DBL Distributing

Updated Jun 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Henry G. Chiarelli

My colleagues were the best part of my job. Professionals who knew when to play and when to push hard to get a job done.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Scottsdale, AZ

ProsAt first, the pay was just okay when drawing a salary but the pay got switched over to hourly and we got paid for our overtime and then I was actually able to start a savings account. We were encouraged to strengthen our job skills and that was a good idea for personal growth and for what it did for the company.

ConsNot sure what it's like now but there was some serious overtime for the first few years I worked there. Once we started getting paid by the hour it blunted some of the sting of all those hours. Once the company got sold, rolling layoffs began. Many of us were laid off. Waiting for the shoe to drop, not knowing if you would be next, really took a toll on company morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would hope that since the company was purchased that the new owners looked into the balance of work-life. The overtime money was great but really hard on us physically and mentally.

Was the best now just like the rest.

Scottsdale, AZ

ProsThe people at DBL are the best.

ConsPoor poor management. They no longer care about the employee's.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for another job.

DBL Distributing

Scottsdale, AZ

ProsIt's small enough that everyone knows everyone but big enough to call us a public company with hundreds of retailing customers. It's not a drag to go to work (atleast not yet) and co-workers are pleasant to work with.

ConsBy being in the retail business, we are affected when the economy takes a free fall. Recent layoffs at this location was tough as many good workers and friends were let go. With it getting worse before getting any better, it's a guessing game of where we will be working in 6 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on the benefit package. Health insurance is still too high for a company our size. It's $650/month for a family w/one child...wow. That would be a major factor for me to leave for another employer with cheaper insurance. Also, only 8 days paid holiday? Who would want to be working on Christmas Eve? Most places have 12-18 days paid holidays.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

sinking ship

ProsIf you are a pretty girl, a yes man, or if you excell at the art of flattery, you will be well rewarded for just showing up.

ConsA culture of dishonesty and non accountability. Executives are pointlessly secretive. No tradition of excellence. Make it cheap. Outsource it. Do the quick fix and leave the broken process in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. There is no fixing those people. I'm only there because a bad job is better than no job in these times.

Worked for DBL Distributing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DBL Distributing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DBL Distributing CEO Henry G. Chiarelli. All reviews posted anonymously by DBL Distributing employees.