D'Angelo Grilled Sandwiches

Be The First To
Add Photos

Good Company

Crew Member (Former Employee) Providence, RI

ProsValue their employees. One weekend day off.

ConsThe hours were too long

Advice to Senior ManagementMore support

Take a good long look at the DMs

General Manager (Former Employee) Nashua, NH

ProsYou won't be down-sized. If you have a pulse you are qualified.

ConsLong hours, low pay, lack of recognition. This company puts your health in danger by failing to properly maintain refrigeration equipment. Please believe me, I spent six years at this company. If refrigeration goes down and you throw the food out (against the advice of some executives) you will not bonus for the entire year. Computer system crashed OFTEN! Turn-over is so high I literally saw teenagers running stores. Management is asked to do everything including landscaping, painting and building repairs. Company does not train managers to properly clean and care for equipment like soda fountains and ice machines which grow mold. They also have dramatically reduced the quality of the ingredients over the years while increasing prices and decreasing wages.

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst look at DMs. My DM was a complete jerk. He managed to change a 75% female management staff to 33% in less than two years without raising red flags. I never had really thought about gender mix in the workplace before this company. Next- maintain your facilities. Saving a few hundred bucks isn't worth risking people getting sick...ever. I walked into stores that could have made Kitchen Nightmares. The six years I worked there I was expected to schedule using Excel. I was also expected to monitor guest surveys daily online. I was expected to do monthly reports and communicate through email. Guess what? NO COMPUTERS!!! This company does not even give managers a word processor. That came out of our pockets. No reimbursement, no joke. My DM used intimidation to make sure we all complied with this. Yup work 50-60hrs a week for less than 38K and pay for your own laptop or work at home, or you don't have a place on the team. Oh well, I don't think anything I say can do more damage to this company than it is going to do to itself! lol

Great place to work

Driver (Current Employee) Worcester, MA

ProsGreat staff, good product. Flexible schedules.
    Decent pay.

ConsCompetition is fierce in the sandwich industrey

Advice to Senior ManagementMore open lines of communication

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This is a very chaotic and disorganized, yet demanding place to work for minimum wage.

Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsThe products are of good quality, the stores are clean, and for the most part, the company will not tolerate unethical practices.

ConsThere is little, if any, opportunity for advancement. Because D'Angelo's will hire just about anyone, they treat their employees as if they are a dime-a-dozen: the pay is poor, the hours are long, but the expectations remain unrealistically high.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn my ten years with the company, I have worked under the supervision of 19 GMs. Do the math and that averages out to the leader lasting no more than six months. The high turnover rate in staff is a reflection on the poor working conditions and low morale.

Worked for D'Angelo Grilled Sandwiches? Contribute to the Community!