DAVACO

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rick Davis

I enjoyed working at Davaco as a Project Coordinator on a contract assignment.

Project Coordinator (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe good thing was that I was given responsibility of each project to coordinate the work to be done.

ConsI just think the assignment was too short.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe work was excellent, and the people were great to work with.

Glad I'm just a temp.

Contractor (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThe Assistant Project Manager is a great guy. I would have almost no issues if he was the project manager,. The pay is also nice,,,,I guess.

ConsThe work itself can be tough, but that is expected when doing work as a sub contractor. What bothers me is how the job is being run. There is why too much confusion among the workers as well as the managers. We always seem to play everything by ear. At times we have no direction and end up standing around waiting for the project manage, who vanishes often, to come back and tell us what to do, The crew as a whole as well as individuals are scolded for not being able to follow unclear and down right stupid instructions. My biggest problems is I work 12-15 hours a day which is fine, but our manager only gives us a half an hour for lunch. Sometimes we get another fifteen minutes, but that is it. On top of that, the company automatically takes an hour off of our pay for lunch, so not only are we not getting the full breaks, but we are also not being paid for working during the time should be taking your break. I have only been with DAVACO for a few days now, but when this project is over, I will not be looking for more work with them.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't know what advice I would have for the company itself but if I had to give my manager some advice it would be this. Do not target individuals and make examples of them. If there is a problem, pull said individual aside and talk to them,. Do not talk about how "bad" the temp workers on the phone in earshot of other workers. Do not treat temp workers like they are temp workers, For now we are DAVACO employees and when we are treated like replaceable pawns in your game of chess, it lowers moral and makes for a stressful and unpleasant work environment.

It's ok

Merchandise Coordinator (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsNice people, good place to work with different brands, very approachable people. Nice company to meet people from all over the US.

ConsBad mileage, cheap and low budget travels, per diem is $20 which is so less and so weird more than anything.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This Company Deserves a Positive Review

Corporate (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI am part of the corporate team, and have little interaction with our field team unfortunately.
    - Great personalities, and amazingly friendly from the very beginning.
    - Extremely supportive company in all aspects
    - Great training, and energetic environment.
    -Quick to integrate you into projects.
    -Great pay, great possibilities with promotions and benefits.
    - Very clean environment.
    -Large learning curve with projects in retail, restaurant, and hospitality
    - Long lasting employees, great sustainability and a team you want to be associated with.

ConsUnfortunately I have a bit of a drive to Dallas, and traffic can be a pain - but they are centrally located and have a great office.
    -I understand the field teams get upset when there is lack of work (therefore lack of pay), as they can only work when projects are available. Unfortunately this is something the company can only help by acquiring more business which they are always looking to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing! Great organic environment that grows from within. Very positive attitudes and beneficial small benefits/ employee appreciation are excellent. Continue investing time and money into the customer portal, and providing higher quality proposals and work.

The WORST place I've ever worked at!

Project Coordinator (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsOther than a small handful of really overworked project coordinators I enjoy working with...NOTHING.

ConsWith unrealistic expected profit margins (30-40%) project support teams are way too lean, filled with temporary workers for LOW pay, with expectations of completing 60 hours of work in a 40 hour time frame. Turnover is high within the company. The HR department is a joke, and the IT department is even worse. Seriously outdated IT equipment by a good 5-8 years. Project Coordinators are doing the work of Project Managers for about 30,000 less in salary. Project coordinators make 15-17.00 an hour there, while median rate in the DFW area is 23-25.00. The benefits really stink, with the employee paying 75% of the cost.

Senior Mgmt is nothing but a good ol' boy network who are clueless as to who really does all the heavy work for them. Rick Davis walks around there as if he's Master of the Universe, but has absolutely no consideration or respect for the temp or contract worker which makes up for at least 40% of his workforce. Davaco probably has the most stressful environment I've ever worked at. There aren't consistent policies - some miss work 4-5 days a month while others are expected to come into work sick - and the wage disparities among the project coordinators is unbelievable.

Bad environment, bad culture, bad pay and bad management!

Advice to Senior ManagementI won't even waste the effort, because it simply won't matter to Rick Davis or his senior mgmt team.

Excellent company to work for

Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI have been with Davaco for just over two months now and those two months have been tumultuous for me on a personal level and I had the full support of not only my direct supervisor, Delio Perez, but of my executive team as well. The company stives to show that it cares about it's employees (they in fact have an initiative with a team dedicated soley to that) and take great strides to show us appreciation. The location is awesome (Upper Greenville) and everyone is down to earth and friendly.

ConsSo close to so many great restaurants - it's hard to choose which one every day!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Merchandisers are not consider equal to other divisions

Product Merchandiser (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsIn this tough economy Davaco has had a decent amount of work for me. Medical and dental. Get to travel the country.

ConsDavaco doesn't treat it's merchandiser equally. We do not get sick pay, other divisions do. Yearly raises do not even keep up with inflation. You will sit at home for a month or two if "there isn't any work". Seneroity has has no weight. They will hire and promote new employees and keep them busy, while employees with several years in sit at home. The hotels they put us in are getting worse. Several employees have serious drug problems, yet management just ignores it. The only reason I stayed so long is because nothing else was available.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider your long-term employees, they have been here awhile and are less likely to bail. Random drug testing is a must. Davaco is developing a bad reputation because employees are going to work drunk or worse. Treat your merchandisers like you do other divisions. Stop playing favorites.

I LOVED WORKING AT DAVACO

Receptionist (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsFriendly co-workers, nice atmosphere, great location.
    They encourage everyone that works there to interact.

Conscan't find any, I really enjoyed working there
    even the management was fair enough for me

My view of DAVACO

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsNice offices, friendly people and a fun environment. Company promotes from within and hard work is recognized. Great leadership & Vision

ConsRapidly growing company, you must be prepared to work hard and change directions quickly. No room for slackers!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Great place to work! Couldn't be happier!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat location, regular employee events, competitive benefits, nice people.

ConsLike at every company, not every hire is as good as you would have hoped.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working to stay tuned into the needs and satisfaction of the employees and minimizing turn over. There are things you can't control and there is always room for improvement to stay current.

Worked for DAVACO? Contribute to the Community!