D&B

D&B Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

D&B President & CEO Robert Carrigan

Robert Carrigan

Pros
  • Smart and collaborative people trying to do the right thing, decent work life balance(in 21 reviews)

• D&B had one of best work life balances which I have experienced in my career :)(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Because D&B is a huge company, implementing ideas or change can be difficult(in 23 reviews)

• Senior management too focused on reaching their numbers(in 15 reviews)

Positive

Senior Customer Consultant (Current Employee) Center Valley, PA

ProsBenefits and pay are good.

ConsSenior management is struggling with direction of company,

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of your own way.

Traditional corporate, focus on cost efficiencies

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Short Hills, NJ

ProsFamily atmosphere, dedicated employees, commitment to transform the business, passionate leaders at market and function level, underpenetrated in the marketplace

ConsContinual reengineering puts employees always at unease during the annual cycle. Benefits are below market averages and at the moment the future leadership is unclear.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow some continuity so employees can focus on the current strategy

Experience, work Culture anfd Office Atmosphere

ProsExperience, work Culture anfd Office Atmosphere is good

Consnothing to specific as such

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern

Intern (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsWill be exposed to various departments and learn about the business structure of the company

ConsFresh graduates will have a harder time in choosing the department you prefer.

Excellent for starting your career

Analyst (Former Employee) New Delhi (India)

Proslearning,aspect is very good,It a good to start organisation,The co-workers are intelligent so it will add to learning.Its a competitive organisation

ConsThe workload is often high,office politics,Working on multiple projects can be hard but is required.No cab to office.Slow interview process

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise Salaries in response to work

Great place to work

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Short Hills, NJ

ProsD&B has a great work/life balance

ConsNot a lot of opportunity for growth

A decent place to work

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Short Hills, NJ

ProsThe atmosphere at D&B is friendly. Upper management is slowly coming to understand that the current business model cannot be sustained long-term.

ConsThe upper management has be slow to truly embrace the "new economy" where data is a commodity. Most groups do not encourage innovation. The funding model is inflexible.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop worrying about placating the shareholders short-term to protect the stock price.

Great place to work overall.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsExcellent work/life balance. Benefits are good; including vacation and health. Flexible hours are sometimes permitted, depending on the position.

ConsBelow market average for salary which is not always compensated for with bonus.

Easy normal workload and chilled out environment.

Debt Collector (Former Employee) Melbourne (Australia)

ProsFlexible working hours, no physical load, friendly environment, good start for career in finance.

ConsFormal wear, at times stressful environment, not many higher opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to have permanent team leaders.

Sales Organization Challenges

Risk Management Specialist (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsD&B is a very solid company, with a great reputation, and a significant number of long-term, smart employees. Their data and processes for aggregation and maintenance are very good.

ConsD&B has undergone strategic changes to their sales organizational structure, which has limited the number of accounts for sales reps, as well as, limited their reach specific to product use. This, in turn, culminated in sales reps competing for dollars and prioritization within the same organization which became chaotic and bad for morale. Sales team resources have also been taken away and the rep is fully accountable for the sale process, administration, implementation, and continued relationship nurturing and validation of ROI.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorking with global businesses is a challenge with no current solution due to the international data agreements and lack of consistent international solution. In addition, new training options (virtual and instructor-led) are necessary to assist with customer adoption; consulting hours should be mandatory in all contracts. Best practices could be better shared across the sales teams.

Worked for D&B? Contribute to the Community!