D1 Consulting Group

CEO

My Experience

Current Employee - Junior Consultant
    Current Employee - Junior Consultant

I have been working at D1 Consulting Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company has helped me to develop as person and a professional. I moved four hours to work here and didn't know anyone else. The team environment was something I was not expecting. I liked that the relationships became more of a partnership more than just a job. The people I hung out with outside of work were people I worked with. The opportunity to advance quickly was intriguing.

Cons

It is a challenge! This is not a position for anyone that is remotely lazy. The hours are long, but there are positions that have longer hours. The work-life balance is there if someone makes it a priority. I think time management is key in that.

Advice to management, I don't really have much. The manager has an open door policy, if I have any concerns or want to put in any input I can. So, my ideas and concerns have been either implemented or heard already.

Great career opportunity

I worked at D1 Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Make your own pay check
    move up fast
    have great travel experiences

Cons

no life work balance

You guys are killing it. I can not wait to see you guys hit your goals!

Did not work

I have been working at D1 Consulting Group (less than an year)

Pros

Promised that you would move up in management in a short time

Cons

low pay did not discuss benefits of how much would get paid.

don't treat employees like sheep.

Scam

I have been working at D1 Consulting Group part-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company is a Scam and they have a horriable business model.

Cons

Horrible its sucks not very great they treat employees like cattle and don't care if you make it or not.

No more family/friends, or anything you value outside of work time type job. Sacrificing is a must

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I worked at D1 Consulting Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Probably the only pro is the "chance/ability" to get promoted into real management. That's were the real money is at. You legit get a good portion on what the pawns get in sales. And their is a softball league if you into that. Some travel opportunities for training conferences.

Cons

Time and money. You work 11-8. 7 hours being out door to door selling. Not including the time getting ready in the morning and driving to work and if you got a meeting before 11 for whatever reason. So you legit got little to no time to do anything in the morning. And even when your done at 8, you still have to drive back to office to report your day. So coming home at 10 and after is fair to say.
    Work Monday through Saturday. They force you to go to their outings after work to "bond" when you rather be home just be a team player. So that adds more time somewhat working even though you been on your feet since the AM. Commission paid job. So no sales. No pay.
    When you minus the high amount of gas money you will spend including food it really feels like nothing. If your not good financially or good handling them it will only get difficult for never knowing how much your check is after tax or if someone canceled on you.
    No benefits whatsoever. You look like a quitter asking for a day off.

Provide a base pay. Lower the hours. Give employees a night off. Not every night should be locked in to do something. Sometimes going home after a good/bad day is to relax home

Great opportunity for self motivated and hard working individuals to create a highly profitable career in business.

Current Employee - Junior Consultant in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Junior Consultant in Naperville, IL

I have been working at D1 Consulting Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun work environment, TONS of travel and networking opportunities, paid training, ability to move up quickly, lucrative bonus structures, softball league, career mentorship from senior management, commission based pay structure (I'm rewarded for working harder than other people), positive employees create a good environment to walk into every day, friendly competition among co-workers

Cons

To move up quickly someone has to put in a lot of time and work upfront; so long hours and working saturdays could be viewed as a con.

Nothing I can think of

horrible life/work balance

Former Employee - Junior Consultant in Naperville, IL

I worked at D1 Consulting Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

you earn what you work for
    friendly coworkers, at least at first

Cons

horrible hours. this job honestly almost ruined my marriage. they don't care that you work long hours. i never had time for me, or my friends, wife. you dint have any time to spend with loved ones. i got to the point where i lost almost everything
    when you have a rough week, your team resents you, i was close to everyone in the beginning but overtime you see the real them. i lost all of my respect for them, as they did with me. i was left with nothing in the end.
    They continuously lie to you about moving up. i had the most sales on my team for so long. when i asked about a promotion, they actually laughed in my face. don't ever expect to move up at all.
    they don't reimburse you for gas like they say they will
    this company is a SCAM
    DO NOT FALL FOR IT

actually care about your workers and give them more time to actually live their life.

It was ok

I have been working at D1 Consulting Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You'll make some good friends. You will develop some as a person as well.

Cons

If the manager doesn't like you, there's no chance of getting promoted.
    Office culture is boring. It fees like everyone is walking on egg shells.

Be fair and people will want to stick around.
    Reward the people who deserve it, not the people that you like.
    Help everyone, especially the people who aren't doing well. Those are the people that need the most help.

Prepare to be work for 54 hours a week and get paid by sales commission.

Former Employee - Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at D1 Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Office nights, team activities that engage employees to work together and have fun, promotions are rewarded to hard work individuals who are capable of reaching their daily goals.

Cons

low pay because it's commission based so you earn what you sell, the hours are too long (11-8pm) weekdays and (11-6) on Saturday. There is no work/life balance at all. RUDE customers

Please reduce the hours, your not doing anyone a favor by overworking employees to the grave. Also don't send out employees out in the cold weather

Great company for an entrepreneurial spirit

Former Employee - Junior Consultant in Naperville, IL

I worked at D1 Consulting Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

*Entry Level opportunity
    *Fast advancement (based on performance, not on seniority)
    *Fun AND Professional Environment
    *Experience in business related fields

This is really a great company to start out in or start a new career over in. This company is a marketing and sales company. The people on this site calling this company a "scam" think every sales company is a scam. Reality check, every company does sales no matter what they do, this company just happens to focus on sales while building business skills. I left this company for personal reasons but I left with major business skills I would have never had. In the 4 months I was there, I went from no business experience to learning how to speak in front of people (I was very shy), do business presentations, conduct interviews, sales techniques, marketing strategies, team building skills, leadership and training skills...I could go on and on. The point of it is, is this company perfect? No. Is it worth going to and forming your own opinion about if you are called for an opportunity to interview and see what it's about? Yes.

Cons

*Working on Saturdays
    *Longer Hours
    *Lower starting pay
    *It's a little bit of a commute if you are north or south of Chicago

Keep doing what you're doing, don't change a thing

D1 Consulting Group Photos