DDI (Delivery Drivers Inc.) Reviews

Aaron Hageman

Actual DDI office employee

Current Employee - Marketing Lead in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Lead in Irvine, CA

Pros

DDI is a fantastic company! We have actual employees who work here in the Irvine office and then there are self employed drivers who hire DDI to handle their Accounting and Insurance needs. Some of the reviews on here say they are for DDI but are actually should be directed to the Restaurant Marketing Service the drivers partner with.

Cons

None that I can think of!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. Worse place i ever worked !

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in San Diego, CA

Pros

NO PROS ON THIS PLAE , YOU PAY TO WORK !

Cons

There was days i drove for them more than 120 miles in one day, in the end of the day i was with $ 20,00 made , so i drove the entire day to pay my gas . I was a really hard worker and they never saw , ONCE they made the mistake on the restaurante i had to drive back and they made a mistake again and i was the one who had to pay .. so i woke up in the morning to pay them to work LOL . only making people as a idiots, only a few people there was able to make money the managers ( LOL ) , they took the most expensives orders and give us the worst 10$ - 20 $ tip ... do you really think i leave my house to make $20 bucks ? SHAME ON YOU !

Advice to Management

Leave this place .

Alright

Pros

Freedom and working alone good

Cons

Depends on who you work for

Advice to Management

Care about your employees

5. Delivery driver

Former Freelancer - Delivery Driver in Temecula, CA
    Former Freelancer - Delivery Driver in Temecula, CA

I worked at DDI (Delivery Drivers Inc.) (Less than a year)

Pros

None whatsoever! Run away as fast as you can!!!

Cons

Everything: you use YOUR own car, YOUR own gas, YOUR wear and tear, YOUR own cell phone/data, you purchase the food carriers they provide PLUS you pay for every DMV report and admin fees and occupational insurance et etc etc. in the end the government views your employment as an independent contractor so you then have to pay 5x the amount as most of Americans filing taxes because your income statement from them is a 1099. Long story short: they us YOUR labor at YOUR expense and have YOU pay all their fees for advertising and marketing etc. DON'T DO IT!!! RUN RUN RUN!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Stop screwing over your employees unless you're willing to break your own backs to do that same work they do for you to fill your pockets with money meanwhile we as employees pay all your expenses with our measly monetary compensation.

Just another company with a rich guy taking all the money

Former Contractor - Delivery Driver in Tampa, FL
    Former Contractor - Delivery Driver in Tampa, FL

I worked at DDI (Delivery Drivers Inc.) as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

You meet new people

Cons

You only get $3 a delivery.. that's pathetic. I can't believe this is actually allowed.. if think about it $3×10 is only $30 so you have to really bust it.. but working harder still doesn't matter it's costing you more in gas and wear and Tate on your car than you make in $$

Advice to Management

This is my advice quit get everyone to start up a partition because drivers are getting raped

Only if you're hard on times.

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at DDI (Delivery Drivers Inc.) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you don't like life work here. The hours are terrible and pay is even worse.

Cons

No time for yourself. They work you day and night with no regard for your wallet. The company has you drive everywhere, then they get paid more for the transaction than you. The worker only gets a small portion of the fee. This significant lowers your tip. The company charges the customer a transaction fee, delivery fee, and then expects them to want to tip.. Next thing is that you can work all year, and still not make enough to make profit after the damage to your vehicle is paid for. Repairs don't equal the pay for a years worth of work.

Advice to Management

Treat employees better. Just because you get paid salary, doesn't mean you should treat us bad. We only get tips...

Working with DDI for Resturants On The Run

Current Freelancer - Delivery Driver in Irvine, CA
    Current Freelancer - Delivery Driver in Irvine, CA

Pros

The main benefit is that you can choose the shifts and days you work.

Cons

I made 3 deliveries one week with the tips amounting to $59.42, and delivery fees $39.97 and $0.75 cents for a discount for marketing. However, the deductions include: -$5.99 for accidental insurance, -$6.00 to lease equipment(each shift you pay $3), and -$32.47(This amount changes weekly and increases as you get more orders) for marketing for restaurants on the run. So after 3 deliveries I made $55.65. I also had to buy my own delivery cart and ice chest to store drinks. Consider gas and mileage being used on your car too. You also pay for an MVR report which is the DMV report every six months($14.99) and a background check ($25) in the first month. What I've gained working here so far has been learning to interact with restaurants and businesses.

Worker Exploitation

Current Freelancer - Deliver Driver in Boise, ID
    Current Freelancer - Deliver Driver in Boise, ID

I have been working at DDI (Delivery Drivers Inc.) (More than a year)

Pros

None that I can think off

Cons

DDI claims employees to be "contractors" as a means to circumvent minimum wage laws. The pay by commission can come out to be way less than minimum wage. Drivers are also responsible for providing their own gas/insurance/equipment and must pay to become a licensed contractors. Worked for a company that partnered with DDI, before partnering with DDI we were paid minimum wage, after partnering, our wage dropped to around 4$ an hour. Whether or not this is legal is subject to debate and interpretation, but there is no doubt that this is an unethical practice.

Advice to Management

Do not exploit your workers to gain a competitive advantage.

Aggravation

Current Contractor - Driver in Columbia, SC
    Current Contractor - Driver in Columbia, SC

I have been working at DDI (Delivery Drivers Inc.) as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Its nice to drive around the city and meet people

Cons

Not paid enough, no mileage reimbursement, Corporate is a mess, and DDI in general is no good.

Advice to Management

Employees are humans! Treat us with dignity and respect.

Old review that no longer matters

Pros

Good earnings for sales people

Cons

Poor company cultural from top down

RSS Feed </> Embed