DENSO

Updated Jun 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Nobuaki Katoh

Management has the right to MISMANAGE anyway they see fit and they are doing a heck of a job!!!

ProsGood people in skilled trades.......Used to be more before they were ran out.

ConsThe previous person is out of touch. They do not value their employees. There are many opportunities but only if you are willing to suck your way there. People are overworked because management abuses them until they finally quit and that leaves less people to do the job. I have been involved in making improvements but got in trouble for doing so.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow's the new Hyundai business working out for us? Perfect example of MISMANAGEMENT!!!!
    Instead of missing trucks we are missing planes!!!!
    Way to start out new business with a new customer. Try to get our foot in the door for new business and mismanagement blows the foot off!!!!
    Management has nobody to blame but themselves.
    For advice. How about we focus on getting a new product around before it goes mass instead of after the fact!!!!!!!

STAY AWAY!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Long Beach, CA

ProsUmmmm......whenever I think of one I will add a second review

ConsCondescending managers that create a hostile work environment, whenever a complaint is made to HR, nothing is done about it. Not to mention the sexual harassment and nepotism. The company file on the "troublemakers" is ridiculous but, no action is taken. Whenever an issue occurs you will get a different answer 125% of the time! There is so much drama and there is an apparent lack of resources to do your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop enabling the problem(s) and eliminate them!

Management is a Nightmare

Maryville, TN

ProsThey employed me full time.

ConsRedneck management (including females). Management that has been there too long should and that is dead weight should be retired. Treat hourly employees poorly. Technical knowledge is poor. Culture is one of 1972. Managers and section leaders talk about other managers and their chain of command poorly. This is NOT a progressive company.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire if you a dead weight. Don't bad mouth your chain of command (your boss) to your direct reports.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible skilled trades management low morale too much overtime

Matenance (Current Employee)
    Battle Creek, MI

ProsMake good money no layoffs

ConsSkilled trades management is terrible one of them shut some guys in a furnace and they promoted him the morale is really bad the company has taken away so much from the workers. They want to write people up so they can show there power this is a terrible way to deal with people

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the floor maintenance management out of the building and get somebody that knows what is going on in there that is why people are leaving

LOw on working experience quality

Production Engineer (Former Employee)

Proseasy manufacturing, better production layout

Consno caring on part of workers....no safety ....

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect guys who work for you

Low Moral,Low Pay, Mis Managed, No Communication. Drama

Maintenance (Current Employee)
    Battle Creek, MI

ProsLots of Work, Company provided tools. Company provided Uniform.

ConsCompany Managment doesn't understand Maintenance (Skilled Trades) needs. Compare pay with only Automotive Companies. Maintenance(Skilled Trades) is not tied to Automotive ONLY. Maintenance(Skilled Trades) is only tied to a machine. A Tier 1 company should base pay off of surrounding area. Top Pay should be reached within a short time. Denso has a "Qualification Card". All Skilled Trades are already Qualified!! We don't need Denso Management to tell us that!! We already went thru our Apprenticeship. Denso Management is spreading rumors of a 12 hour shifts to get rid of overtime. Management can't manage their people. So instaed of dealing with the individual, they punish everyone. Send mass email to all, instead of dealing with that individual.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of Qual Card!! Base pay on Surrounding Companies. Make top pay with in a year. Communicate. Stop spreading rumors (Management). Deal with their issues and stop punishing everyone.

underaprieciates there employees and will let you go at the drop of a hat

Machine Operator (Former Employee)
    Battle Creek, MI

Prosbetter than average machienist pay

Consno life, lots of overtime

Advice to Senior Managementyour employees need a life outside of work. they cant continually run twelve hour days seven days a week

Good experience, but slow career growth.

Service Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGood opportunity of learning technically and management.

ConsBad salaries compared to others specially it is a huge company.
    Lack of promotion system.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about life expenses and compare your staff salary schemes with the local companies.
    Hold your experienced employees and promote them.

I had a great time working with the smaller company but didn't learn a lot

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWrote my own ticket to move up just got to the top

ConsWhen I moved up to Sr. quality engineer there was nothing else for me to do so had to leave the company

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Finding myself dealing with incompetent American management who should be removed from their positions.

Senior Maintenance Technician (Current Employee)
    Maryville, TN

ProsI get a GREAT end of year bonus, and 2 extra weeks a year off usually for the 4th of July and Christmas.

ConsThe top out pay for maintenance has only risen less than a dollar in 5 years. The maintenance management has been promoted from within and struggle. Technicians with broader skills and styles are leaving because of the incompatibility with the management and no chance of promotion. Look at some of the GREAT leaders that have stepped down. NO DEPARTMENT SENIORITY. How can you bring someone from production with ZERO maintenance experience through an apprenticeship and then in 3 years give them access to 1st shift while you have higher skilled workers with 15 plus years in maintenance forced to stay on 2nd or 3rd. Rules prevent SHIFT TO SHIFT in a transfer to another area unless you have been at the same job post for 10 years. So you quit instead of finding happiness in another building possibly. Why would any company want to prevent an employee from moving to the same shift if it is an off-shift anyway?

Advice to Senior ManagementSomeone in Japan needs to get involved. Advisers should be present to rebuild the original Denso methods. Zone maintenance on a lean skeleton crew is insane. 201, 202, and 203 are falling apart in maintenance. You do not have real technicians running the show. You have unrealistic goals you have set with your manpower and or quality of technicians in place. You have selfish leadership in place. I know what is said in exit interviews. Has anyone done anything about it? Of course not. That is why Green Mountain is snatching up your experienced base. Time for a change in all management!

Worked for DENSO? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DENSO reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DENSO CEO Nobuaki Katoh. All 31 reviews posted anonymously by DENSO employees.