D&B

Great company

Former Employee - Product Director
    Former Employee - Product Director

I worked at D&B

Pros

Strong market position and great product line

Cons

Slow moving large organization

Streamline innovation, invest more in R&D

Marketing Manager

I have been working at D&B

Pros

Culture in changing - great benefits to come

Cons

Little upward mobility depending on role

A rewarding career.

I have been working at D&B

Pros

Good place to work in a teaming environment.

Cons

Advancement limited due to location.

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Product Management
    Current Employee - Product Management

I have been working at D&B full-time

Pros

Collegial, good life balance, nice people to work with, reasonable compensation

Cons

Tough place to work if you want action.

After decades of being run to push down costs, there are areas where millions of dollars are at risk, and a fix would be a tiny percentage of the revenues at risk. Management really needs to make these unglamorous but essential investments. As an employee, my greatest concern is not about compensation, or benefits, or a friendly atmosphere, but about concern that the company is investing adequately to ensure D&B will remain a going concern for more than the next few years. It's way too tough to get modest budget requests for things that will shore up businesses that serve key clients and make millions for the firm. That said, I think broadly Management is a good bunch - maybe with too much on your plate?
    Maybe it might make sense to have someone specific in senior management whose job is to look at the many unsexy but key businesses, and figure out how to shore them up from a decade of relentless resource cutting.

Good company...smart people

Current Employee - Senior Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at D&B full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

D&B has many long term employees who are very smart and good to work with. The culture is positive and the company values employees work life balance. Compensation and benefits are good.

Cons

D&B is very bureaucratic. If you can't tolerate a highly process and compliance driven culture it's not the company for you. As a sales rep it can be particularly challenging because the perception is that the company is not customer focused. Additionally D&B needs to accelerate the focus on developing products customers can consume today in the area of advanced analytics. New business development is a challenge.

D&B has a new C-level leadership team in almost every position. I think they will streamline internal processes because if they don't the company will be unable to grow. It is a "transformational" time at D&B. Much like other companies either we innovate, die (or get bought :).

Good place to work.

Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant

I worked at D&B full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good communication from management.
    High quality staff.

Cons

Small office in Israel which results in limited amount of job opportunities.
    Salary in some areas below industry standard.

Best place I have worked so far

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

I have been working at D&B full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We have a new and growing management. The company is small in the big picture, but with growing technology and a fresh, new strategy, D&B is definitely going places. Excellent salaries, good benefits, and reward for work well-done. The new CEO Bob Carrigan is really determined to make this one of the best places to work, and I can clearly see the changes taking effect. Everything from simple aesthetic changes to where our vision, strategy, and product lines are progressing, this company is really beginning to move with the times, modernize, grow, globalize, and become everything one would want in a company. It is definitely an exciting time to be here!

Cons

More work-life balance would be nice. More work-from-home opportunity would be helpful.

You are doing a wonderful job staying connected to your employees, keeping us informed of everything you are doing, and taking advice from each and every one of us. Keep it up, and I hope to see more wonderful things to come!

Change for better times?

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at D&B full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

* good base salary
    * opportunity to earn extra money
    * good leasecar allowance
    * working with topsegment customers
    * freedom of doing your work where and whenever you want

Cons

* customer is clearly not focus #1, rather internal political games & people profiling
    * freedom of work comes with a price: you need to manager work/live balance otherwise you'll work 20hrs a day or more
    * In Europe very country focused instead of cross regional, although it might change

So, the news CEO has chosen to change the way D&B acts in the market. Good to have finally a vision. However a US way of doing business might not work out as it should for Europe.

The change needs strong senior management execution. Clearly this is not the case in Europe, yet.

Put the customer first, unconditionally.
    Otherwise the customer puts D&B on second place...

Good starting area to learn and grow, then move on

Former Employee - Account Manager in Rotterdam (Netherlands)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

I worked at D&B full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent place to start out a career and develop your skillset. Work life balance is good, secondary benefits are also good. In sales, car allowance is excellent. Very tight knight and friendly colleagues.

Cons

Company not investing in creating differentiation of product: still sitting on high margin business and not accelerating past competition or truly innovating. Fear of change. Local office run by a clique who back themselves up towards senior international management. Not too many places to grow to. HR is very good though. Zero marketing investment.

Invest: in product, in marketing, in career progression. Weed out the politics.

Solid, stable company with history

I have been working at D&B

Pros

Good company that provides competitive salary and benefits, also generous bonuses. Company also provides lots of out of office interaction with colleagues (i.e. bowling, picnics, special events).

Cons

D&B offers a very complex product line, thus as a new employee it will take some time to get up to speed and comfortable in your role. Way too much micromanaging and not enough telecommuting options available.

Provide more comprehensive training of product line which allows new employees get up to speed much quicker and work independently. Also provide more telecommuting option as standard D&B company policy.