D&B

D&B Reviews

Updated Apr 12, 2014

D&B President & CEO Robert Carrigan

Robert Carrigan

Pros:
  • "There is a great work life balance"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Customer's view of D&B is changing thanks to a new philosophy"
    in 15 reviews
Cons:
  • "Because D&B is a huge company, implementing ideas or change can be difficult"
    in 22 reviews
  • "Senior management and the sales force are stuck in an endless cycle of forecasting"
    in 13 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Overall a good company with some challenges

Sales and Marketing Specialist (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at D&B full-time for more than 3 years

ProsD&B tries to do its best with providing the necessary support and tries to listen to its employees for constant feedback. Sales culture has many opportunities for improvement, but overall compared to many other companies, it still stands above the rest when it comes to how they treat sales people within the Fortune 500 sector.

ConsTime off is good with 3 weeks vacation first full year. Growth options are good along with excellent training.

Advice to Senior ManagementPush down the walls of the organization to make it easier to sell. Internal administrative processes and work flow need to be greatly improved to ensure that sales people are not overwhelmed doing only post customer support and administrative type work.

Sales Executive Review

S&MS Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at D&B full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat stable company, good salary and pay compensation, great place to work if you have been within a Fortune 500 company.

ConsNo work life balance, care more about the numbers to the street than the employees. Lots of competition in this industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe practice of moving accounts around where one sales person takes quota of what has been sold by another sales person is terrible in retaining talent.

Project Manager/Business Analyst

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Short Hills, NJ

I have been working at D&B full-time for more than a year

ProsExtremely friendly people, awesome culture, very kind and polite people, willing to work with you, train and guide you and ensure that you succeed while the company. Food in cafe is provided at a subsidized rate which is the best thing. I really enjoy working a lot here. So much learning to do...

ConsNew budget is provided every 3 months, so you never really know what's coming up next in your job status. but apart from this there could me more, but I am not yet exposed to it.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease promote new talent and new people.

Competitive work environment

QA Analyst (Former Employee)
Parsippany, NJ

I worked at D&B full-time for more than a year

ProsIntelligent employees, quiet work environment, always work to do. Multiple consultant companies = pushes employees to do better work. This is clear because most workers take their job seriously.

ConsPersonal growth, disconnect between upper management and lower management causes less than perfect quality. Multiple consultant companies = high competition, sometimes counter productive.

Stop Worrying about the bottom-line

Senior Solutions Consultant (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at D&B full-time for more than a year

ProsGood work-life balance and brand name

ConsSenior management too focused on reaching their numbers

Good company, good products and services, no work/life

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at D&B full-time for more than 10 years

Prosgood products and comp plan

Consnever ending shuffle in the c-suite

Great opportunity and earnings potential, supportive management, typical stress in sales role.

Sales (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at D&B full-time

ProsBest in class company and products, good mix of teamwork and personal autonomy, leadership is quality with mix of management styles, uncapped earnings if you commit to best practices and focus on activity, ability to help companies with consultative approach.

ConsSome micromanagement, as with any sales role, metrics are biggest focus, hard to move into new positions, base salary is lower than other similar jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider creating an environment with more potential for movement and opportunity throughout departments. By evaluating individual performance, work ethic and strengths, talent would be uncovered.

Improving but long road ahead

Senior Product Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at D&B full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWork-life balance, really nice and well-intentioned people, decent pay and benefits. The new CEO, Bob Carrigan, is great and you can already see a seismic shift in the approach to a lot of things. He's done away with much of the hierarchy that has plagued the company for years.

ConsWe are in transition between the old world and the new. Unfortunately, we need to contend with a lot of old baggage that continues to drag things down. That all said, I'm hopeful that things will continue to improve.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep fighting the good fight and don't give in to quarterly street pressures.

Terrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at D&B

ProsIf you love being surrounded by unmotivated employees who have made a 10+ year job by coasting on doing nothing, this is your place.

ConsManagers offer no motivation to succeed, as they are constantly in fear you will outshine them and then they will be next on the chopping block. Most are back-stabbing, political twits who have accomplished nothing substantial in their career other than blocking others success.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit trying to act like anything gets done here and stop creating more fire drills. Return value to the shareholders and admit there is no more growth.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Job was AMAZING, then slowly declined

NCAT Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Tucson, AZ

I worked at D&B full-time for more than a year

ProsPay, decent salary, outstanding commission, bonus and spliffs.

ConsSlow and steady decline of commission and bonus structure.

Worked for D&B? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at D&B reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for D&B CEO Robert Carrigan. All 200 reviews posted anonymously by D&B employees.