DC Prep

DC Prep-cool place to work

Teacher (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at DC Prep

Proseffective school culture; awesome colleagues; great principal; parents actively involved; relevant professional developments; students move into excellent high schools

Consworked 40+ hours to make students excel; PD every Friday; hire more male teachers; give students free/exercise time

Advice to Senior Managementallow great teachers to move into leadership and do trainings

tons of fun, if by fun you mean work

Teacher (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at DC Prep

ProsDC Prep is a mission-based organization with lots of fun, motivated young teachers. Every single colleague was really awesome both in and out of the classroom.

ConsIt was not possible to complete the total tasks expected. I was consistently overwhelmed and supervisors were unhelpful when I asked for support in prioritizing. I got a lot of feedback -- too much at times -- and it was sometimes contradictory and further overwhelming.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more paraprofessionals to ease the load on teachers or decrease class size.

Worked for DC Prep? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DC Prep reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by DC Prep employees.