D&B

www.dnb.com
Employer Engaged

Worst place ever

I worked at D&B full-time

Pros

You get subsidized cafeteria food

Cons

It will be the biggest career mistake you make

Quit counting your stock options and do something of value

On the way to extinction

Former Employee - Senior Project Director in Short Hills, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Project Director in Short Hills, NJ

I worked at D&B full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Smart and collaborative people trying to do the right thing, decent work life balance

Cons

Weak management with no real vision and strategy replaced by yearly layoff programs masked as efficiency program. Constant change in top management

Develop a consistent strategy and approach, develop a consultative approach versus selling software

Started off great, then the politics took over

Former Employee - Rather Not Say in Short Hills, NJ
    Former Employee - Rather Not Say in Short Hills, NJ

I worked at D&B full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good people in the austin office

Cons

Nothing gets done. Layer upon layer of approvals.

Get stuff done

DINOSAUR - Too Big Data to Fail

Current Employee - Sales Trainer in Center Valley, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Trainer in Center Valley, PA

I have been working at D&B full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Stronghold on the Risk Mgmt and Commercial Credit space, decent comprehensive major medical

Cons

Persnickety high-school culture,, Operational deficiencies, manual and antiquated internal process, legacy systems, disparate decentralized reporting, leadership is uninformed and inept, uses financial flexibility to justify turnover and expense cuts and the field says they can't demo the software because it runs slower than a 28K modem.

Bring in more leadership from the outside, MaxCV is just the first overbudget project if you want to be ready for IoT, we have to build automated SB SaaS models, Ops is broken, Pricing is a laughable mess and stop the insanity, a decade of failure in new commercial customer acquistion alone has led to turnover of 120+ pp, and might as well migrate DNBi and SRM to force.com, they are eating your lunch with DDC neway.

Big Mistake!

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Short Hills, NJ
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Short Hills, NJ

I worked at D&B full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You get to work for a well-recognized name. HQ is near the Short Hills Mall so it makes Christmas shopping a little easier. It's probably a good place to go if you have a cog-like job and you're 3-5 years away from retirement. I don't think there's anyone there past 5:00, so you definitely get home in time for dinner.

Cons

-- Soooo many layers to get ANYTHING done. You need approval after approval and meeting after meeting just to get something that should take 10 minutes done.
    -- I was warned when I was hired that they have an annual re-org. They weren't kidding. It's like clockwork.
    -- I was there for 1 year and had 4 different managers, the only one that was somewhat qualified left the company.
    -- The atmosphere in Short Hills is like a morgue. It makes the Office Space office look like Mardis Gras!
    -- ZERO energy or excitement about the products, customers, mobility, etc.

I know data is essentially boring, but you really need to pay attention to just how depressing it is in your company. You also need to really look into your management layer as most of them have no idea what they are doing and are doing jobs for which they have no previous qualifications (e.g., Finance people doing Marketing, Sales people doing Operations, etc.).

analyst

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I worked at D&B full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Join if you are looking for a stable 9-5 job with no promotion. Is a good place for those who cares nothing and just want to collect the pay.

Cons

Never come if you are an ambitious individual who wants to be an 'Analyst'. I promise they would disappoint you on the first day of work.

Hopeless.
    RIP.

Horrible work Environment, Can you say High School?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

I worked at D&B full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Reasonable Pay. Guaranteed to get paid on time. Other than the "ok" pay, there was nothing good to say about this place. I dreaded waking up in the morning and heading to this dungeon.

Cons

Nothing but gossip, meetings all day long with no outcome. People, from management down feed on gossip and don't do anything about the childish work environment. Surrounded by bullies who management are too afraid to reprimand. Management looked down on their staff as if they were peasants. They claim to be an equal opportunity employer but you can count the minority on one hand.

Take ownership on whats going on in your department. People are leaving the company left and right and it's because you aren't taking action. Act as a team and don't hand down your dirty work.

Micromanagement at Best

Former Employee - NCA Representative in Center Valley, PA
    Former Employee - NCA Representative in Center Valley, PA

I worked at D&B full-time (less than a year)

Pros

In Center Valley, there is a great cafeteria and nice buildings. The parking is also a plus. Coworkers are helpful. Some management is nice and qualified.

Cons

Micromanagement from Top-Down. Little advancement room. No separating work from personal life. Low Salary. There are underqualified managers. The D&B way is the only way to win. Every hour on the hour, you are measured by "Talk Time". Every hour on the hour, you are also measured by Sales Amount. D&B is about a quick sale, not customer satisfaction and retention. They are selling a product that is difficult to believe in even though they have extensive research backing them.

Your way doesn't always work best. Do not promote unqualified individuals. Accept that there is a separation between work and home life. Start honoring lunches, holidays, and an honest 8 hour work day.

Meat Grinder

Former Employee - New Account Acquisition Specialist in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - New Account Acquisition Specialist in Greensboro, NC

I worked at D&B full-time (less than a year)

Pros

most of the office personal was nice, I enjoyed my co-workers and direct supervisor

Cons

it is an awful inside sales job. The hand you recycled leads and complain when you cannot turn them into new sales. Most of the work is cold calling people who did not know their company had a business credit report then you over charge them for access to it.

stop with the bad leads to the smile and dial factory floor. The training is awful, support non-existent, and yet it was presented, daily, as if it was the best thing since sliced bread

Management is SHADY!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at D&B full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salary was "ok", Benefits were "ok"

Cons

Management will lie to you...do as I say not as I do.

Be accountable and don't throw your staff under the bus to save your own hide.