DB&A Reviews

Updated September 19, 2014
2.9

DB&A President & CEO Michael Owens
Michael Owens

Pros
  • Travel Points, Have a girl in every city your working in, Not much more (in 7 reviews)

• Learn a lot about structured methods to coach and influence people (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Unique culture which makes work-life balance difficult (in 6 reviews)

• Then right before I quit, the project manager told me I was going to cover the overnight shifts for at 6 weeks (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

johns good

I have been working at DB&A

Pros

good company i think ha years

Cons

great way to do business

I had good experience in Teamware. Actually my work location was wipro and My parent company Teamware

Former Employee - SQL Database Administrator  in  Chennai (India)
    Former Employee - SQL Database Administrator in Chennai (India)

I worked at DB&A full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very comfortable to work .

Cons

It was good to work there.

Nothing

Great Opportunity for the Right Person

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DB&A full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great environment for overachievers and those looking to challenge / develop themselves. Excellent opportunity for exposure to various industries and business cultures. You will learn more here in one year as a consultant than you will in 4 years of business school. Two different career paths, one towards management, the other as a career consultant.

Cons

Travel and work/life balance (due to travel)

Disregard "noise" by one or two disgruntled ex employees who post here as current employees. Keep up the improvements.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hard work, but rewarding.

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at DB&A full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone I have worked with has been professional and helpful. I am just in my first year and this is my second project but I feel supported and happy. I like that I can make my own way because everything is based on my performance.

Cons

I was told about the travel, the travel was explained. I think it's a mindset, but it is Sunday through Friday afternoon. It's definately a commitment.

I like the changes, keep going.

Work hard, live the results.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at DB&A full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Client change
    -Keep your travel points (Hotels, airfare, and rental cars)
    -Challenging environments
    -The people
    -The CEO
    -The training
    -Feedback and professional growth

Cons

-Time spent away from home, but this is clearly explained and talked about.

Continue the change, we want more.

Take it from a newly hired professional.

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DB&A full-time for less than a year

Pros

I read the reviews before I started and I can say I was concerned, but I can tell you this company is serious about what they do. I get tons of exposure and opportunities to learn. My project manager is very supportive. My teammates are helpful and make the enviornment worth returning to week after week. I was impressed by the CEO visiting us on our first week, it is rare to have candid and personal conversations with someone who runs the company.

Cons

This is consulting, the company is honest about the needs of the position. I was told you will travel Sunday night through Friday, that's just the job. It's a challenge, but I love it. You need to be a go getter, this job requires energy and a sense of urgency. You also have to confront managers about their behaviors, that can be difficult. The con would be your attitude, this job is what you make of it.

Keep the changes going....I feel the support and the training modules are helpful. I like that people care about me. The staff at corporate and the management team are always making sure I have ewhat I need and that feels good. I know the changes are happening fast because the people who have been here for a while tell a different story about the "old DB&A". I have not seen anything that would make me cringe or feel uncomfortable. In fact so much has been done to make me feel at home; I don't see anything but a great future here.

The company is evolving and growing, you should come join us!

I have been working at DB&A full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- You work hard on the projects that's no lie, sometimes 12 hour days. But, unlike most corporate jobs when you are off on the weekends you are off. What I mean is no checking your iphone for missed emails you have to respond to or being called into work for an "emergency".
    -You get to see different industries and change co-workers and managers about every 6 months, at what job can you do that?
    -You get to learn daily on the job, so if you like learning it's a pretty awesome job.
    -If you love training, you will love this job, that's what we do. We train managers to be better and help them achieve measurable results. That's exciting.
    -Beach time- this is time between projects that you get paid to be at home. Sure you are on call, but sometimes this can be for several weeks. That's a good perk and is not considered part of your 2 weeks vacation, also did I mention you get a week off between Christmas and New Year's?(that's also paid)
    -If you are single the company fully pays for your medical and dental, that's a good deal.
    -You keep your travel points and well you also can get your own credit card dedicated to whatever type of travel point accrual you want, no corporate card. That's a great benefit.

Cons

Think about the travel aspect, this is a lifestyle. I see the comments about travel, but travel is part of the job and that is clearly communicated throughout the interview process and beyond. My advice is check with your support system, make sure they understand what you are getting into, what that means for them. I have seen many consultants fail because of this very reason, so take your time and think about what it would be like being away from your family for five days. Also, keep in mind sometimes there can be travel delays, so you might not get 48 hours every weekend at home, but that's more of the exception, not the rule.

Hey listen, DB&A isn't perfect but they are honest and they are correcting past issues. These things take time and don't happen over night. The company really does care about their employees, maybe that wasn't how it "used to be", but that is the way it is now. Our CEO, Michael Owens, is very hands on and he is leading us to a better DB&A!

Great company to work for that rewards based on your development

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DB&A full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You will gain experience in a wide range of industries working with clients ranging from front line Supervisors all the way up to the C Suite. Emphasis is placed on developing your consulting skills and have not met anyone now willing to help. Company leadership is aligned with the consistent goal of delivering high value to clients. Great teamwork on projects helps develop new employees at rapid pace.

Cons

You must be willing and able to travel for 50 weeks per year leaving on Sundays and coming home on Fridays. The company is committed to providing at least 48 hours at home on weekends and you must be comfortable with this lifestyle.

Continue with current Consultant development process.

Nothing but stellar

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DB&A full-time for less than a year

Pros

From the orientation at home office to the teams at two projects, I have gained important knowledge and am learning our tools and methodology from their collective experiences. Also, it has been made very clear to me, both through individual communication and our recent annual meeting, that I am an important member of the DBA Family.

Cons

If you don't like to travel, have constant interaction with people or work well in a team environment, this may not be for you.

The teams I have worked on thus far have been both knowledgeable and helpful in my continued personal growth.

Best Company Out There

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at DB&A

Pros

1. Esprit d Corps
    2. Training
    3. Exposure
    4. Ability to Move Up

Cons

1. If you are not fast paced, or motivated...do not apply

Worked for DB&A? Contribute to the Community!