D&B

D&B Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014

D&B President & CEO Robert Carrigan

Robert Carrigan

Pros:
  • "Smart and collaborative people trying to do the right thing, decent work life balance"
    in 21 reviews
  • "D&B had one of best work life balances which I have experienced in my career :)"
    in 18 reviews
Cons:
  • "Because D&B is a huge company, implementing ideas or change can be difficult"
    in 23 reviews
  • "Senior management too focused on reaching their numbers"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Big Mistake!

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
    Short Hills, NJ

ProsYou get to work for a well-recognized name. HQ is near the Short Hills Mall so it makes Christmas shopping a little easier. It's probably a good place to go if you have a cog-like job and you're 3-5 years away from retirement. I don't think there's anyone there past 5:00, so you definitely get home in time for dinner.

Cons-- Soooo many layers to get ANYTHING done. You need approval after approval and meeting after meeting just to get something that should take 10 minutes done.
    -- I was warned when I was hired that they have an annual re-org. They weren't kidding. It's like clockwork.
    -- I was there for 1 year and had 4 different managers, the only one that was somewhat qualified left the company.
    -- The atmosphere in Short Hills is like a morgue. It makes the Office Space office look like Mardis Gras!
    -- ZERO energy or excitement about the products, customers, mobility, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know data is essentially boring, but you really need to pay attention to just how depressing it is in your company. You also need to really look into your management layer as most of them have no idea what they are doing and are doing jobs for which they have no previous qualifications (e.g., Finance people doing Marketing, Sales people doing Operations, etc.).

Good team members, lack of vision, need management to be better planners

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people who care about one another

ConsDysfunctional, lack of vision, firedrill culture

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people with respect, and be professional. Swearing at team members and humiliating will not help engagement scores.

Career Opportunities

ProsRapid career opportunities with a work environment you want to be at each day.

ConsSalary growth is based on an internal rule set that is not conducive to career growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeeping the best of the best...salaries should be in line with Market Value!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company with Great People

ProsSo many talented, brilliant, nice people.

ConsWork life balance can be challenging at times.

D&B is the best in their line of business

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat pay, work life balance. Talanted group

ConsRoles are not always clearly defined

Excellent, organized and well run.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery well defined Project Scope and an exceptionally well run PMO.

ConsOrganizational re-alignment and shuffling of reporting structure

Advice to Senior ManagementClearly define the vision and drive towards it meticulously.

D&B Review

Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Center Valley, PA

ProsGood people to work with

Conscompensation has changed over the years and less opp to make money

Once great company with an unclear future

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosovert and consistent corporate culture. Everyone understands the rules of the road. My department had management dedicated to the success and advancement of its members. We had frequent access to senior leaders and they knew us by name, which is more than I expected in a big public company.

ConsFrequent technology issues damage the reputation of D&B's products, and the sale to D&B Credibility Corp chained D&B to a company with some reputation issues of its own.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold senior leaders more accountable. Too many instances of senior people failing up through the organization instead of being managed out.
    Ride the big data wave, but look out for Google and freely available alternatives on the web.

What a Mistake

(Former Employee)

ProsSalary and benefits is the only way they keep disgruntled employees from leaving.

ConsVery political and filtered layers of management from bottom to top. Bottom is always to blame when things go wrong and no accountability by management for poor handling of projects. Much of the outsourcing goes way over time and budget, constantly leaving management to cost cut on internal employees so they can reap a bonus at year end. Total lack of strategic focus and mainly fending off competitors. A lot of older employees are clearly discouraged and have basically given up on trying, leading to a horrible, curmudgeonly, backwards-thinking culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your head out of the clouds and get rid of the old guard

Caught in between the old and the new

Product Manager (Current Employee)
    Short Hills, NJ

ProsGreat people and family culture, minus a few that come from past job bad cultures and chose to bring that here. So much potential of what it could be and mean to the future of businesses

ConsTo many senior people at the very top that have not clue how to move us forward. Too many people who think we are a software business and not a data services. All that money and not one purchase of a technology startup to get in the social B2B and analytics game.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell the new CEO to evaluate and reinvent the company like he did at his last job. Get rid of the people who don't have the stomach for re-invention and invest in those who do.

Worked for D&B? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at D&B reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for D&B CEO Robert Carrigan. All 215 reviews posted anonymously by D&B employees.