DCL

Updated November 21, 2014
Updated November 21, 2014
2.2

Norman Tu

Great, fun experience so far

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at DCL full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Going into the job,I was a little skeptical since I didn't know much about freight. Working here so far has been nothing but a positive experience for me. The training I received has been excellent, even though freight can be complicated and perhaps a little dry. The president is easy to work with and has great ideas and an open mind. The other DCL employees have been a joy to work with as well. I have had my share of crummy jobs, consisting of lazy co-workers and disinterested upper management, but this is not the case here. I really shouldn't enjoy working as much as I do here...

Cons

I wish the company would have more social events

Keep hiring smart, hard workers! And have more social events

Concerns

Current Employee - Coordinator in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Fremont, CA

I have been working at DCL full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

DCL is a good place to prepare you for a real company if you decide to leave . I've worked here for over 16 years and have seen many changes. I'm to old to go find another job so I've decided to stick it out. They train well and make sure all procedures are followed. When I first started the management was excellent the then President was a person you wanted to mentor you. I've learned alot from him. He has since turned over the company to his nephew. This is where the CONS begin. Overall DCL Is a good place to work.

Cons

I am not one of the favorites in the company so I try to stay under the radar and just do my job. About a year and 1/2 ago the company shifted directions. We got a Senior VP who made alot of meaningless changes and got rid of alot of people who had been with the company for many years. He was a sneak and I know he set up people for failure. His ideas just did not fit the DCL culture. He made a mess of the company and then resigned. Bad guy.
    DCL is a low paying company compared to the Industry standards. They do not give yearly raises or cost of living increases. Let me rephrase that, If you are one of the chosen ones you'll get an increase. I don't blame the directors they are just lap dogs to the owners. They really don't have any power in the company.
    DCL is not a Facebook or a Google. It is a family owned company so big company ideas may not work out here.
    We need a SEASONED president to get this company to go forward.

Give your employees a chance to shine on their own. Take their suggestions. Don't be tyrants.

Poor Work Environment!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I worked at DCL full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed the employees who worked there. Learned a lot about freight and fulfillment that I did not have prior experience in.

Cons

Upper management and ownership are extremely paranoid people to work for. Need to worry more about keeping employees happy as well as customers. Staff is very underpaid and overworked for what they are expected to do.

Ownership: Stop the paranoid tendencies. Pay your employees and keep the customers happy. Do more social events as well.

Overworked and underpaid

I worked at DCL

Pros

Love the people and laid back environment

Cons

Employees are underpaid, overworked, and it is a very unorganized company.

Productive

I worked at DCL

Pros

Lots of work--good job security. There's always something to do and you get to work with great people.

Cons

Lots of work--sometimes overwhelming. Good variety of projects to get a behind-the-scenes look at design, but can be very demanding on personal time

My experience with DCL was tenuous.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I worked at DCL

Pros

DCL appears to be a financially stable company with a strong balance sheet. They are ISO compliant and have a robust (extensive) system for identifying customer needs. Highly secure environment that protects the interests of its client and laborers alike.

Cons

DCL's culture does not take personnel development into consideration, nor does the leadership have any interest in doing so. The majority of employees that work there are temporary laborers and finding their way into the organization is nearly impossible. The company's executive leadership looks for deficits in the operations and does not recognize positive work effort. There have been no merit increases in four years, even for top performers. Work hours are long for exempt salaried personnel and it's leadership has not adequately addressed the root cause of insurmountable quality issues that generate tens of corrective action reports daily. I will not describe what I know of the details here, but I find the company's lack of ethics to it's clients and employees distasteful.

The foundation of any great company is in the way that company develops it's people. If you don't get the people process right, you will continue to live in a world of crisis. Build credibility by doing the right thing. Discontinue the act of deception to your client for your profit.

exposure to all kinds of projects from industrial to miscellaneous

I worked at DCL part-time

Pros

teamwork and combined consultancy with construction and other branches of engineering in one multi-national setting.

Cons

mechanical efficiency not open to creativity or new schools of thought