DDN (Wisconsin) Reviews

Reset
2.6
Dan Johnson
1 Rating

1. A Company on the Rise!

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at DDN (Wisconsin) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its great to be a part of a company that has a clear vision with an end-to-end solution. The leadership is investing in products and people. The passion to win has never been higher. I realize in the past the perception has been rather negative but those of us here now believe in the future of this company. Everyone is aligned in delighting our customers and beating the competition. DDN is a large start up and still encounters the issues associated with growing pains of a company of this size. Its not perfect by any means, but what company is? And evolving and overcoming those issues are what is fun and provides us an opportunity to be a part of building something great. Coming from a company with over 120,000 employees, the issues DDN is facing are just different issue than any other larger company. Its awesome that DDN is the only storage vendor in the Challenger and/or Leaders Quadrant that is under $1Billion in sales. I also have heard of complaints regarding Paul Bloch and Alex Bouzari but I have to tell you I see vision, passion and excitement from these two leaders. Comparing the leadership at DDN versus other large companies I would take someone with passion, drive and creativity over the large corporate mentality of complacency. DDN is not a place for passiveness. If you are someone that desires leadership, passion, can-do attitude and a strong desire to win then you should be a part of where DDN is going!

Cons

Listen to the intellectual capacity within the organization. Some of the brightest minds are working at DDN. Harness collective ideas to maintain that market relevancy and customer support. Don’t forget what made this company great!

Advice to Management

Let the employees see your passion and your love for the company and the employees. I have witness this love for the employees first hand. “Love” is a awkward word that most people in the business wold shy away from. I have to say, seeing the love you have for the people of DDN is the driving force behind the passion you both bring. And I want to be a part of that! If the employees believe in you and the mission of DDN, great things can be accomplished. Seek balance and diversity. People love to see the passion you posses. I love how you lean into every opportunity and every engagement. However, embrace a diversity of talents as it will make the fabric of this company stronger. Trying to win through brut force is not always the answer. Listen to the collective ideas and seek to understand their position(s). The place that “can-do” attitude behind making some of these creative ideas happen. DDN can execute like no other company when everyone is aligned behind the idea. That is what will take this company to the next level.

2. Like an abusive relationship

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at DDN (Wisconsin) (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are smart and hard working.

Cons

They had all the pieces for something great, yet missed the window of opportunity. They just tried to do too much too fast and quality suffered. Both in the products and in management. Disappointing.

Advice to Management

People work for people not companies. Humble yourself and show some appreciation and respect. You put the core values on business cards yet it is a joke. Read them. Everyday.

3. Good at first, now changing

I have been working at DDN (Wisconsin) full-time

Pros

OK benefits, OK retirement program, quality middle management.

Cons

Frequent management changes result in vision changes. Currently planning a move to downtown Milwaukee from a northern suburb of Menomonee Falls.

Advice to Management

Value employees and their work-life balance requirements. Moving this company will negatively impact nearly all employees. Limit change, limit

5. Company was figuring ways to generate rev

I worked at DDN (Wisconsin)

Pros

Private, smaller company but need to focus more in the market

Cons

management needs to study the market and seek sales

There is definetly a glass ceiling.

I have been working at DDN (Wisconsin)

Pros

Co workers are nice and seem to care. People here seem willing to work as hard as they can.

Cons

Low pay, no recognition when doing tough work. Outrageous supervisor who does not know how to talk to employees. Very rude supervisor. Supervisors show favoritism. Communication is horrible and don't expect a nice raise they only give you pennies for a raise.

Advice to Management

You need to pay more attention to you employees. Depts are paid less then others and do way more work. Wake up!!!!

7. Nice to be part of highly Talented people..

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at DDN (Wisconsin)

Pros

Moving in right direction Latest Techonologies Competitive Pay

Cons

Less Benefits, Perks. Nothing much except above.

Advice to Management

Offer some incentives to employees to encourage them.

It's a job....

I have been working at DDN (Wisconsin)

Pros

Co-workers, for the most part a great and people really do care about doing the best job they can do.

Cons

Poor investment in technology, no clear career development path, favoritism in male promotions over the past 6 years, lack of senior management espousing company values. No one cares what employees at any level have to say...ever, so we all just keep quiet and march to a failing tune. People who clearly should have been let go are still here dragging down the overall team and it is demoralizing. Go to HR and you're next in line to get fired; we've seen that happen to two employees. Why do great work if mediocrity is continuously rewarded simply because it happens to come from a male - - even after other VP's have complained about this individual!

Advice to Management

Wake up. Your greatest asset walks out the door every afternoon and evening. Once the economy improves, many will not return.

DDN

I have been working at DDN (Wisconsin)

Pros

Interested in ways to improve the company

Cons

Not taking any action to improve the culture or adhere to the corporate mission statement

Advice to Management

You really need to wake up and pay attention to your employees or experience will start walking out the door as the economy improves

10. effrayant awful

Current Employee - Directeur in Paris (France)
    Current Employee - Directeur in Paris (France)

I have been working at DDN (Wisconsin) full-time (More than a year)

(Translated from English)

Pros

il n'ya aucune raison pour y travailler

no reason to work there

Cons

Une direction très discrète.

very low profile top management

Advice to Management

Rien à dire

Nothing to say