DCP Midstream LP Reviews

Updated April 23, 2015
60 reviews filtered by
2.6
Wouter van Kempen

Pros
  • Great place ot work and live in Denver (in 5 reviews)

• Good place to work, good work/life balance (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Finding a work life balance sometimes is difficult (in 3 reviews)

• High turnover adds a lot to your already heavy workload (in 3 reviews)

1. Accountant

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I have been working at DCP Midstream LP (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, location and meets basic needs for family benefits

Cons

Hard to move up past manager unless friends with management

Advice to Management

Work together for success and interact with your employees

Mar 31, 2015Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for the feedback! We're glad you're enjoying the benefits. We'll continue to provide some of the best benefits in the industry and offering the SimplyWell program to reduce the overall cost ... More

2. Why I left

Current Employee - Asset Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Asset Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at DCP Midstream LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly work environment that provides ability to learn my aspects of the company

Cons

Failure to have a plan for successful growth. Most people are expected to wear many hats despite qualifications. Recent layoffs have made employees un easy of company vision and the CEO literally told the company we don't deserve bonuses/recognition. It's very unclear about the future of this company at this time and engineering management is ineffective

Advice to Management

Hire and keep talent

Excellent Company

Former Employee - Buyer in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Buyer in Tulsa, OK

I worked at DCP Midstream LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stable company with a good financial outlook. Fair Pay with a constant effort given to be competitive in the marketplace

Cons

Frequent changes in management makes it difficult to assimilate and rise above the change period.

Advice to Management

Slow down the changes to the company and give your employees a sense a stability.

Mar 26, 2015Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review.

DCP Midstream continues to push for operational excellence. While change is difficult, we hope to ensure our stability for the next

Get out

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at DCP Midstream LP

Pros

Aside from the decent insurance benefits there are none to speak of anymore.

Cons

Upper management bragged about how they weathered the recession and how great they were because there were no layoffs. (Technically there were no layoffs but they continued to outsource IT.)
    Well guess what happened in 2015? They laid off 20% of their workforce. It was done not in the fashion DCP would have it's employees believe. I watched as people I considered friends were escorted out and given cab rides home.
    This should come as a surprise from a company that over the last few years touted itself as having a focus on the employees and operations but the sad reality is DCP is no different than any other soulless corporation and I am actively looking to leave as soon as humanly possible. I don't want to be a part of a company that lies to it's employees and treats them with such indifference.

Advice to Management

leave.
    Vouter, Lewis; just stop talking already. We can see you for the insincere, exploitative snakes you are. You ask us about our morale and pretend to listen but don't do anything.

DCP Midstream; The National Helium Plant Upgrade project in Liberal, KS by Azota Gas Processing, Ltd, Houston, TX

Former Employee - Superintendent in Liberal, KS
    Former Employee - Superintendent in Liberal, KS

I worked at DCP Midstream LP

Pros

Well balance work - life in the project upgrade

Cons

Existing plant safety need to be studied.

Advice to Management

Thanks!

Mar 31, 2015Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate the work Azota does for DCP!

Management that just phones it in and HR that doesn't care.

Former Employee - Oklahoma in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Oklahoma in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at DCP Midstream LP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people I worked with were generally respectful, polite and personable. The benefits are pretty decent as well but in the long run that doesn't make up for the cons.

Cons

Management AND HR seem to willfully ignore employee concerns.
    My reason for saying this is that after years of telling my boss I didn't feel engaged, that my skills weren't being used to their fullest, and that I wanted to progress nothing was ever addressed.
    I gave up trying to understand what my boss wanted and spoke to HR. Ultimately their recommendation was to have a mediated discussion with HR present.
    The first HR rep I worked with said they would arrange everything but they, as polite as they were, failed to do so and ended up leaving that position for another position in the company.
    They never followed up with me.
    The second time I brought this to HR I explained what happened with the previous HR rep and again requested the mediated discussion. Instead of arranging the meeting as I requested this second HR member I spoke with went directly to my boss to "express my concerns" even though I told her that I felt like we had hit a wall and formally requested a 3rd party be present.
    You can imagine how that went.
    I should note that during this whole ordeal I found out I was supposed to be receiving a "9 box" review/coaching session twice a year. The only time that was given to me the -entire- time this gentleman was my supervisor was to explain why he didn't think I deserved a rank advancement.
    I should note that after HR going to him directly that he DID encourage me to use company funds to sign up for some training. It was a seminar titled "How To Communicate Effectively with People."
    IT was held in a conference room at a LaQuinta Inn close to the airport.

To reiterate on continuing education; That decision is up to your direct supervisor's discretion on whether or not they'll approve anything like that. I asked repeatedly and was constantly ignored or told "we'll see but for right now..." Please see my above description of the seminar he assigned to me.

In summary, if I could go back in time to the date I signed on I'd tell myself that the "growth opportunities" my hiring manager used to rationalize my extremely low starting pay are outright lies and to run in the opposite direction.
    Now that I'm gone I can see that nothing was worth the stress and stagnation I suffered enduring such a dead end job with such uncaring management.

Advice to Management

I doubt anything I have to say would be heeded but in case they actually are; please, PLEASE listen to your staff. It's rare that our concerns are unfounded and even if you think they are at least investigate them. You owe us at least that much.

Apr 13, 2015Talent Acquisition Specialist

We’re glad you enjoyed the benefits and overall culture. The goal of Human Resources is to advocate for the people and provide the best possible outcome for both the employees and the business. This ... More

Supply Chain

I worked at DCP Midstream LP

Pros

Hands off management, and competitive compensation.

Cons

Lost touch with the needs of internal stake holders, decisions made in a vacuum (at HQ) with no regard to their impact at the ground level.

Advice to Management

Listen to those who know how things work at the ground level and build solutions around their needs to sustain the business.

Mar 26, 2015Talent Acquisition Specialist

DCP Midstream has re-aligned our goals, placing Operations at the forefront of the company and of greatest importance. Our Operations employees will continue to make the greatest impact and lead the ... More

Company is old fashioned in ideology and management style.

Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff
    Current Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff

I have been working at DCP Midstream LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good medical plan. Good location.

Cons

No advancement if over 40. No experience with modern business practices.

Advice to Management

Listen and appreciate you very experienced new hires. Do not let them die on the vine.

Mar 26, 2015Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

DCP Midstream is working to align our company goals and vision with clear principles. It's often our new hires that can provide a fresh perspective

10. Senior Trader

I worked at DCP Midstream LP

Pros

Relaxed work environment. Mgmt doesn't micro manage

Cons

Politically motivated decision making.

Advice to Management

Decision making skewed by political motivation rather than what's in best interest of company, in my humble opinion.

Mar 26, 2015Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We hope to create an environment that works for everyone. If you have concerns in the future, please feel free to address decisions and our vision

The IT Department is going downhill

Current Employee - IT Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - IT Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at DCP Midstream LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Company Leadership is trying to right the ship in the face of challenging commodity prices

Cons

IT Leadership especially at the top, is only interested in making a name for themselves.

Advice to Management

IT leadership should actually define and stick to a strategy, as it changes from week to week. Look at real ROI

Mar 23, 2015Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback.

The IT Leadership team has reviewed this information and we are taking this feedback very seriously. David Jost, VP of IT, would like to discuss further with you

DCP Midstream LP Photos