Cypress-Fairbanks ISD

Mark Henry

had a good experience

Former Employee - Lifeguard  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Lifeguard in Houston, TX

I worked at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD part-time for more than a year

Pros

it was pretty easy and good hours

Cons

only could work weekends about once a month

Great Palce to work!

Former Employee - Paraprofessional  in  Cypress, TX
    Former Employee - Paraprofessional in Cypress, TX

I worked at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD full-time for more than a year

Pros

benfits are good, compensation is not what you expect knowing you are doing part of teachers job.

Cons

training is very good, support in anyway you needed is provided.

Needs to give the opportunity for the support staff to growth within the campus that way good employees won't move to another campus.

Education administration

Current Employee - Administration  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Administration in Houston, TX

I have been working at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Advancement potential & genuine enthusiasm for students and learning. Leader in educational practices, open to new concepts yet not fickle about grabbing every new trend.

Cons

Its a very large district, so it take persistence to implement change. A little too much 'top-down' management approach.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great District to work for!

Current Employee - Teacher  in  Cypress, TX
    Current Employee - Teacher in Cypress, TX

I have been working at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working in the district is a great experience. My administration and co-workers were excellent. The district takes care of you with your curriculum and having this job with a family is a perfect fit.

Cons

Work-life balance can be challenging at some points in the year. Papers to grade, grades to enter and preparing for the next day can be tough in your first year or two, but it gets easier.

I'm in the curriculum department

Current Employee - Curriculum Coach  in  Cypress, TX
    Current Employee - Curriculum Coach in Cypress, TX

I have been working at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are opportunities to explore the best practices and have them implemented in the classroom with students. Ideas are always welcomed, but you need to back them up with research and expected outcomes.

Cons

The challenge in CFISD is time management. There is definitely not enough time to get work completed, especially when you have such high expectations.

Recognize the time it takes to turn out quality products.

Review

I have been working at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD

Pros

Great place to work for teachers

Cons

no cons that i can think of

High school teacher

Former Employee - Teacher, Secondary School  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Teacher, Secondary School in Houston, TX

I worked at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great technology resources, although not updated as often as they should be. Colleagues were extremely helpful and supportive. Opportunities to meet with teachers from other campuses. Campus administration varies based on personalities.

Cons

No stipend or compensation of any kind for sponsoring academic UIL activities or attending UIL competitions, despite the outside time commitment involved. The former superintendent (David Anthony) communicated weekly with all district employees, so I felt like I had a good sense of the district's priorities and the leader as a person. The current superintendent (Mark Henry) sends monthly messages to staff and they don't seem as informative. New initiatives aren't given enough time to take root and develop into something successful before changing them and moving on to the next thing. (An issue in education that is not unique to CFISD.)

Reach out to teachers more for input (and not just the those who are cherry-picked by the administration). UIL is not just about sports. Invest in UIL academic teams and their coaches.

Great first teaching job

Former Employee - Choir Director  in  Cypress, TX
    Former Employee - Choir Director in Cypress, TX

I worked at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The amazing colleagues of teachers, administrators and staff really made you feel at home. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming--it felt like I belonged to a real community. Such a large district allows for a large number of resources.

Cons

Depending on where you were and what you were doing, the facilities might be older, although they were working to improve this. Sometimes paperwork was slow due to the sheer size of the district.

A good district.

Former Employee - Teacher  in  Katy, TX
    Former Employee - Teacher in Katy, TX

I worked at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD full-time

Pros

The principal I worked for was very supportive of our creativity in education. Also, they hire a lot of new teachers which sounds like a bad thing, but in reality I've noticed that newer teachers are more open to new ideas. Most of the students are hardworking and respectful (compared to the district I work at currently). Also, because the subject teams are fairly large (mine was 9 teachers) the work load is spread out a little better which results in a better work/life balance.

Cons

Sometimes the district sends coaches that take on the role of micromanaging the teams. I found these constraints unproductive and hostile at times.

For the most part, I think Cy-Fair is a great district. I should have never left because the learning environment is a lot more positive.

It was filled with excitement, professionalism and a very gratifying place to work.

Former Employee - Teacher  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Teacher in Houston, TX

I worked at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best reason to work here is that company stands for integrity and offers the option for career advancement.

Cons

Work was often taken home to meet deadlines that could not be completed during the work day.

Management may need to make sure training is extensive enough so that a new emplyee can successfully complete the job assignment with ease.

Worked for Cypress-Fairbanks ISD? Contribute to the Community!