D&B

D&B Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2014

D&B President & CEO Robert Carrigan

Robert Carrigan

Pros:
  • "There is a great work life balance"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Customer's view of D&B is changing thanks to a new philosophy"
    in 15 reviews
Cons:
  • "Because D&B is a huge company, implementing ideas or change can be difficult"
    in 22 reviews
  • "Senior management and the sales force are stuck in an endless cycle of forecasting"
    in 13 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Meat Grinder

New Account Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee)
Greensboro, NC

I worked at D&B full-time for less than a year

Prosmost of the office personal was nice, I enjoyed my co-workers and direct supervisor

Consit is an awful inside sales job. The hand you recycled leads and complain when you cannot turn them into new sales. Most of the work is cold calling people who did not know their company had a business credit report then you over charge them for access to it.

Advice to Senior Managementstop with the bad leads to the smile and dial factory floor. The training is awful, support non-existent, and yet it was presented, daily, as if it was the best thing since sliced bread

Management is SHADY!

Chicago, IL

I worked at D&B full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSalary was "ok", Benefits were "ok"

ConsManagement will lie to you...do as I say not as I do.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe accountable and don't throw your staff under the bus to save your own hide.

Long career lost due to bad quarter - it was my turn

I worked at D&B full-time

ProsBenefits and salary while you can get them

ConsWhen they have a bad quarter, which happens often lately, they fire many people and have done it for many years.

Credit Advisor

Credit Advisor (Current Employee)
Tucson, AZ

I have been working at D&B full-time for more than 8 years

ProsYou can piggy back on a Reputable companies name.

ConsToxic work environment. The new company objective is to grow as quickly as possible and jump ship like the past 10 companies they built and sold. Left in the wake of this are people who dedicated their lively hood to genuinely helping companies with day to day issues that involve their history and credit. Most of all their reputations. Products do not work anymore and sadly the revolving door creates more problems for customers becuase reps don't know what they are doing. Once educated individuals were employed. Now, all are accepted as it is a typical $10.00 an hour call center!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the power crazy, young, scared to voice there real opions type and replace with those who have a spine.

Horrible

QA Analyst (Former Employee)
Bethlehem, PA

I worked at D&B full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWork from Home. I can't think a whole lot that was benefitted from this position besides it being a Gapstop.

ConsLack of growth and management is terrible. Demostrated incompetence and apathy of leadership, from the program manager to the client services - account director on down to the training director.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop focusing on short term goals and learn what your competitors are doing right. I think this company is a sinking ship

Out of Touch

Austin, TX

I worked at D&B full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe benefits are fair. Some of the people are nice and know the job.

ConsUpper management is out of touch and knows nothing about the business. They purchased the company for profit only and do not care about how it is obtained...

Advice to Senior ManagementReview the current practices of all the sales people and a Performance Improvement Plan in place. Reward your customer service team with better salaries or better incentives since they interact with the customer the most.

worst place to work - this is specially for D&B india office - new delhi location

I worked at D&B

Proscant think of any good things that exist here

Consspace is less to write them all -
- top management - head sales / director sales are ignorant and dont have any knowledge about business intelligence what so ever
- employees are treated like retail street sales people
- no place for recognition
- policies are non existent

Advice to Senior Managementchange the top management and review what is being followed as a practice in Delhi office - highly unethical and unprofessional

2 words - 1. Sinking 2. Ship

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at D&B full-time for more than 8 years

Prosnot many these days - some good people left, amazingly

ConsIt is truly sad to see a once great company floundering and sinking fast. Failure to innovate and put the customers first has been the downfall.

Advice to Senior Managementdont allow leaks in the future such as seeking a buyer for the business - only further lowers morale

Don't walk, RUN away from working here

Credit Advisor (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at D&B full-time for less than a year

ProsGood training and nice people to work with

ConsTo put it kindly, they did not tell the truth about what the sales reps are actually making and that all the leads are "warm leads". I'm sorry, but if you call on a potential customer and they have no idea who you are and have never heard of your company I would not call that a warm lead. After 2 1/2 months only 5 of the 25 sales reps were still at the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell the truth in the interview process

The worst job I have ever had.

Inside Sales (Former Employee)
Greensboro, NC

I worked at D&B full-time for more than a year

ProsGood Benefits thats it!! There are no other pros. There was one kind manager.

ConsBad Management , Craziest place I have ever worked, They have created a environment of paranoia
Don't walk away from this place run!!! My last day was one of the happiest days of my life. Way too many leaders and managers. Train you to bully people into buying their service,

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees!!! Treat People with respect instead of like cows for slaughter . Stop bullying your employees and your customers

Worked for D&B? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at D&B reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for D&B CEO Robert Carrigan. All 200 reviews posted anonymously by D&B employees.