DEI Holdings

Updated July 30, 2014
3.8

Jim Minarik

Good People, Good working environment

I worked at DEI Holdings full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great Corporate Culture, Great people, awesome wellness program including a gym onsite and great vending choices, competitive pay, clear communication on the company values, gives back to the community with their charity Forte

Cons

No room for growth, they don't promote a good work life balance, they lack clear policies and procedures, they don't hold management accountable, restructures the companies organizational chart often

A reconnection with the employees is needed, with senior management. I encourage coffee chats again with the CEO & CFO

Directed - Slowly Rebuilding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vista, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vista, CA

I have been working at DEI Holdings full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company was heading down hill for a while before the old CEO came back. Outlook is getting better, but will take multiple years to get back to where it was.

Cons

Communication between departments needs work. Each group is fragmented from each other and sometimes discussions feels forced.

No ladder here to climb. Always hearing rumors of a sell off (Directed side) does not help the moral around the office.

Strangest Place I've ever worked.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Vista, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Vista, CA

I worked at DEI Holdings as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

None that I could see.

Cons

In my eventful life as a software engineer, I worked for a short time for Directed Electronics in Vista. I got placed here by Robert Half for a contract to hire. The IT department guys that I had to work with acted like high school kids. They were incredibly rude, alienating, petty. In any case, horribly unprofessional. The fact that I was a contractor contributed to that, but they did similar things to other full-time members of their own team. The manager was a complete jerk as well. The crazy thing was, at the end of my contract (I was counting down the seconds to get out of there), they offered me a full time job! I basically told them that I had zero interest in working for/with a group like that. In their revenge they brought in another contractor, that I had to verbally approve in a meeting with all the staff present, after I did so they then took the opportunity to literally say "were looking for someone not like me".

Grow up and act professional not like some white trash car stereo company.

Great Company

I have been working at DEI Holdings full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great direction and product lines

Cons

none to speak of today

Great people, great company, great culture!

I have been working at DEI Holdings full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I haven't been here as long as most people have. They have knowledgeable, tenured employees who have a passion for what they do. It's exciting to come to work each day where there is a positive energy throughout the building and true respect for each and every position.

Cons

Like any company, they have some work to do in the area of communication. Visions are only as good as the amount of people that are aware of them! They are investing money in the company but shouldn't forget that it doesn't cost much to have a thorough communication plan that is required to ensure all employees feel informed.

I think that so many people are very loyal and dedicated and have been taking on more and more work without the added recognition. We need to do a better job of that and communication.