DENSO Reviews

2.8

Nobuaki Katoh

Good learning opportunity

I worked at DENSO full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good learning opportunity, Seniors are good

Cons

Saturday is working. Difficult to have work life balance

Why is Saturday working?!

Stable employment, long work hours

Current Employee - Production  in  Maryville, TN
    Current Employee - Production in Maryville, TN

I have been working at DENSO full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Stable employment, Better than average benefits, safe work environment, fair company policies, good location, cafeteria on site, great location.

Cons

Heavy work load, expectation to work long hours, policies are not applied consistently, no sick days so people come to work sick and spread illnesses

Value all associates. Especially, production associates.

Rapidly becoming a typical American automotive supply company, and that is a bad thing.

Current Employee - Technician  in  Maryville, TN
    Current Employee - Technician in Maryville, TN

I have been working at DENSO full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I used to think there might be some, not anymore. Steady pay until I can find another job.

Cons

Total dis-involvement from executive level. Crisis management is the normal way of operation. Lack of trust. Lack of communication. More resources given over to finding who to place blame with than to resolving the crisis of the hour. No training. No reliable communication from leadership. Serious lack of trust in management. All leaders are moving in different directions. All risk and crisis management is reactionary. I hear members of the so-called leadership team openly bad mouth and disparage the company and senior management and executives. Very low morale and low quality of life. Equipment is neglected and the TPM/PM systems are a joke at best. If production is threatened in any way; safety, maintenance, and any proactive plan will be summarily pushed aside without hesitation. I have heard the maintenance group repeatedly complain that they want to fix breakdowns properly, but the "DENSO Way" has become just get it running vice making a permanent repair.

It is far to late for the current management/executive hierarchy to learn from and fix the problems they have created. Only the Japanese finally saying Jūbun'na! and cleaning out some offices soon can keep Denso from becoming another Delphi.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mediocre. Bad managements, horrible turnover rate.

Former Employee - Assembly  in  Hopkinsville, KY
    Former Employee - Assembly in Hopkinsville, KY

I worked at DENSO full-time for less than a year

Pros

Location, easy jobs. Nothing too physically straining. Rather clean, due to it being new. Facilities are pretty decent.

Cons

Unorganized. Spastic changes in hours worked. More temporary workers than full-time. Very hard to balance life and work.

Appreciate who you have more, and train better. More incentive to stay.

Management has the right to MISMANAGE anyway they see fit and they are doing a heck of a job!!!

I have been working at DENSO

Pros

Good people in skilled trades.......Used to be more before they were ran out.

Cons

The previous person is out of touch. They do not value their employees. There are many opportunities but only if you are willing to suck your way there. People are overworked because management abuses them until they finally quit and that leaves less people to do the job. I have been involved in making improvements but got in trouble for doing so.

How's the new Hyundai business working out for us? Perfect example of MISMANAGEMENT!!!!
    Instead of missing trucks we are missing planes!!!!
    Way to start out new business with a new customer. Try to get our foot in the door for new business and mismanagement blows the foot off!!!!
    Management has nobody to blame but themselves.
    For advice. How about we focus on getting a new product around before it goes mass instead of after the fact!!!!!!!

Very beneficial towards a background in manufacturing.

Former Employee - Production Engineering Co-op  in  Maryville, TN
    Former Employee - Production Engineering Co-op in Maryville, TN

I worked at DENSO as an intern for more than a year

Pros

DENSO does value its employees as a person by promoting safety and and as a contributor by taking each employees input under consideration. Although at times the employees can feel overwhelmed and overworked, there are many opportunities and work that needs to get done there.
    DENSO is a fairly typical manufacturing plant with many different types of manufacturing to offer, and they do promote you to specialize in a specific area.

Cons

Many people at DENSO get frustrated under stressful conditions to fairly unproductive levels. Newer projects always have to go through a lot of scrutiny and pessimism. However, the older employees do not seem to stress as much during difficult times because they have been through many tough cycles and know that they will bounce back.

STAY AWAY!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I worked at DENSO full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ummmm......whenever I think of one I will add a second review

Cons

Condescending managers that create a hostile work environment, whenever a complaint is made to HR, nothing is done about it. Not to mention the sexual harassment and nepotism. The company file on the "troublemakers" is ridiculous but, no action is taken. Whenever an issue occurs you will get a different answer 125% of the time! There is so much drama and there is an apparent lack of resources to do your job.

Stop enabling the problem(s) and eliminate them!

Low Moral,Low Pay, Mis Managed, No Communication. Drama

Current Employee - Maintenance  in  Battle Creek, MI
    Current Employee - Maintenance in Battle Creek, MI

I have been working at DENSO full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of Work, Company provided tools. Company provided Uniform.

Cons

Company Managment doesn't understand Maintenance (Skilled Trades) needs. Compare pay with only Automotive Companies. Maintenance(Skilled Trades) is not tied to Automotive ONLY. Maintenance(Skilled Trades) is only tied to a machine. A Tier 1 company should base pay off of surrounding area. Top Pay should be reached within a short time. Denso has a "Qualification Card". All Skilled Trades are already Qualified!! We don't need Denso Management to tell us that!! We already went thru our Apprenticeship. Denso Management is spreading rumors of a 12 hour shifts to get rid of overtime. Management can't manage their people. So instaed of dealing with the individual, they punish everyone. Send mass email to all, instead of dealing with that individual.

Get rid of Qual Card!! Base pay on Surrounding Companies. Make top pay with in a year. Communicate. Stop spreading rumors (Management). Deal with their issues and stop punishing everyone.

Denso

Current Employee - Temp  in  Battle Creek, MI
    Current Employee - Temp in Battle Creek, MI

I have been working at DENSO full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, hours, people are friendly and helpful

Cons

Work-Life balance, parking spots, heat

Work-Life balance

underaprieciates there employees and will let you go at the drop of a hat

Former Employee - Machine Operator  in  Battle Creek, MI
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Battle Creek, MI

I worked at DENSO as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

better than average machienist pay

Cons

no life, lots of overtime

your employees need a life outside of work. they cant continually run twelve hour days seven days a week

Worked for DENSO? Contribute to the Community!