DB Consulting Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Gerald Boyd, Jr.

good company with allot of opportunities

Prosgreat group of people that genuinely care about individual well being.

Consworking for the government can be monotonous. not as fast paced as commercial industry.

Advice to Senior Managementfind opportunities to promote from within.

Good, convenient work

Caller and Researcher (Former Employee) Silver Spring, MD

ProsProximity to Silver Spring Metro and Downtown Silver Spring
    Friendly and helpful guard
    Clean, well equipped office
    Good growth for hard workers

ConsWork can be monotonous at times
    Lack of communication from managerment concerning what they want from you
    Boring, cubicle-styled office space

Advice to Senior ManagementBe in constant communication with your employees, especially the temporary ones

Your experience depends on what department you work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Silver Spring, MD

ProsLocation. One block from metro.

ConsHR is unprofessional and not trustworthy, which is a serious problem considering they should act as employee advocates. Some of the managers/upper management actually know what they are doing, the rest are going through the motions or pretending. No tuition assistance, no recognition for a job well done. It is general knowledge that some managers take advantage of their positions, are notoriously unprofessional, wasteful, unethical, inconsiderate, etc. and yet, they remained employed and unchecked.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in employees and innovative project management, and reduce waste. Address dysfunctional HR department and managers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

DB Consulting Group is a small company that strives to do the right thing.

ProsDB Consulting Group tries to provide big company benefits like solid insurance. The pay is reasonable.

ConsThe company is heavily tied to contracts. Loss of contracts equals immediate reduction in staffing. The company does not offer any fringe benefits or profit sharing.

ok

Worker Bee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prospay is good and team members are very knowledgeable

Consmanagement is out of touch

A good time, with a good team, working for a terrible company.

Applications Engineer (Former Employee) Fairmont, WV

ProsGood hiring, at least in WV. My team was excellent

ConsNo visibility to management or to HR when not working at their home location. Poor HR to begin with. Lack of advancement opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening to your employees, and quit using them as a paycheck.

good

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

Prosbenefits are good.
    hours are flexible
    manager is understanding of work/life relationship

Consdealing with the egos of some employees
    not getting proper direction for work
    not getting properly recognized for work completed

Wonderful place to do good AND do well

Program Manager (Former Employee) Silver Spring, MD

ProsPros: DB offers a very rare opportunity to do public interest work in the private sector. It was an amazing privilege to be able to work on behalf of residents in inner-city housing projects, while having all of the resources of a top of the line private consulting firm. Also, the firm is easily the most diverse place I've ever worked, and one of the most welcoming to parents with children. It is normal and expected to see children in the office after school, on school vacations, etc, there to visit their parents or grandparents.

ConsThere were two primary cons that I could see. First, DB is a privately held, family owned company owned by a Father and Son. Although the firm is very professional overall, there was occasional tension in the leadership that seemed related more to family issues than business concerns. That said, unless you are in the top layer of management, it wasn't anything you'd notice on a daily basis. Also, HR administration was absolutely terrible, especially when it came to hiring. Once I actually got there, my boss and team were amazing -- but I nearly quit before I even started because I had such a bad impression of the company from its hiring process (or lack thereof). The best advice I can give to newcomers is to stick it out, take the hiring process with a grain of salt, and do your best to keep in touch with the person who will actually be your manager so you can keep your motivation up to work for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementOther than what I described above, I don't really have any. This is a wonderful place to work. The people are very smart and hard working, and DB truly offers an unparalleled opportunity to do public interest work in a private sector setting. It is absolutely the best of both worlds. If my spouse had not gotten a job in another city, it's hard for me to imagine I ever would have wanted to leave.

Worked for DB Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!