DENSO Reviews

Updated September 5, 2014
Updated September 5, 2014
2.8

Nobuaki Katoh

Management has the right to MISMANAGE anyway they see fit and they are doing a heck of a job!!!

I have been working at DENSO

Pros

Good people in skilled trades.......Used to be more before they were ran out.

Cons

The previous person is out of touch. They do not value their employees. There are many opportunities but only if you are willing to suck your way there. People are overworked because management abuses them until they finally quit and that leaves less people to do the job. I have been involved in making improvements but got in trouble for doing so.

How's the new Hyundai business working out for us? Perfect example of MISMANAGEMENT!!!!
    Instead of missing trucks we are missing planes!!!!
    Way to start out new business with a new customer. Try to get our foot in the door for new business and mismanagement blows the foot off!!!!
    Management has nobody to blame but themselves.
    For advice. How about we focus on getting a new product around before it goes mass instead of after the fact!!!!!!!

STAY AWAY!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I worked at DENSO full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ummmm......whenever I think of one I will add a second review

Cons

Condescending managers that create a hostile work environment, whenever a complaint is made to HR, nothing is done about it. Not to mention the sexual harassment and nepotism. The company file on the "troublemakers" is ridiculous but, no action is taken. Whenever an issue occurs you will get a different answer 125% of the time! There is so much drama and there is an apparent lack of resources to do your job.

Stop enabling the problem(s) and eliminate them!

Management is a Nightmare

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Maryville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryville, TN

I have been working at DENSO full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They employed me full time.

Cons

Redneck management (including females). Management that has been there too long should and that is dead weight should be retired. Treat hourly employees poorly. Technical knowledge is poor. Culture is one of 1972. Managers and section leaders talk about other managers and their chain of command poorly. This is NOT a progressive company.

Retire if you a dead weight. Don't bad mouth your chain of command (your boss) to your direct reports.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible skilled trades management low morale too much overtime

Current Employee - Matenance  in  Battle Creek, MI
    Current Employee - Matenance in Battle Creek, MI

I have been working at DENSO full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Make good money no layoffs

Cons

Skilled trades management is terrible one of them shut some guys in a furnace and they promoted him the morale is really bad the company has taken away so much from the workers. They want to write people up so they can show there power this is a terrible way to deal with people

Get the floor maintenance management out of the building and get somebody that knows what is going on in there that is why people are leaving

LOw on working experience quality

Former Employee - Production Engineer
    Former Employee - Production Engineer

I worked at DENSO as an intern for less than a year

Pros

easy manufacturing, better production layout

Cons

no caring on part of workers....no safety ....

Respect guys who work for you

Rapidly becoming a typical American automotive supply company, and that is a bad thing.

Current Employee - Technician  in  Maryville, TN
    Current Employee - Technician in Maryville, TN

I have been working at DENSO full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I used to think there might be some, not anymore. Steady pay until I can find another job.

Cons

Total dis-involvement from executive level. Crisis management is the normal way of operation. Lack of trust. Lack of communication. More resources given over to finding who to place blame with than to resolving the crisis of the hour. No training. No reliable communication from leadership. Serious lack of trust in management. All leaders are moving in different directions. All risk and crisis management is reactionary. I hear members of the so-called leadership team openly bad mouth and disparage the company and senior management and executives. Very low morale and low quality of life. Equipment is neglected and the TPM/PM systems are a joke at best. If production is threatened in any way; safety, maintenance, and any proactive plan will be summarily pushed aside without hesitation. I have heard the maintenance group repeatedly complain that they want to fix breakdowns properly, but the "DENSO Way" has become just get it running vice making a permanent repair.

It is far to late for the current management/executive hierarchy to learn from and fix the problems they have created. Only the Japanese finally saying Jūbun'na! and cleaning out some offices soon can keep Denso from becoming another Delphi.

Low Moral,Low Pay, Mis Managed, No Communication. Drama

Current Employee - Maintenance  in  Battle Creek, MI
    Current Employee - Maintenance in Battle Creek, MI

I have been working at DENSO full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of Work, Company provided tools. Company provided Uniform.

Cons

Company Managment doesn't understand Maintenance (Skilled Trades) needs. Compare pay with only Automotive Companies. Maintenance(Skilled Trades) is not tied to Automotive ONLY. Maintenance(Skilled Trades) is only tied to a machine. A Tier 1 company should base pay off of surrounding area. Top Pay should be reached within a short time. Denso has a "Qualification Card". All Skilled Trades are already Qualified!! We don't need Denso Management to tell us that!! We already went thru our Apprenticeship. Denso Management is spreading rumors of a 12 hour shifts to get rid of overtime. Management can't manage their people. So instaed of dealing with the individual, they punish everyone. Send mass email to all, instead of dealing with that individual.

Get rid of Qual Card!! Base pay on Surrounding Companies. Make top pay with in a year. Communicate. Stop spreading rumors (Management). Deal with their issues and stop punishing everyone.

underaprieciates there employees and will let you go at the drop of a hat

Former Employee - Machine Operator  in  Battle Creek, MI
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Battle Creek, MI

I worked at DENSO as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

better than average machienist pay

Cons

no life, lots of overtime

your employees need a life outside of work. they cant continually run twelve hour days seven days a week

Good experience, but slow career growth.

Current Employee - Service Engineer
    Current Employee - Service Engineer

I have been working at DENSO full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good opportunity of learning technically and management.

Cons

Bad salaries compared to others specially it is a huge company.
    Lack of promotion system.

Think about life expenses and compare your staff salary schemes with the local companies.
    Hold your experienced employees and promote them.

I had a great time working with the smaller company but didn't learn a lot

I worked at DENSO

Pros

Wrote my own ticket to move up just got to the top

Cons

When I moved up to Sr. quality engineer there was nothing else for me to do so had to leave the company

none

Worked for DENSO? Contribute to the Community!