DAVACO Reviews

Rick Davis

A merchandising powerhouse

Former Employee - Merchandise Coordinator  in  Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in Columbia, SC

I worked at DAVACO part-time for more than a year

Pros

* great people
    * good relationships with the high-end brands they represent
    * great compensation for the hours and tasks being assigned
    * great partnerships with their employees
    * good training for the brands being represented

Cons

* very few hours in small towns
    * no benefits
    * internal company website was very slow and using a MAC, I had to refresh everytime I logged in

Good fun company to work for

I worked at DAVACO

Pros

Pay was good. Schedule was awesome, and the ytaveling was the best. Got to work from one coast to the other. One month I was in Cali and the next I was in Florida!

Cons

Really no cons. Unless, if your not a night owl, then it migjt not be for you. Alot of shifts were during closed hours.

Keep better track of your employees!

Merchandise Coordinator

Former Employee - Merchandise Coordinator
    Former Employee - Merchandise Coordinator

I worked at DAVACO part-time

Pros

flexible schedule, detailed on-board training that was client specific, opportunity to build relationships directly with the clients and retail sales teams

Cons

lack of growth opportunity for the field, outdated reporting methods and technology. pay was average by industry standards.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I enjoyed working at Davaco as a Project Coordinator on a contract assignment.

Former Employee - Project Coordinator  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at DAVACO as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The good thing was that I was given responsibility of each project to coordinate the work to be done.

Cons

I just think the assignment was too short.

The work was excellent, and the people were great to work with.

Glad I'm just a temp.

Current Employee - Contractor  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Contractor in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at DAVACO as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The Assistant Project Manager is a great guy. I would have almost no issues if he was the project manager,. The pay is also nice,,,,I guess.

Cons

The work itself can be tough, but that is expected when doing work as a sub contractor. What bothers me is how the job is being run. There is why too much confusion among the workers as well as the managers. We always seem to play everything by ear. At times we have no direction and end up standing around waiting for the project manage, who vanishes often, to come back and tell us what to do, The crew as a whole as well as individuals are scolded for not being able to follow unclear and down right stupid instructions. My biggest problems is I work 12-15 hours a day which is fine, but our manager only gives us a half an hour for lunch. Sometimes we get another fifteen minutes, but that is it. On top of that, the company automatically takes an hour off of our pay for lunch, so not only are we not getting the full breaks, but we are also not being paid for working during the time should be taking your break. I have only been with DAVACO for a few days now, but when this project is over, I will not be looking for more work with them.

I don't know what advice I would have for the company itself but if I had to give my manager some advice it would be this. Do not target individuals and make examples of them. If there is a problem, pull said individual aside and talk to them,. Do not talk about how "bad" the temp workers on the phone in earshot of other workers. Do not treat temp workers like they are temp workers, For now we are DAVACO employees and when we are treated like replaceable pawns in your game of chess, it lowers moral and makes for a stressful and unpleasant work environment.

It's ok

Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DAVACO full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice people, good place to work with different brands, very approachable people. Nice company to meet people from all over the US.

Cons

Bad mileage, cheap and low budget travels, per diem is $20 which is so less and so weird more than anything.

This Company Deserves a Positive Review

Current Employee - Corporate  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DAVACO full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am part of the corporate team, and have little interaction with our field team unfortunately.
    - Great personalities, and amazingly friendly from the very beginning.
    - Extremely supportive company in all aspects
    - Great training, and energetic environment.
    -Quick to integrate you into projects.
    -Great pay, great possibilities with promotions and benefits.
    - Very clean environment.
    -Large learning curve with projects in retail, restaurant, and hospitality
    - Long lasting employees, great sustainability and a team you want to be associated with.

Cons

Unfortunately I have a bit of a drive to Dallas, and traffic can be a pain - but they are centrally located and have a great office.
    -I understand the field teams get upset when there is lack of work (therefore lack of pay), as they can only work when projects are available. Unfortunately this is something the company can only help by acquiring more business which they are always looking to do.

Keep doing what you're doing! Great organic environment that grows from within. Very positive attitudes and beneficial small benefits/ employee appreciation are excellent. Continue investing time and money into the customer portal, and providing higher quality proposals and work.

Excellent company to work for

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DAVACO full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been with Davaco for just over two months now and those two months have been tumultuous for me on a personal level and I had the full support of not only my direct supervisor, Delio Perez, but of my executive team as well. The company stives to show that it cares about it's employees (they in fact have an initiative with a team dedicated soley to that) and take great strides to show us appreciation. The location is awesome (Upper Greenville) and everyone is down to earth and friendly.

Cons

So close to so many great restaurants - it's hard to choose which one every day!

Keep it up!

I LOVED WORKING AT DAVACO

Former Employee - Receptionist  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Dallas, TX

I worked at DAVACO full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly co-workers, nice atmosphere, great location.
    They encourage everyone that works there to interact.

Cons

can't find any, I really enjoyed working there
    even the management was fair enough for me

The WORST place I've ever worked at!

Current Employee - Project Coordinator  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DAVACO full-time for more than a year

Pros

Other than a small handful of really overworked project coordinators I enjoy working with...NOTHING.

Cons

With unrealistic expected profit margins (30-40%) project support teams are way too lean, filled with temporary workers for LOW pay, with expectations of completing 60 hours of work in a 40 hour time frame. Turnover is high within the company. The HR department is a joke, and the IT department is even worse. Seriously outdated IT equipment by a good 5-8 years. Project Coordinators are doing the work of Project Managers for about 30,000 less in salary. Project coordinators make 15-17.00 an hour there, while median rate in the DFW area is 23-25.00. The benefits really stink, with the employee paying 75% of the cost.

Senior Mgmt is nothing but a good ol' boy network who are clueless as to who really does all the heavy work for them. Rick Davis walks around there as if he's Master of the Universe, but has absolutely no consideration or respect for the temp or contract worker which makes up for at least 40% of his workforce. Davaco probably has the most stressful environment I've ever worked at. There aren't consistent policies - some miss work 4-5 days a month while others are expected to come into work sick - and the wage disparities among the project coordinators is unbelievable.

Bad environment, bad culture, bad pay and bad management!

I won't even waste the effort, because it simply won't matter to Rick Davis or his senior mgmt team.

Worked for DAVACO? Contribute to the Community!