Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital

Updated Feb 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Worked as a team.

Medical Secretary (Former Employee)

ProsEveryone worked as a team and most were considered part of family.

ConsSome of directors were not supportive of employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees ,they have a lot more experience than a lot of directors coming in. They have good points and can save department downfalls.

Ok, but could have used a bit more organization

Unit Secretary (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFor my position, working weekends only really worked out for me. The nature of the work was pretty straight forward.

ConsThey had me working two units at a time when the census was up. Having to walk back and forth for needy nurses, was a little more than stressful at times. You could have stayed at one unit for a whole hour and the minute that you left to go to the other unit, they would conveniently need you again.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a back up for high season.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsClose to home, smaller community hospital, good clientel

ConsOlder building, higher staff to patient ratios, foreign doctors

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are not as replaceable as management. Hospitals can function fine without managers however, they cannot stay open one minute without nurses! Value your nursing staff!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

positive & self rewarding in my abilities to communicate with patients.

Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsOpportunity allows growth development, teaching opportunities, and Patient interaction for easier transition through their appointments.

ConsCommunication goals regarding job expectancy, and opportunity for advancement could be better defined.

Advice to Senior ManagementPleas provide for better communication & job expectancies while on the job.

A Can't Do Culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsLow pressure to overachieve
    Great benefits

ConsPoor teamwork
    Many employees shirk new work
    Poor management support

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on what employees report regarding issues, and be responsible in addressing them.

Good people, unfair wages and discrimination.

ProsThere are a lot of good, friendly, hard working people. Manager very lienant for time off requests as long as they are pre-scheduled.

ConsMerit raises always getting postponed, only make $2 more per hour since starting 10 years ago. Secret pay scale HR refers to but won't share supposedly has me making more than I would if I just started with all my experience.

Management needs to learn how to speak to their employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent pay and benefits. Convient location at the time.

ConsVery rude management who shows lack of compassion or concern for their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe educating yourselves on how to increase management skills and dealing with employees would help.

Worked for Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center Hospital? Contribute to the Community!