d3solutionsmarketing.com

Updated August 27, 2014
Updated August 27, 2014
4.0

CEO

It wasn't for me, but an amazing opportunity.

Former Employee - Team Leader in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Portland, OR

I worked at D3 Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

With the support from your team and the company, there's always an opportunity for growth. One of the great things about this company is they treat you as person, and not as another number in their system. The leaders will help you make your goals a reality, and they put your goals ahead of their own. This company strives off of helping one another to move up; with the respect everyone has for one another, it is visible how much of a family everyone is. With the almost daily mini-competitions between yourself and other members in the office, as a whole we help build and push one another to be better than we were the day before.
    The tools that are necessary to be successful in this company are taught to you early on. An example of this would be being able to turn a negative situation into a positive learning experience, so that you don't make the same mistake twice. As I said, the tools are taught to you early on, but there's always the opportunity to learn more, to further your knowledge about the company and the field.
    When I first joined this company, I was a very shy and soft spoken individual, but through the support of my team and manager, I was able to break out of my shell and thrive in this program. The weekly team nights helped with this, because I was able to interact with the other people in the office on a personal level, rather than always being strictly business.

Cons

It can be overwhelming at times. Also having to maintain an open mind also provided challenges for me. The leaders in the office were not afraid to explain to me what I was doing wrong, but I respect the fact that they handled it in a professional manner, and helped me find a solution rather than leaving it as a problem.

I would have loved to further this opportuinty, but I had personal issues that prevented me from staying focused to further myself. Given the opportuity, I would gladly come back once I've taken care of the issues at hand.

Great Opportunity

I worked at D3 Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very Motivational company to work for. But like any job, it is work, its not a free ride. You learn a lot of aspects on how to market for a Fortune 500 company, how to build teams, and how to run your own company. The support is there for you to succeed, if you are willing to do it.

Cons

It is a shortened training program, so you work a little more that 9-5, but to get ahead and be able to set yourself up, it is well worth the effort.

Every opportunity with D3 Solutions is well-earned.

I have been working at D3 Solutions

Pros

When I got promoted at D3, I’m pleased because I know I put in the work and showed the initiative required to earn the increased responsibilities. What’s even better than that, though, is that all my teammates feel the same way. They understand that no promotion results just from longevity or favoritism. As a true meritocracy, D3 can always count on the best efforts of its people.

Cons

People who expect to coast through a career with D3 Solutions will soon be disappointed. No one moves ahead unless they have proven more than once that they are creative, resourceful, dedicated, and supportive of others.

Emphasizing the importance of promoting top brand ambassadors to management positions keeps D3 Solutions at top of its field.

Working at D3 made me a better communicator.

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at D3 Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Coming to D3 Solutions with a finance degree and budgeting background, I was worried about having to

interact so often with clients and consumers. My teammates and managers did such an excellent job of

coaching me through those early experiences, though, that fieldwork is now one my favorite things. The

personal communication skills I learned at D3 have also served me well in my personal life.

Cons

Working at D3 Solutions requires getting out of the office and interacting with the people we serve which

not everyone loves. It is great that so much focus is given to helping new team members learn how to

communicate professionally.

Giving everyone at D3 regular opportunities to meet with client representatives helps them build personal

connections to their work.

Not For Everyone

I have been working at D3 Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The co-workers offer a lot of support and advice. They are easily the best part of the company. Team nights every week let us see each other outside of our work selves. Opportunities for promotion are available immediately; it only depends on your hard work and complete dedication to the job. Take that as you will. The work is not complicated, but it is also not easy. Walking around stores all day keeps me off the couch.

Cons

Office space and parking is extremely limited, and with all of the employees they've been hiring, it gets crowded and hot. Depending on which store you get sent to, you might spend almost half of your day in the office and driving, rather than actually working.
    Not all aspects of the job were revealed to me during the interview. If you don't make a certain quota by the middle of the week, you are strictly not allowed to work the rest of the week. This alone makes this opportunity one to be wary of. Pay seems great in theory, but unless you are 100% dedicated to this job and nothing but this job, you may find it difficult to get a decent pay check.
    The job is advertised as "sort of commissions-based, but not quite," because if your pay on commissions doesn't pay you minimum wage for your work time, the president bumps your pay up to minimum wage. However, from that time on, if you have a good week and earn more than minimum wage, she takes that commission advance back, until it's all payed off. It's a commissions-based job that has a thin lacquer of hourly pay slapped on. Though this was explained during the interview, it's hard to understand exactly how that can affect you until it actually happens.

