DAVACO

Rick Davis

Great place to work!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at DAVACO as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone is so nice. Enjoyed working with them. I would love to work for them again!

Cons

People in leader positions should not let their personal feelings interfere with whether an employee can keep a job.

I liked the money

Current Employee - Travel Team Merchandiser in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Travel Team Merchandiser in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at DAVACO part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Its fun to travel.They rent nice rooms.There is some overtime se o the money is good.

Cons

They tell you they will put you to work and when the day gets close they cancel. They did it to me 4 times this year. I didnt schedule work because I thought I was leaving. Now the season is over and I dont have a dime to get through the off season.

Be fair to your employees. Don't keep a person waiting. Also you pay the females less than the males. I trained a new guy only to find he was making two more dollars.

Great workplace for an independent, self motivated employee

Former Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at DAVACO full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You have a good deal of flexibility in your schedule, the management is understanding, and you get the opportunity to work across multiple global brands in a wholesale environment. The access to these brands and wholesalers allows for you to learn a lot about the industry and provides you with many networking opportunities.
    Benefits, Salary & PTO are reasonable.

Cons

I was required to be a bit of a road warrior, so it was a bit tasking on my personal life at times. There was no formal training when I initially started, so I did have to use my background and self-teach on the job (certain brands did provide training as I took on new accounts, although most just provided a standards guide). And although that was fine by me, I did see that many of my co-workers struggled by not being properly trained. No real growth opportunities.

More substantial communication between management and field teams would benefit the organization and create a stronger connection between field teams and the company.

I worked at DAVACO

Pros

Great...... nothing bad to ssy.

Cons

Leads suck. To many people on drugs and drunks. Clean up.

Leads need to wake up.

good place to work

Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator
    Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator

I have been working at DAVACO part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, ability to travel and control my own schedule. I'm able to work autonomously but have great management support to ensure that I'm fully informed and supported

Cons

Some unpredictability in hours, but that does allow me to take time off and have flexibility for other things.

DAVACO is the best-in-class leader for retail, restaurant and hospitality services, and a terrific career path company.

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DAVACO full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Dynamic fast-paced company that works with the top brands in retail, restaurant and hospitality. A great place to learn new skills, develop valuable industry relationships and learn from top industry professionals. Strong workplace ethics, real concern and attention to customer service and being the best, great employees with strong teamwork.

Cons

If you do not adjust well to change and fast pace work with demanding customers, not the right place for you.

An amazing company to work for

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DAVACO as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Davaco is such an amazing company to work for. They are understanding, family oriented and laid back. The other associates are easily some of the best people I have worked with. Everyone is extremely nice and I couldn't imagine a better place to spend my time Monday through Friday. It has become like a second family to me. The atmosphere and environment is so caring and understanding to most everything.

Cons

I honestly don't have any negative feedback about working with Davaco. I think that the companies values are better than most companies. I have had no issues when it comes to time off. Usually I specify when I need to take off and there hasn't been any problems. My specific supervisor is very understanding and easy to talk to.

I loved this job.

I worked at DAVACO full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great place to work and learn

Cons

I have no complaints about this job. I loved it!

A merchandising powerhouse

Former Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in Columbia, SC

I worked at DAVACO part-time (more than an year)

Pros

* great people
    * good relationships with the high-end brands they represent
    * great compensation for the hours and tasks being assigned
    * great partnerships with their employees
    * good training for the brands being represented

Cons

* very few hours in small towns
    * no benefits
    * internal company website was very slow and using a MAC, I had to refresh everytime I logged in

Keep looking...

I worked at DAVACO full-time

Pros

DAVACO has a recognizable name in the industry, they have the ability to bid many kinds of projects, and they have some very good, qualified people.

Cons

Leadership is non-existent. The top five or six managers have no industry experience, with one exception (Paul). Morale is bad throughout the company, and the focus seems to be on fattening the company up for sale, rather than taking care of their customers.

Consider taking better care of the people who actually do the work of the company.

DAVACO Photos