D&B

D&B Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

D&B President & CEO Robert Carrigan

Robert Carrigan

Pros:
  • "Smart and collaborative people trying to do the right thing, decent work life balance"
    in 20 reviews
  • "D&B had one of best work life balances which I have experienced in my career :)"
    in 17 reviews
Cons:
  • "Because D&B is a huge company, implementing ideas or change can be difficult"
    in 22 reviews
  • "Senior management and the sales force are stuck in an endless cycle of forecasting"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

D&B

I have been working at D&B

ProsProfessional environment with dedicated workforce.
Teams work together to get results with accountability
Bonus and commissions paid according to performance

ConsTime off is difficult to take as workload is heavy and consistant.
Leadership changes frequently and can be problematic for weekly reporting changes.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep the above and beyond quotas attainable throughout the year which will encourage all sales members to keep momentum going for the entire year.

Great place to work

Relationship Manager (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at D&B

ProsGreat benefits; open door policy for feedback between manager and employee- happens quarterly; great product to sell; very professional and uncapped commissions

Consi can't think of too many; the only one that stands out is that they consistently make you take tests to apply your learning; this is a good thing but gets a little old

Advice to Senior Managementkeep hiring wonderful people; i love the 360' feedback model and always think i was heard; wish i hadn't left

Overall, a very good company to work for with a lot of great people around.

Group Leader Finance (Former Employee)
Short Hills, NJ

I worked at D&B

ProsContinuous focus on leadership. The leadership walks the talks and does a very good job coaching and developing talent. One of the few companies I have worked for that really puts a lot of effort behind building their culture.

ConsCompensation package could be stronger, both their health care and equity plans need improvement. Need more focus on providing more equitiy to the very strong performers in the company. I have seen many very good leaders leave the business and believe that some of this attrition could be avoided if D&B had more hooks. The base salary and bonus are competitive but the equity side is where work is needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Good company, products and co-workers on the west coast. Need innovation, integration & realistic sales expectations.

Principal Consultant (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at D&B

ProsGreat brand, loyal customers, good legacy products and good co-workers.

ConsSlow to build innovative products. Too long to integrate acquisitions. Growth expectations for sales are unrealistic.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore realistic growth targets. Reward reps for multi-year growth. Integrate all products. Reach out to the field for product improvements. Be innovator not reactor.

A great place to work

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
Short Hills, NJ

I have been working at D&B

ProsThe people are great. Good teamwork

ConsToo many lay-offs. Very focussed on present at the expense of he future

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course

Sales Executive Review

S&MS Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at D&B full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat stable company, good salary and pay compensation, great place to work if you have been within a Fortune 500 company.

ConsNo work life balance, care more about the numbers to the street than the employees. Lots of competition in this industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe practice of moving accounts around where one sales person takes quota of what has been sold by another sales person is terrible in retaining talent.

Overall a good company with some challenges

Sales and Marketing Specialist (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at D&B full-time for more than 3 years

ProsD&B tries to do its best with providing the necessary support and tries to listen to its employees for constant feedback. Sales culture has many opportunities for improvement, but overall compared to many other companies, it still stands above the rest when it comes to how they treat sales people within the Fortune 500 sector.

ConsTime off is good with 3 weeks vacation first full year. Growth options are good along with excellent training.

Advice to Senior ManagementPush down the walls of the organization to make it easier to sell. Internal administrative processes and work flow need to be greatly improved to ensure that sales people are not overwhelmed doing only post customer support and administrative type work.

Great opportunity and earnings potential, supportive management, typical stress in sales role.

Sales (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at D&B full-time

ProsBest in class company and products, good mix of teamwork and personal autonomy, leadership is quality with mix of management styles, uncapped earnings if you commit to best practices and focus on activity, ability to help companies with consultative approach.

ConsSome micromanagement, as with any sales role, metrics are biggest focus, hard to move into new positions, base salary is lower than other similar jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider creating an environment with more potential for movement and opportunity throughout departments. By evaluating individual performance, work ethic and strengths, talent would be uncovered.

Job was AMAZING, then slowly declined

NCAT Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Tucson, AZ

I worked at D&B full-time for more than a year

ProsPay, decent salary, outstanding commission, bonus and spliffs.

ConsSlow and steady decline of commission and bonus structure.

Good challenge if you want to take it on

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at D&B full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat people, good HR department.Very good work lifebalance.Fun team night outs . management will give you extra responsibility if you ask for it.

ConsSmall office in Dublin which results in limited amount of job opportunities.Salary in some areas below industry standard.

Worked for D&B? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at D&B reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for D&B CEO Robert Carrigan. All 200 reviews posted anonymously by D&B employees.