www.dbldistributing.com

DBL Distributing Reviews

2.2

Henry G. Chiarelli
1 Rating

My colleagues were the best part of my job. Professionals who knew when to play and when to push hard to get a job done.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at DBL Distributing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

At first, the pay was just okay when drawing a salary but the pay got switched over to hourly and we got paid for our overtime and then I was actually able to start a savings account. We were encouraged to strengthen our job skills and that was a good idea for personal growth and for what it did for the company.

Cons

Not sure what it's like now but there was some serious overtime for the first few years I worked there. Once we started getting paid by the hour it blunted some of the sting of all those hours. Once the company got sold, rolling layoffs began. Many of us were laid off. Waiting for the shoe to drop, not knowing if you would be next, really took a toll on company morale.

I would hope that since the company was purchased that the new owners looked into the balance of work-life. The overtime money was great but really hard on us physically and mentally.

Was the best now just like the rest.

I have been working at DBL Distributing

Pros

The people at DBL are the best.

Cons

Poor poor management. They no longer care about the employee's.

Look for another job.

I have been working at DBL Distributing

Pros

It's small enough that everyone knows everyone but big enough to call us a public company with hundreds of retailing customers. It's not a drag to go to work (atleast not yet) and co-workers are pleasant to work with.

Cons

By being in the retail business, we are affected when the economy takes a free fall. Recent layoffs at this location was tough as many good workers and friends were let go. With it getting worse before getting any better, it's a guessing game of where we will be working in 6 months.

Work on the benefit package. Health insurance is still too high for a company our size. It's $650/month for a family w/one child...wow. That would be a major factor for me to leave for another employer with cheaper insurance. Also, only 8 days paid holiday? Who would want to be working on Christmas Eve? Most places have 12-18 days paid holidays.

sinking ship

I have been working at DBL Distributing

Pros

If you are a pretty girl, a yes man, or if you excell at the art of flattery, you will be well rewarded for just showing up.

Cons

A culture of dishonesty and non accountability. Executives are pointlessly secretive. No tradition of excellence. Make it cheap. Outsource it. Do the quick fix and leave the broken process in place.

None. There is no fixing those people. I'm only there because a bad job is better than no job in these times.