DCT Industrial Trust

2.1
Philip L. Hawkins

1. Employee Review

I have been working at DCT Industrial Trust

Pros

Laid back company that offers flexibility for employees

Cons

lack of career path or growth

2. Disappointing

Current Employee - Accounting
    Current Employee - Accounting

I have been working at DCT Industrial Trust full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of the employees are former Prologis. They bring tons of experience with them.

Cons

Toxic atmosphere. Limited training. Lazy support staff cozy up to bigwigs and work against their direct superiors.

Advice to Management

Get rid of lazy support staff who have been here for years and don't produce. Also, have cultural sensitivity classes for foreign-born workers. Sometimes, they say the most disgusting/racist/culturally inappropriate stuff and think that we'll "side with them" because we look the same. Sociopath bosses cozy up to HR and anything you report will get back to them. Get rid of the siege mentality; we can't perform to the best of our abilities if we feel that bosses are constantly looking out for us to fail.

3. Dysfunction at it's finest!

I have been working at DCT Industrial Trust full-time

Pros

Salary and benefits are good. Monthly meetings to update everyone.

Cons

Bosses are only out to make themselves look good and promote themselves. Support staff is treated badly. No point in going to HR with issues, or even upper management, because you get brushed off or told to 'work it out'. Any negative feedback that gets back to bosses results in being treated worse. Super egos at it's best and you'd think you were working for someone really important in the world - because that is how they act. Rude to tenants, even to the point of treating them like they are stupid. Severe micromanagement and self involved personalities are allowed to run the branch and short of them being fired, it will never stop.

Advice to Management

Send in some undercover support staff. See what is truly going on. Look at expenses - more detail and importance is put on what is spent on management's office needs than what is needed in the field and for tenants. Let managers be rated by anonymous survey just like the useless one sent out to tenants. You really think they're going to complain? They already put up with enough, why make it worse?

Dysfunctional

Current Employee - Support Staff in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Support Staff in Denver, CO

I have been working at DCT Industrial Trust full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Overworked and underpaid. Bullying is rife, especially from female bosses. Backstabbing co-workers. HR is a joke, they will never deal with the problem of bullying bosses but will turn on you instead.

Advice to Management

You need to rein in middle-management and inform them that support staff are not their slaves. We come in to work, not to be their friends, lackeys or therapists. The work environment is highly toxic as junior staff feel cornered by the demands of middle management. We are doing our jobs as well as their jobs, and we don't get the credit for it. Middle management use the yearly review process to get back at us for any complaints we make throughout the year. NOTE: Junior staff should be able to review middle management as well, anonymously if possible.