the benefit of them. I didn't do anything worthwhile here. It's a shame because there's potentially a lot that an intern can gain out of here since its a small group of fulltime workers and you can talk to the directors, but most are rather condescending and could careless about you.

The facilities were pretty bad as well - the computers were all very old, and they just crammed the interns in the basement which was brutal in the summertime since there was no air conditioning. oh, and there were definitely rats down there, too.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your interns better.

You need thick skin

I worked at Cynthia Rowley

ProsSamples are made in-house, and it is very creatively based. You get to work next to the Cynthia in the design room. If you work really late hours, they will pay for taxi rides home, and sometimes provide dinner.

ConsThere is one major employee (very permanent) who verbally abuses interns and some other employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf there are problems, maybe consider more constructive ways to give orders or suggestions. Better communication skills need to be used. Interns are there to help and learn the industry, so there needs to be more of an effort to teach interns, not just order them around

What a nasty bunch of women!!!!

I worked at Cynthia Rowley

Pros~Great experience, learn a lot
~Cute clothes
~Building smells amazing 24/7
~Sophie who works in the store is very nice and helpful

Cons~Nasty women
~Very fastpaced
~Incompetent PR and sales depts

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is one woman who works in sales who is the most unpleasant woman I have ever met. I laughed because someone else on this website has already mentioned her, glad I am not the only one! The people at CR (with exceptions) are truly some of the rudest, meanest, and cruel people I have ever had the experience of working with. This can become very upsetting at times, but teaches you to grow a thick skin.

Worked for Cynthia Rowley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cynthia Rowley reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cynthia Rowley CEO Peter Arnold. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Cynthia Rowley employees.