DCP Midstream LP Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
1.0
Wouter van Kempen

Pros
  • Great place ot work and live in Denver (in 5 reviews)

• The company as a whole wants to make it into a good place to work (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • This was honestly the most disgusting place I have ever worked with people in high places that will have bad karma for a long long time (in 2 reviews)

• It is such a great place to work that middle management rarely turns over (in 2 reviews)

Lack of understanding workflow

I have been working at DCP Midstream LP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Used to be a place of high quality where the best assets were the employees. Work hours on modified work schedule is the only Pro anymore.

Cons

Management still has rose color glasses on and expects everyone to drink the same cool-aide. Letting go experience that is needed to continue successfully process assets and revenue not top priority obviously. Unfortunately moving functions to Denver without incentives to keep key personnel isn't high on DCPs list of continued success. Can't feed us bull about how great Denver pay and Denver living is and ask people to move without incentive or you will get what your getting, which is what, 95+ % of having to replace critically needed employees. Yep your loosing and have already lost years and years of non replaceable experience. Yes, please pass the grape cool-aide and maybe then your plan will make sense. Good luck Dcp. It's tough watching best in class become classless!!!!

Advice to Management

If you were worried about our customers you would admit your failure in your current plan... They are unhappy as well with lack of knowledge so what will happen when you loose our customers? No more DCP unfortunately.

Went from "best place to work" to "I wouldn't recommend."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at DCP Midstream LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and co-workers. But success or failure depends on the boss you have.

Cons

I was not going to review DCP Midstream until I read HR responses to some of the negative reviews. Trying to put a positive twist on a negative environment is like burying your head in the sand.

Advice to Management

Start really caring about the people who work for you. They are your greatest asset. You don't seem to recognize that.

Jun 12, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. It's a transformative period of DCP. The status quo is no longer good enough. If you see something, say something, even if it's your manager. We created the ... More

DCP IT Department Mediocrity

Former Employee - IT Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - IT Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at DCP Midstream LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generally speaking was a good company, now on the decline. decent benefits

Cons

Generally speaking was a good company, now on the decline. The IT department, cannot execute on large projects; and is interested in Marketing itself and chooses to ignore the obvious issues at the Manager and Director level. Leadership is in denial about their abilities to execute to help the business. It is all talk and meeting that accomplish nothing.

Advice to Management

Need to laser focus on what helps the business. Get rid of mediocre middle management, you know is holding you back!

Jun 23, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We've recently shifted our focus to a new guideline that laser focuses on Operational Excellence. The goal is to make operations our top focus by aligning our ... More

Get out

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Aside from the decent insurance benefits there are none to speak of anymore.

Cons

Upper management bragged about how they weathered the recession and how great they were because there were no layoffs. (Technically there were no layoffs but they continued to outsource IT.) Well guess what happened in 2015? They laid off 20% of their workforce. It was done not in the fashion DCP would have it's employees believe. I watched as people I considered friends were escorted out and given cab rides home. This should come as a surprise from a company that over the last few years touted itself as having a focus on the employees and operations but the sad reality is DCP is no different than any other soulless corporation and I am actively looking to leave as soon as humanly possible. I don't want to be a part of a company that lies to it's employees and treats them with such indifference.

Advice to Management

leave. Vouter, Lewis; just stop talking already. We can see you for the insincere, exploitative snakes you are. You ask us about our morale and pretend to listen but don't do anything.

Management that just phones it in and HR that doesn't care.

Former Employee - Oklahoma in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Oklahoma in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at DCP Midstream LP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people I worked with were generally respectful, polite and personable. The benefits are pretty decent as well but in the long run that doesn't make up for the cons.