Continue being supportive of your employees, good job there. Make sure your interviewers explain all parts of the position to the potential employees so they know exactly what they're getting into.

Best opportunity I've had the chance to come across

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at D3 Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The fact that they manage campaigns for fortune 500 companies is incredible, how many years does someone have to be in business to even be able to pitch a company like that? It never happens for companies and they do it every day! There are great hours, so no traffic in the mornings or at night. Great location, a lot of work, TONS of opportunities! Marketing positions NO sales at all and NO commission. Guaranteed pay, bonuses, and huge performance incentives = great pay check! paid weekly. Great job for people that want to be or are entrepreneurs. Goal oriented. Great atmosphere. Fun and exciting. Fast track to management. There is NO telemarketing, NO door to door, or business to business marketing, its all direct marketing!! Really fun if you like people!

Cons

if your not a people person you will not do well here. People/customers come first. Having a car makes the job easier. This is not a stationary position, no booths, no telemarketing, no door to door or business to business marketing, its all direct marketing, so being able to walk in the stores that they market for is important.

Fast Track to management! If you perform and do what the job entails, you WILL get to management within 6-12 months! Its a great opportunity for motivated people that are hungry to have a career and possibly own a corporation and manage campaigns for fortune 500 companies. The opportunities are endless.

Good opportunity for a small portion of people, but definitely not for everyone

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator

I worked at D3 Solutions

Pros

You're working on commission so there is a chance that you could make good money if you work hard and find comfort in what you're doing. Very goal oriented and team morale is good. Management is helpful in times of trouble and need. Great for learning new skills in public speaking or people skills in general. Gets you out of your comfort zone. Develop thick skin. For a very select few, great chance for growth.

Cons

You're working on commission so income is not necessarily steady. If you don't meet numbers in the beginning of the week, then you won't be allowed to work the rest of the week. Turnover is ridiculously high and if you're there for more than a month, you are one of the most senior team members. You will hear the exact same "business strategies" over and over. Many people are very focused on their business goals and take pride in having little to no personal life, so be prepared to put that aside to move up in the business. Also, to move up you are highly encouraged to go on "road trips" to other parts of the region on very short notice (at max you will know a week before you're supposed to go). Very few people will actually make it through their program, and even fewer will make the money they tell you you will make.

Analyzing results every day is like having a workout plan and dieting, and weighing yourself on the scale every day. There is so many variables in every day that it might be more helpful to not break down every single day, but maybe look at the week as a whole.

Don't waste your time

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I worked at D3 Solutions full-time

Pros

People seemed friendly and very welcoming. They make the path to promotion easy to understand.

Cons

Work 6 days a week. M-F: 11-7 Saturday: 9-3. They are deceptive on what the job actually entails. They start you out working a 100% commission based salary which will be earned by walking around home depot and convincing customers to have an interior designer come out to their home to look at installing new cabinets, etc. They claim that you will move up the ranks quickly and become a manager but they want you to start at the bottom to help understand their business. This is just a scam to get people to do the entry level work because nobody wants to have that as a full time job, and the turnover rate is high. If walking around home depot for 6 days of the week trying to complete a sales quota of 18 people making appointments per week with at least 55% of them going through with it sounds interesting to you, then go for it.

Be more upfront about the job. Don't disguise it with words like "direct marketing" or even "marketing". Call it what it is, this job is a sales job at home depot where you have to walk around and essentially cold call on customers.

Must Get Deals or You're Out

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Portland, OR

I worked at D3 Solutions part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You can make money if people sign up with you. The people are rather nice and will be kind to you. They play games and motivate each other in a room called "atmo" every morning. If you want to succeed, take that "atmo" session seriously.

Cons

If you don't like working on commission, this isn't for you. You have to get signups or you'll have "to part ways" with this company. They say there's a guaranteed pay, but that guaranteed pay is only given to those who are already established in the company and that also has a catch. If you don't like commissions, stay away. If you do, go ahead.

Tell new employees about the do or die nature of this company

Amazing Growth

I have been working at D3 Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Amazing environment, the people you work with at this company are so energetic, driven, and hungry to make their situation better. I have never had co-workers that were so invested in my success. Everybody is so genuine and passionate about what they do. We all understand what we do now is not what we are going to do in the future. The company is growing so fast, and it is exciting to see that the hard work you put in, actually leads to results, both professionally and monetarily.

Cons

Focus and discipline is needed. You have to push yourself everyday. The job is by no means glamorous, and unless you have big goals, you probably will not stick around.

I feel blessed to be in your office!

D3 Solutions Photos