DAVACO Reviews

Updated March 25, 2015
52 reviews filtered by
3.2
Rick Davis

Pros
  • Great location, regular employee events, competitive benefits, nice people (in 4 reviews)

• Strong workplace ethics, real concern and attention to customer service and being the best, great employees with strong teamwork (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • An ever-changing HR department ran by someone who is never around (in 3 reviews)

• No upward mobility, Upper management takes credit for the hard work done by others (in 3 reviews)

1. I enjoyed working for this company and was pleased with advancement procedures.

Former Employee - Lead Merchandiser in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Lead Merchandiser in Dallas, TX

I worked at DAVACO full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This company provides opportunity for personal growth with hard work and personal devotion.

Cons

One disadvantage of working with the company is the scheduling of rooms for extended periods of time--not taking time to consider the kind of environment some of the rooms were.

I would plan better balance between work and life situations and better hotels for staying for an extended period of time.

2. DECENT IF PROJECTS ARE AVAILABLE

Current Employee - Field Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Field Merchandiser

I have been working at DAVACO full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The plus side is traveling to new places and meeting new people. The people you work with are down to Earth and are great to work with.

Cons

Pay is mediocre and some of the hotels we are placed in are dumps.

Weed out the weak links and bring in people that are willing to work and pull their own weight. .

3. If you're looking for a stable company/work might aswell never apply

Former Employee - Electrician in Corpus Christi, TX
    Former Employee - Electrician in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at DAVACO full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pays good. Get to travel and see the country.

Cons

Poor management. lacks backbone and lacks professionalism. They never do what they say!No benefits!!

Get you're act together and use the bottoms up approach because the employees are the ones out in the field

5. Professional work enviroment.
    Take advangtage of Field personnel.

I worked at DAVACO

Pros

Good reputation nationally among various retail brands

Cons

Less respect for those not in management positions.

6. Save yourself the trouble and look somewhere else for a better company.

I worked at DAVACO

Pros

Their pay scale is good, and they pay time and a half for over time and holiday pay as well.

Cons

They aren't honest about what the job entails. Will withhold paychecks, even though it's against the law, for things like missing receipts, expense issues, etc. It's only a good paying job if you can actually GET the paycheck. And, unlike other traveling jobs, they do not give days off to go home and see your family every couple of weeks.

You want better workers and less turn over? Start treating your employees better. And, when you withhold paychecks? You aren't just hurting the employee to prove your point...you are hurting their kids as well. How do you expect families to eat if you don't pay?

7. Great place to work!

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Dallas, TX
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Dallas, TX

I worked at DAVACO as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is so nice. Enjoyed working with them. I would love to work for them again!

Cons

People in leader positions should not let their personal feelings interfere with whether an employee can keep a job.

8. ALL DRUNKS AND DRUG USERS there drug testing is a joke.

Current Employee - Lead in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Lead in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at DAVACO full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

travel and site seeing different areas

Cons

All field and project managers tell you PIE IN THE SKY. DO NOT BELIEVE ANY OF THEM.They will put 3- 4 people in a room. Crappy hotels,screw you on hours.

Get off your high horse.Learn how to keep contract's not lose them.

Great workplace for an independent, self motivated employee

Former Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at DAVACO full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You have a good deal of flexibility in your schedule, the management is understanding, and you get the opportunity to work across multiple global brands in a wholesale environment. The access to these brands and wholesalers allows for you to learn a lot about the industry and provides you with many networking opportunities.
    Benefits, Salary & PTO are reasonable.

Cons

I was required to be a bit of a road warrior, so it was a bit tasking on my personal life at times. There was no formal training when I initially started, so I did have to use my background and self-teach on the job (certain brands did provide training as I took on new accounts, although most just provided a standards guide). And although that was fine by me, I did see that many of my co-workers struggled by not being properly trained. No real growth opportunities.

More substantial communication between management and field teams would benefit the organization and create a stronger connection between field teams and the company.

good place to work

Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator
    Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator

I have been working at DAVACO part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, ability to travel and control my own schedule. I'm able to work autonomously but have great management support to ensure that I'm fully informed and supported

Cons

Some unpredictability in hours, but that does allow me to take time off and have flexibility for other things.

11. I liked the money

Current Employee - Travel Team Merchandiser in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Travel Team Merchandiser in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at DAVACO part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Its fun to travel.They rent nice rooms.There is some overtime se o the money is good.

Cons

They tell you they will put you to work and when the day gets close they cancel. They did it to me 4 times this year. I didnt schedule work because I thought I was leaving. Now the season is over and I dont have a dime to get through the off season.

Be fair to your employees. Don't keep a person waiting. Also you pay the females less than the males. I trained a new guy only to find he was making two more dollars.

DAVACO Photos