DDC Advocacy

www.ddcadvocacy.com

DDC Advocacy Reviews

3.3

B.R. McConnon

Good company to work for!

Pros

DDC Advocacy really is a pretty good place to work. I have been here close to 4 years now and am very happy. I also don't understand many of the comments here about senior management and lack of upward mobility. In my experience senior management has been very accessible and generous. The employee benefits and worklife balance are awesome, and I have seen a number of people get promoted during my time here.

Cons

It's a small company of about 100 people so you get to know everyone very quickly. Office location is not near the metro

Office location is not ideal, explore other options.

Languishing.

Pros

Decent compensation and benefits. Generally good coworker relations, free soda, frequent free food, sports events etc.

Cons

Bonus and raise structure is a joke (be prepared to be punished every quarter because Bob in sales didn't meet his psychotically "optimistic" goals, even though you work in Accounting), constant pointless reorganizations, less than zero upper management recognition of accomplishments outside the boardroom apart from friends and political connections, minimum resources provided, no support for education/training etc., nano-management of time. Location is nice, but feels like working on a cruise ship adrift in the middle of the ocean. Despite supposedly being non-partisan, it is made painfully clear this ship lists more heavily to starboard than the Costa Concordia.

None.

Good

Pros

Cool Work culture for young professional

Cons

Pay not market rate, hence a little frustrating.

I have no advice for management.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great potential stifled by bad middle mgmt

Pros

Good smart low level workhorses
    Nice perks
    Sound tech platform

Cons

Management has no idea of its peoples worth
    Tendency to hire unsuited people managers
    Politics and micromanagement rampant
    Talk is given more importance than work
    Efforts of a committed few are thwarted by the boisterous managers
    Work life balance must be checked in at the door

Watch your managers
    Care for those that really work
    Mind the cronyism

Fun company

Pros

Young and fun group to work with

Cons

I wish I was paid more

Great company - really enjoy working here!

Pros

I have been with DDCA for almost a year and the best part of working here has been the people. Everyone is friendly and goes out of their way to make new employees feel welcome. Other positives include the casual work environment, wonderful benefits, good work/life balance, office events including a St. Patrick's Day, Halloween and employee holiday party. I would recommend working here to everyone I know!

Cons

None - this is a great place to work.

Appreciate the continued concerted effort to keep employees informed and feeling appreciated. Keep up the good work!

DC Area Employment, at Its Finest!

Current Employee - Finance and Accounting  in  Oxon Hill, MD
    Current Employee - Finance and Accounting in Oxon Hill, MD

Pros

This is the best company that I've worked! From the diverse and educated employee base to the level of service the company provides to its clients, I see nothing but success in the company's future. The technology is second to none and the company continually reinvests in itself to stay ahead of the competition. The company believes in a strong work/life balance, which is imperative in the current workforce.

Cons

I really can't think of any downsides to working here at DDC Advocacy. At first, it was tough to adjust to the the National Harbor location, but overtime this has become easier as the National Harbor has continued to expand and add some great restaurants.

It is evident that the company is expanding as time passes, and I would emphasis that management should continue to improve upon communications. Other than that, keep up the great work!

One of the best companies to work for!

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist  in  Oxon Hill, MD
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Oxon Hill, MD

Pros

I have had the most wonderful experience working for DDC Advocacy. The company culture is indescribable. The employees are knowledgeable, helpful, and accomplished. The Senior Management team is not far from that either - they have a steady streamline approach to maintaining a successful business. Overall, DDC Advoacay is a company all would thoroughly enjoy and thrive working for!

Cons

There are no cons other than the fact that it is not Metro accessible. Overall, it's a wonderful place to work!

Keep doing what you're doing to maintain the constant stream of sucess!

Account Director

Former Employee - Account Management  in  Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Account Management in Alexandria, VA

Pros

Clients are generally high-profile companies.

Cons

Management is completely out of touch with employees and, at times, disrespectful.

If culture does not change, top talent will continue to leave.

I would not recommend working at DDC

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Pros

DDC pays competitively and offers a relatively lax work environment. They also have free parking and free soda and coffee in the common area.

Cons

DDC has a very poor company culture. Some departments seem closer than others, but in general its not a pleasant or positive place to work. In an office with fewer than 150 staff, the partners and senior management don't know the first or last names of many of the employees. People are also not treated fairly, for instance, employees who have excelled at their jobs for many years are given cubicles to work from while newer, less senior staff are given offices. There seems to be an overall vibe that people are not appreciated.

I would recommend that leadership and upper management attempt to get to know their employees better and facilitate more open communication. There seems to be a disconnect between what the worker bees experience and believe they need to succeed vs. what management sees and believes is needed in the company.

Worked for DDC Advocacy? Contribute to the Community!