Cons

Management AND HR seem to willfully ignore employee concerns. My reason for saying this is that after years of telling my boss I didn't feel engaged, that my skills weren't being used to their fullest, and that I wanted to progress nothing was ever addressed. I gave up trying to understand what my boss wanted and spoke to HR. Ultimately their recommendation was to have a mediated discussion with HR present. The first HR rep I worked with said they would arrange everything but they, as polite as they were, failed to do so and ended up leaving that position for another position in the company. They never followed up with me. The second time I brought this to HR I explained what happened with the previous HR rep and again requested the mediated discussion. Instead of arranging the meeting as I requested this second HR member I spoke with went directly to my boss to "express my concerns" even though I told her that I felt like we had hit a wall and formally requested a 3rd party be present. You can imagine how that went. I should note that during this whole ordeal I found out I was supposed to be receiving a "9 box" review/coaching session twice a year. The only time that was given to me the -entire- time this gentleman was my supervisor was to explain why he didn't think I deserved a rank advancement. I should note that after HR going to him directly that he DID encourage me to use company funds to sign up for some training. It was a seminar titled "How To Communicate Effectively with People." IT was held in a conference room at a LaQuinta Inn close to the airport. To reiterate on continuing education; That decision is up to your direct supervisor's discretion on whether or not they'll approve anything like that. I asked repeatedly and was constantly ignored or told "we'll see but for right now..." Please see my above description of the seminar he assigned to me. In summary, if I could go back in time to the date I signed on I'd tell myself that the "growth opportunities" my hiring manager used to rationalize my extremely low starting pay are outright lies and to run in the opposite direction. Now that I'm gone I can see that nothing was worth the stress and stagnation I suffered enduring such a dead end job with such uncaring management.

Advice to Management

I doubt anything I have to say would be heeded but in case they actually are; please, PLEASE listen to your staff. It's rare that our concerns are unfounded and even if you think they are at least investigate them. You owe us at least that much.

Apr 13, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

We’re glad you enjoyed the benefits and overall culture. The goal of Human Resources is to advocate for the people and provide the best possible outcome for both the employees and the business. This ... More

Actions do not line up with stated strategy, recruitment lies.

Former Employee - Asset Engineer
    Former Employee - Asset Engineer

I worked at DCP Midstream LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My direct manager was great. I worked with many hi-speed individuals who taught me quite a bit in 8 months.

Cons

Many lies and office politics killed the experience for me.

Advice to Management

If you decide to recruit people by claiming that you pay less because you don't have layoffs, then don't lay off 10% of your force.

Mar 26, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the feedback. We're glad you've learned from your manager and other coworkers. DCP hires top talent that brings the company and each ... More

Tough times

Pros

work can be rewarding, mostly independent

Cons

cliques, too many non oil and gas people

Advice to Management

Get you act together

DCP IS company whose executives are only interested in themselves & the common employees are JUST NUMBERS to them; they have NO REGARD FOR the COMMON EMPLOYEE!

I have been working at DCP Midstream LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are NO PROS, get a job at a company that values ALL employees! DCP only values management! They use employees & when they are through with them they throw them out like TRASH! Good example of how they treat the common employee: Management tells you your department is moving to Houston & offer the employees a move then those who take them up on the transfer OFFER they come back & tell them the transfer offer is no longer on the table! Again JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF HOW DCP DOES NOT VALUE THE COMMON EMPLOYEE. The common employee IS TRASH! Use them up & throw them OUT LIKE TRASH!!

Cons

You earn vacation so many weeks per years of service; they changed the vacation policy so that your vacation is now allocated to you each month. If you want to take a long vacation at the beginning of the year -- count that out. This New vacation policy is another prime example of DISREGARD FOR THE COMMON EMPLOYEE!

Advice to Management

Think about the common employee because they ultimately will make or break the company! If DCP doesn't they are DOOMED AS A COMPANY!!! Mark my words!

there were many potentials for a nice working experience, however, all that falls by the wayside due to favoritism.

Former Employee - Worker in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Worker in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at DCP Midstream LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is pretty decent, and they offer more than your average amount of perks to their employees.

Cons

excessive hours crossing the line to unsafe, requiring safe work from fatigued workers. failure to maintain company policies on appropriate behavior in the working environment. policies seem to be all lip service. policies to implement proper training are implemented poorly. all these cons contribute and create a stressful working environment leading to hostile co-workers and management having unsafe and unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Management

Don't bite off more work than you can keep up with reasonably. Bare in the commute between and home when considering increasing hours. The amount of sleep a person needs to work safely isn't a choice (the average is 8 hours) Be consistent with your words. if you say it, mean it. Don't talk out of both sides of your mouth. consider and look into the possibility that if other workers seem to be accomplishing their task in a reasonable time, they may be cutting corners to meet your demand. Others falling short may be perfectly complying to every detail of your list of demands, and falling short because you have given an unreasonable amount of task. That kind of poor management does not create a team of reliable workers.

Worst "boss"

I worked at DCP Midstream LP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

He finally retired. Unfortunately, that isn't enough to help the company. The entire executive team needs to be replaced or the company will continue to go down hill and have high turn-over.

Cons

He is a chauvinist, arrogant, uncaring, two-faced jerk.

RSS Feed </> Embed