DC Group Reviews

Interesting

Current Employee - National Sales Executive  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - National Sales Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at DC Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Travel and the possibility of making commission

Cons

Very unstable work environment. The owner, John, fires people randomly for no reason.

Good experience, great people to work with

Former Employee - FSE  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - FSE in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at DC Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Testing area and warehouse guys - nice people to work with, always helpful and reliable. Excellent chance for professional growth, if you work hard, you are encouraged.

Cons

Salary is below average market price

More positive feedback on Monday's meeting :)

This company does not value its employees

I worked at DC Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

No Pro's at this company. "DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY". Someday the truth will come out about this company.

Cons

This company has fired over 63 people in two years. These hard working employees sell to large accounts/Mid Size accounts and when it is time to pay commission your services are no longer needed. This makes DC Group bottom line number look better than they are to other customers wanting to use DC Group service, current customers and lending companies.

The CEO should sale the company to someone with Morals and Values. Jon Frank takes advantages of his employees and lies to his customers. I wish his father was still alive running this company!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Deception at its best!!!!

I worked at DC Group

Pros

Loyal inner circle of employees, so much so they are willing to write false reviews. LOOK at the pattern people, after every bad review comes 2-3, 5 star reviews to offset the negative scores. Even with false reviews they can barely break 50% approval. This company will teach you the deceptive techniques needed for a sales job selling used cars on a gypsy lot.

Cons

No training for any department, the small orientation they provide doesn't match the expectation that management places on employees. All departments are mandated to lie to customers, "tell them we can deliver, we will figure it out as we go" is the mantra they live by.

Keep pumping in those false reviews on glassdoor, your approval rating at .500 is only good as a baseball stat.

If you are unemployed it’s a job, but not a career move.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at DC Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting work, friendly co-workers, company tries to introduce novel and fun ways of motivating staff, management willing to help but…….

Cons

CEO is an insecure bully. No management or social skills, no logic or thought behind decisions, consequently horrendous staff turnover and a stressed working atmosphere. Company is in a great market but not maximizing it's potential.

Decide on a strategy, communicate to the staff and stick to it, no one knows the company’s goals. When you decide to get rid of someone tell the staff and more importantly the customers, better still (but improbable) try and hang on to your staff.

I am very happy here!

Current Employee - National Sales Executive  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - National Sales Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at DC Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Growing company with a bright future. Great work-life balance and options for choosing your own hours. Ability to work at your own pace and at your own comfort level as long as you are meeting goals. Management is helpful and available as needed. Small company with a "family" feel. I enjoy what I do and who I work with. It feels great to be a part of a growing company!

Cons

My only challenge is the commute during the winter :(

Run don't walk away from this company

I have been working at DC Group

Pros

The location is somewhat convenient

Cons

Everything about the company. They ask to to LIE to customers about DC Groups size and capabilities. I have been yelled at for telling the truth to a customer, that we could not perform a service. Technicians have been yelled at for performing walk through's and admitting to the customer they were not trained on their make and model of UPS. There are stories in the sales department about sales execs being encouraged to give customers lap dances while on sales calls; I know this to be true.This company has no mission statement, my recommendations are "MAKE THE SALE AT ALL COSTS" or "Each employee must choose between Revenue and Integrity, at DC Group you cannot have botht"

Why bother, CEO would only have ANOTHER notorious fit of rage and take out his anger on some innocent bystander.

Difficult management

I worked at DC Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Comfortable office and working environment. Coworkers were supportive and understood the difficulty pleasing the owner so we knew we were all in it together

Cons

owner, jon frank is not a stable leader. he changes his mind on a whim and doesn't follow through with most of his ideas.

Give some careful consideration to a strategy and then stick to it.

Do not work here! The worst company to ever work for in Minnesota.

I worked at DC Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are no pros. They take advantage of there employees. They have fired 49 sales people in 2 years and 2 sales managers. There goal is to have you develop their business then they fire you so they don't have to pay you.

Cons

They think because Minnesota is an "At will State". They can fire you at anytime with no reason given.

1. They will fire you before paying commission.
    2. You are salary but you have to punch a time clock.
    3. When you travel for the company and you day begins at 8am and you don't get home till 11pm you are only given credit for 9 hours.
    4. Stay away from one tenured reps (if you work there you will know who it is). Their goal is to get your fired so they can get your accounts.
    5. You are required to make 50 calls per day but the tenured reps are not (if you work there you know who they are).
    6. Health benefit are not good.
    7. No vision

Jon Frank is like "Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. He has no social skills, he takes advantage of his employees by firing them before he has to pay commission. All upper manager have no morals or values because they are afraid to say anything to Jon Frank.

Hostile work environment

Current Employee - Technician  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Technician in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at DC Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

A few select peers will collaborate and essentially hold the entire company together. I gave you 1 star on some of these that was overly generous

Cons

Hostile work environment, CEO is prone to temper tantrums and random firings to set an example. Leadership is by fear alone, check your competency at the door.

Not worth my time as would fall on deaf ears.

Worked for DC Group? Contribute to the Community!