DBR Engineering Consultants

Not yet rated.

David Day

Great Work Culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat company to work for. Great people make good work environment.

ConsSalary is not always comparable to others in the industry.

Disappointment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsAlot of the people are nice, it was not a hard job, the pay was good

ConsI did everything I was asked to and more and I had a good attitude and but as soon as I told them about my pregnancy, the soon let me go

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should not let anyone go because they were honest about being pregnant, because honestly it could have been hid from you, but because I thought you all were good people and I saw a future with your company, I informed you that I was pregnant and thats when everything seem to change, yes I did notice that it did change. So for future reference please be fair in your decisions.

Great company to work for.

Construction Administrator (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsNice work enviroment. Good pay. Great benefits.

ConsNever saw an oppertunity to grow beyond current position.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer a flow chart, or stepping stones for advancement to employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sweatshop

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsIf you enjoy depression, hair loss, high blood pressure, then sure, you'll love it.
    They have one of the highest turnover rates in the city. Young engineering students
    beware.

ConsArrogant Lifers. Overworked young balding, nervous, sarcastic Engineers and Designers.
    Subtle discrimination against minorities and women.
    Awful environment, managers....high high turnover...you can't make that up or hide it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo the one owner who is left....put your managers back to work in a production sence.
    Bring in caring, considerate managers who understand what it takes to put out a project.
    Bite the bullet and give up some of your profit for training and contract support for your employees.
    You're going to lose projects anyway...everybody in town is tired of your loud mouthed arrogant lifers you have in each 3 disciplines. Read the blogs with an open mind. Make the changes or lose your firm.

Management Needs Training

ProsReally enjoyed working with the Admins and some of the Engineers/Designers.

ConsWorked to many positions and not enough pay. Was not able to move up in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementMain reason not to work at DBR, Management needs to be replaced or take some sort of "How to Appreciate/Respect Their Employees Training". Management is disrespectful and degrading to most employees unless you atteded their alumni. Also, cut the amount of money you receive on bonuses every 3 months and give it to your employees instead.

Worked for DBR Engineering Consultants? Contribute to the Community!