D&B

D&B Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

D&B President & CEO Robert Carrigan

Robert Carrigan

Pros
  • Smart and collaborative people trying to do the right thing, decent work life balance(in 23 reviews)

• D&B had one of best work life balances which I have experienced in my career :)(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Because D&B is a huge company, implementing ideas or change can be difficult(in 24 reviews)

• Senior management too focused on reaching their numbers(in 15 reviews)

Excellent company, great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly colleagues, interesting work, motivating atmosphere, good benefits. New CEO is energizing and exciting. Has been a great company for years and seems to be improving. I learned a lot here and found it a very positive experience overall.

ConsLike any corporate place, has its Dilbert moments but overall it's a good place to work and treats employees well. It is undergoing change and that can always create a "wait and see" vibe but all signs seem good.

Good Learning Experience, Stale Future Strategy

Intern (Former Employee) Short Hills, NJ

ProsFriendly employees, very much so 9-5 with some exceptions, interesting work. Pretty good comps.

ConsNo young staff = no innovation in thought or processes. They are trying to improve the brand which will take time, but their products and offerings need to be refreshed, not just the logo alone.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in the future - need better talent, need to be on the cutting edge of data analytics.

Great company with great benefits & good culture

Risk Management Specialist (Current Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsGreat leadership team and continuing to improve. World class innovation and industry leading information and insight. The best in the business.

ConsNo local office in many locations. While there are lots of benefits to being a home worker, thee are drawbacks as well. Travel can get tiresome after months of the routine.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep innovating. Do not become complacent or accept the status quo.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for. To them you are not just a "number'. You are respected and valued.

Credit Advisor (Former Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsGreat pay, positive environment, great benefits.

ConsA little stressful at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's really nothing that they can improve upon.

The Small Business segment is getting hammered

Relationship Manager (Current Employee) Center Valley, PA

ProsGood people. Good work life balance. New CEO who wants to take the company in the right direction

ConsNo new innovation and years of over charging customers is now coming back to bite the company. Data is more easily attainable no. D&B is not the only player on the block but charges like they are. Pricing of the products is a huge issue.
    They are like a big ship that sees the iceberg ahead but does not know how to turn. They are trying to turn now but are already feeling glancing blows. Quota is hard/next to impossible to obtain since customer constantly drop for much lower prices. No real innovation to replace.. Sales reps just move from dept to dept to avoid getting laid off.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood luck.... Lower pricing to start competing and loss revenue or continue on the same downward trend

Great people. No loyalty to long time employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with. Good benefits. Friendly working atmosphere. Excellent vacation and time off.

Consno room for advancement. Too many cuts over the years.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo managers who take over a new group due to realignment, listen to the advice the group is telling you and also learn more about how that group works.

Former Employee Loved Time at D&B

Vice President (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsAssociate/employee friendly. Good feedback and evaluation tools. Training was

ConsOn-going senior management vision, was a problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementOutsourcing ... did it really work?

Excellent Corporate Environment, Slow Growth

Data & Operations Analyst (Former Employee) Short Hills, NJ

ProsAwesome environment, and the freedom to move around and take on great challenges early on. Salary was great, and the workload was not overbearing.

ConsThe company is not growing vs. competitors. Additionally, a poor management structure can makes things difficult to get accomplished.

great job

Project Director (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

Proseverything. I liked everything abut this company. its very flexible.

ConsI dont have any cons. This was a great place.none

Advice to Senior Managementgreat job

Excellent Experience

Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Short Hills, NJ

ProsThere were Excellent growth opportunities.

ConsThere were a lot of Management Changes during my time there.

Advice to Senior ManagementList

Worked for D&B? Contribute to the Community!