DC Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

DC Group President and CEO Jon Frank

Jon Frank

Good experience, great people to work with

FSE (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsTesting area and warehouse guys - nice people to work with, always helpful and reliable. Excellent chance for professional growth, if you work hard, you are encouraged.

ConsSalary is below average market price

Advice to Senior ManagementMore positive feedback on Monday's meeting :)

Deception at its best!!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLoyal inner circle of employees, so much so they are willing to write false reviews. LOOK at the pattern people, after every bad review comes 2-3, 5 star reviews to offset the negative scores. Even with false reviews they can barely break 50% approval. This company will teach you the deceptive techniques needed for a sales job selling used cars on a gypsy lot.

ConsNo training for any department, the small orientation they provide doesn't match the expectation that management places on employees. All departments are mandated to lie to customers, "tell them we can deliver, we will figure it out as we go" is the mantra they live by.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pumping in those false reviews on glassdoor, your approval rating at .500 is only good as a baseball stat.

Working for DC Group

ProsTo have the privilege to work for a company that is growing by leaps and bounds in this day and age is a wonderful feeling. I have worked here for quite some time and I very much enjoy my job. If you do your job and you are good at your job you will succeed here. The people I work with are like family; everyone has to work together to make the operation work. I love that DC Group is active in the community; as an example we volunteer to clean the river bank in front of the office (on company time) and we do fundraisers for charities throughout the year. The culture of this office has changed for the better in the last 6-8 months and I am very happy and proud to be a part of it.

ConsNot really a con... but with growing as quickly as DC Group is there will naturally be growing pains. There is always a ton to do and you are never bored. Some times you have to work long days but as the saying goes "you get what you put in."

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you are unemployed it’s a job, but not a career move.

(Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsInteresting work, friendly co-workers, company tries to introduce novel and fun ways of motivating staff, management willing to help but…….

ConsCEO is an insecure bully. No management or social skills, no logic or thought behind decisions, consequently horrendous staff turnover and a stressed working atmosphere. Company is in a great market but not maximizing it's potential.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecide on a strategy, communicate to the staff and stick to it, no one knows the company’s goals. When you decide to get rid of someone tell the staff and more importantly the customers, better still (but improbable) try and hang on to your staff.

I am very happy here!

National Sales Executive (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsGrowing company with a bright future. Great work-life balance and options for choosing your own hours. Ability to work at your own pace and at your own comfort level as long as you are meeting goals. Management is helpful and available as needed. Small company with a "family" feel. I enjoy what I do and who I work with. It feels great to be a part of a growing company!

ConsMy only challenge is the commute during the winter :(

Run don't walk away from this company

ProsThe location is somewhat convenient

ConsEverything about the company. They ask to to LIE to customers about DC Groups size and capabilities. I have been yelled at for telling the truth to a customer, that we could not perform a service. Technicians have been yelled at for performing walk through's and admitting to the customer they were not trained on their make and model of UPS. There are stories in the sales department about sales execs being encouraged to give customers lap dances while on sales calls; I know this to be true.This company has no mission statement, my recommendations are "MAKE THE SALE AT ALL COSTS" or "Each employee must choose between Revenue and Integrity, at DC Group you cannot have botht"

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy bother, CEO would only have ANOTHER notorious fit of rage and take out his anger on some innocent bystander.

Difficult management

Sales Executive (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsComfortable office and working environment. Coworkers were supportive and understood the difficulty pleasing the owner so we knew we were all in it together

Consowner, jon frank is not a stable leader. he changes his mind on a whim and doesn't follow through with most of his ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive some careful consideration to a strategy and then stick to it.

Do not work here! The worst company to ever work for in Minnesota.

Sales Executive (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsThere are no pros. They take advantage of there employees. They have fired 49 sales people in 2 years and 2 sales managers. There goal is to have you develop their business then they fire you so they don't have to pay you.

ConsThey think because Minnesota is an "At will State". They can fire you at anytime with no reason given.

1. They will fire you before paying commission.
    2. You are salary but you have to punch a time clock.
    3. When you travel for the company and you day begins at 8am and you don't get home till 11pm you are only given credit for 9 hours.
    4. Stay away from one tenured reps (if you work there you will know who it is). Their goal is to get your fired so they can get your accounts.
    5. You are required to make 50 calls per day but the tenured reps are not (if you work there you know who they are).
    6. Health benefit are not good.
    7. No vision

Advice to Senior ManagementJon Frank is like "Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. He has no social skills, he takes advantage of his employees by firing them before he has to pay commission. All upper manager have no morals or values because they are afraid to say anything to Jon Frank.

Hostile work environment

Technician (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsA few select peers will collaborate and essentially hold the entire company together. I gave you 1 star on some of these that was overly generous

ConsHostile work environment, CEO is prone to temper tantrums and random firings to set an example. Leadership is by fear alone, check your competency at the door.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot worth my time as would fall on deaf ears.

So much potential, so disappointing, so little leadership

Sales Executive (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsTrue opportunity within specific industry

ConsHighest turnover ever seen: owner fires people- sales executives, sales managers, technicians and technical support employees- depending on how he feels on any given day, with little to no prior notice or opportunity to discuss a plan to make things work. As a result, employees left to wonder when their turn will come. Owner also prone to unprofessional screaming fits. Average tenure of sales executives: less than a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is nothing that can be done to change a moody and "always right" owner.

Worked for DC Group? Contribute to the Community!