DCL

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Norman Tu

Great, fun experience so far

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsGoing into the job,I was a little skeptical since I didn't know much about freight. Working here so far has been nothing but a positive experience for me. The training I received has been excellent, even though freight can be complicated and perhaps a little dry. The president is easy to work with and has great ideas and an open mind. The other DCL employees have been a joy to work with as well. I have had my share of crummy jobs, consisting of lazy co-workers and disinterested upper management, but this is not the case here. I really shouldn't enjoy working as much as I do here...

ConsI wish the company would have more social events

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring smart, hard workers! And have more social events

Poor Work Environment!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsI enjoyed the employees who worked there. Learned a lot about freight and fulfillment that I did not have prior experience in.

ConsUpper management and ownership are extremely paranoid people to work for. Need to worry more about keeping employees happy as well as customers. Staff is very underpaid and overworked for what they are expected to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementOwnership: Stop the paranoid tendencies. Pay your employees and keep the customers happy. Do more social events as well.

Overworked and underpaid

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLove the people and laid back environment

ConsEmployees are underpaid, overworked, and it is a very unorganized company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Productive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of work--good job security. There's always something to do and you get to work with great people.

ConsLots of work--sometimes overwhelming. Good variety of projects to get a behind-the-scenes look at design, but can be very demanding on personal time

My experience with DCL was tenuous.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Ontario, CA

ProsDCL appears to be a financially stable company with a strong balance sheet. They are ISO compliant and have a robust (extensive) system for identifying customer needs. Highly secure environment that protects the interests of its client and laborers alike.

ConsDCL's culture does not take personnel development into consideration, nor does the leadership have any interest in doing so. The majority of employees that work there are temporary laborers and finding their way into the organization is nearly impossible. The company's executive leadership looks for deficits in the operations and does not recognize positive work effort. There have been no merit increases in four years, even for top performers. Work hours are long for exempt salaried personnel and it's leadership has not adequately addressed the root cause of insurmountable quality issues that generate tens of corrective action reports daily. I will not describe what I know of the details here, but I find the company's lack of ethics to it's clients and employees distasteful.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe foundation of any great company is in the way that company develops it's people. If you don't get the people process right, you will continue to live in a world of crisis. Build credibility by doing the right thing. Discontinue the act of deception to your client for your profit.

exposure to all kinds of projects from industrial to miscellaneous

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosteamwork and combined consultancy with construction and other branches of engineering in one multi-national setting.

Consmechanical efficiency not open to creativity or new schools of thought

Worked for DCL? Contribute to the Community!