D&B

D&B Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

D&B President & CEO Robert Carrigan

Robert Carrigan

Pros
  • Smart and collaborative people trying to do the right thing, decent work life balance(in 21 reviews)

• D&B had one of best work life balances which I have experienced in my career :)(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Because D&B is a huge company, implementing ideas or change can be difficult(in 23 reviews)

• Senior management too focused on reaching their numbers(in 15 reviews)

Good company, good products and services, no work/life

Sales (Current Employee)

Prosgood products and comp plan

Consnever ending shuffle in the c-suite

Biz that's trapped in the past

ProsNot many - work from home so you don't have to deal with incompetent supervisors

ConsClearly upper management has no understanding of modern work environments or how to innovate. Too busy fixing what's broken instead of building better.

Advice to Senior ManagementRun for the gates

Great opportunity and earnings potential, supportive management, typical stress in sales role.

Sales (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsBest in class company and products, good mix of teamwork and personal autonomy, leadership is quality with mix of management styles, uncapped earnings if you commit to best practices and focus on activity, ability to help companies with consultative approach.

ConsSome micromanagement, as with any sales role, metrics are biggest focus, hard to move into new positions, base salary is lower than other similar jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider creating an environment with more potential for movement and opportunity throughout departments. By evaluating individual performance, work ethic and strengths, talent would be uncovered.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Improving but long road ahead

Senior Product Director (Current Employee)

ProsWork-life balance, really nice and well-intentioned people, decent pay and benefits. The new CEO, Bob Carrigan, is great and you can already see a seismic shift in the approach to a lot of things. He's done away with much of the hierarchy that has plagued the company for years.

ConsWe are in transition between the old world and the new. Unfortunately, we need to contend with a lot of old baggage that continues to drag things down. That all said, I'm hopeful that things will continue to improve.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep fighting the good fight and don't give in to quarterly street pressures.

Job was AMAZING, then slowly declined

NCAT Sales Associate (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsPay, decent salary, outstanding commission, bonus and spliffs.

ConsSlow and steady decline of commission and bonus structure.

On the way to extinction

Senior Project Director (Former Employee) Short Hills, NJ

ProsSmart and collaborative people trying to do the right thing, decent work life balance

ConsWeak management with no real vision and strategy replaced by yearly layoff programs masked as efficiency program. Constant change in top management

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a consistent strategy and approach, develop a consultative approach versus selling software

Worst place ever

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou get subsidized cafeteria food

ConsIt will be the biggest career mistake you make

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit counting your stock options and do something of value

Too many changes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay, flexibility, work life balance

ConsDifficult to learn, management is constantly changing and turning over

D&B is a good company overall. There is advancement opportunities available.

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThere is a great work life balance.

ConsLimited income potential. As a sales rep, I want the ability to write my own paycheck. While the income is good, it is not great. Because D&B is a huge company, implementing ideas or change can be difficult. Recent comp plan change was for the worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile you are good at receiving feedback from employees, implementing it is another story. We are on the front lines, listen to us!!

An excellent Project team experience. It was the best organized & managed PMO I have ever experienced.

Project Manager (Former Employee) Short Hills, NJ

ProsClearly stated goals and mission statement.

ConsProjects need to keep focused on critical objectives and less influenced by short term politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should emulate the connection that Sara Mathew had with the rank and file employees.

Worked for D&B? Contribute to the Community!