D&Y

Susie Brown
1 Rating

Growing Company Still Working Out the Kinks

I worked at D&Y

Pros

Small company so you make a difference, laid-back environment, lax dress code, incentives to drive production

Cons

Management has tunnel vision, compensation plan needs revamping, training is not structured

Management is too flat - add layers to free upper management from day-to-day responsibilities, invest in training coordinators who will train all new hires, embrace change

Positive work environment, very competitive

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at D&Y full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits, sales contests, positive environment, very strong company. Great for recent college grads and experienced sales people.

Cons

Competitive Sales Environment, Lots of pressure to succeed. Definitely not for someone that doesn't like to compete, meet goals, or do a lot of talking.

A company that has surpassed my expectations year after year......

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at D&Y

Pros

Strong performance-based comp program that has increased incentives and offerings each of the past 5 years while the economy has gone the opposite direction, continuous contests and recognition events, defined growth and development plans and positions that are occassionally developed specifically for an individual's skills and abilities, a thriving market, managers that care about the development of their employees!!!

Cons

It's hard work!!! You have to be able to sell over the phone and build virtual relationships - if you can't do that, it can be frustrating.

A total waste of my time.

Former Employee - Staffing Consultant in Huntsville, TX
    Former Employee - Staffing Consultant in Huntsville, TX

I worked at D&Y

Pros

the best reason to work at D&Y is the monthly meeting where they bring food and cake. And boy I miss that cake. Seriously thats about it working there. Steer clear of that place management is so scrammbled

Cons

Omg where do I start. You have managers who knows nothing about their job they ask their staffing consultants who are their inferiors how to do their job. Its alot of favoritism there. HR is like a programmed robot. I would advice anyone to steer clear of that place. Dont waste your time.

Really hire people with sufficent experience not just people that worked sales for rental car thats not really sales.!!! SMH . You need to regulate the staffing and sharing of doctors. I mean if you get someone to sign a non compete that means that they are not your doctors so inside staffing consultants should share doctors meaning growth for all consultants.

D&Y was an excellent employer with a good business plan

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I worked at D&Y

Pros

I have never worked for a company that values it's employees like D&Y. There were employee appreciation activities going on all the time. The atmosphere was fun and challenging - the goals set for the sales people ware very achievable. Normally 5-10 people on the sales team surpassed 100% of their goal expectation each month and made good money.

I was amazed at how well the sales team worked together and got along. In all the other sales jobs I've had with various companies, most of the sales people really only looked out for themselves and didn't care about how others in the office performed.

Oh, and there always seemed to be really good food either cooked or brought in for us. There were guys brought in to wash cars weekly, on site laundry service, listerine in the bathrooms, 3 different kinds of coffee served daily, company outings, etc..

Overall, a great working environment.

Cons

With any sales organization, there is a certain amount of stress that comes with the job. Sales is not for the weak of Heart. Unfortunately, there are some who consistently do not perform at the minimum level expected and often fail to accept responsibility for their own lack of performance. Normally those individuals blame the company or a manager, and ultimately make everyone else around them miserable with finger pointing and drama. During my 2+ years at D&Y, I rarely saw people leave during their first 90 days.

None

The absolutely worst corporate atmosphere I have ever worked in.

Former Employee - Physician Recruier in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Physician Recruier in Huntsville, AL

I worked at D&Y

Pros

Despite management, other employees are very nice and helpful. Office setting is pretty. Do offer great benefits and quarterly special events.

Cons

Company philosophy is that you are going to fail therefore, they set goals so that you do. One person in five last more than 90 days. Out of approximately 115 employees only a dozen have worked there more than 3 years, 2 dozen more than a year. Company began in 1989. Cameras, recorders and micro-management creates a very stressful working invironment. Setting a policy then not informing staff it has been changed until they are about to be fired. Not consistant across the board with employees. The jobs are telemarketing sales, even though they say it is not during interview.

Utilize proven business management solutions to employee problems. Believe in your employees and they will perform well on your behalf. Set policy, notify in writing and stick to the policy. Do not set up your employees for failure and punishment. Have fewer managers, less micro-management and believe in success of your employees.

No room to move or grow...

Former Employee - Account Executive in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Huntsville, AL

I worked at D&Y

Pros

The commission was good. That is all.

Cons

Poor management. Poor Communication. Lack of promotion ability.

Learn to respect your employees.

expansion project, tie inn point and shutdown is on going

Current Employee - Pipe Fitter in Batangas, Batangas City (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Pipe Fitter in Batangas, Batangas City (Philippines)

I have been working at D&Y as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

d&y is a good company and i wanna improve my knowlegde as a pipe fitter

Cons

as of now some materials is partial fabricated

stay strong and good for all employee

STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AS YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I worked at D&Y full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most employees are hardworking and when you work, you can make good money for placements.

Cons

Awful management, favoritism, discrimination, hostile workplace, micro-managed like a kid, no respect when communicating and if you have a problem, you might as well keep it to yourself because you will regret telling management. They do not stand behind their employees at all.... If you report something to HR, he will not do anything about it either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are the most unprofessional, deceptive, liars and pricks! They do not value their employees opinions, suggestions or anything else and you cannot report a problem because they will find a way to get rid of you! They need a new CEO and management team that will be fair and not show favoritism to certain people.

D&Y Photos

Fisher House Fundraiser - Collecting supplies for our troops and their families!
Company Culture