DEX Data Exchange Corporation Reviews

Reset
1.6
DEX Data Exchange Corporation Chairman, President & CEO Sheldon Malchicoff
Sheldon Malchicoff

Excellent management and leadership.

I have been working at DEX Data Exchange Corporation full-time

Pros

I was attracted to DEX because it is an established engineering, manufacturing and repair company that provides superior services to the world's largest corporations occupying the renewable energy, medical and IT sectors. From the start, my working experience has and continues to be outstanding. DEX is the right fit for both the recent college graduate and the established professional.

Cons

Looking at this objectively, I cannot point to a material item deserving of comment. With excellent management in place, DEX is able to actively solve the daily challenges that all companies face.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on providing stellar results for our customers and continue moving forward on the long term plan for growth.

DEX is a great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Camarillo, CA

I have been working at DEX Data Exchange Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

DEX is a fun, high energy place to work. I love my job and I have worked here for over 15 years. The work is interesting, and the people at DEX are really nice. I have made some wonderful friends. I truly enjoy coming to work here every day. If you like a dynamic workplace with a diverse set of team players who work hard and play hard then DEX is for you. You have to love to evolve here as the nature of the business means that we are working with a lot of different companies on a lot of different product lines in three verticals. With that, you have opportunities to grow and learn at every turn; not one day have I been bored at DEX. Happily, that is my ideal job. Delighted to be a part of the DEX team!

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about DEX. The job is great, it's a dynamic atmosphere and the people that work here are wonderful.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job leading the team! DEX has a great vision, mission and values that hold true the company culture.

LIES!

Former Employee - Anonymous in Camarillo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Camarillo, CA

I worked at DEX Data Exchange Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

NOTHING! I would sincerely like the time and effort I put into my work at DEX back because I consider it to of been time wasted.

Cons

The posts on 8/7/15 & 9/1/15 are obviously from someone who has been paid and or persuaded to post such fantastic reviews of this company. These reviews could not be anymore misleading and disgustingly deceitful.

Advice to Management

FIRE YOUR MANAGEMENT instead of the all the invaluable employees you have recently laid off. Implement a completely new business model that will not inevitable lead you to bankruptcy. WAKE UP!!! This isn't working..

JOB XCHANGE

Former Employee - Third Party Verifier in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Third Party Verifier in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

One thing I can say about Data Exchange is the work is fairly easy, yet entertaining (depending on whom your on the phone with).

Cons

The work environment was rather stressful. Dealing with petty superiors and write ups for being a minute late when your suppose to receive them if your 5 plus minutes late. People had their favorites and you nearly had to be sleeping with someone to keep your position.

Advice to Management

Find staff who is willing to do their job right, and not go off whom they like or someones favorite. The floor advisors need to be retrained and learn company rules and conduct again.

Nothing Good

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fillmore, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fillmore, CA

I worked at DEX Data Exchange Corporation (More than 10 years)

Pros

The employees are the only thing good about the company. They work hard to support their families.

Cons

The CEO is a nightmare and bullies his management to do whatever he says no matter what the cost is to the employees or customers. Unethical is an understatement.

Advice to Management

Stand up for yourself.

People vs machines

I have been working at DEX Data Exchange Corporation full-time

Pros

I am shocked how quickly the company dialed back to the Stone Age principles of its dependency on machine like human beings to manage the changes at this critical moment. The company has succeeded achieving its goal of taking the company to the place it has never been before. We raced to the bottom real quick and no one is prouder than the machines (so called presidents and plant managers) that do not have the brains of the true leaders that make good sound decisions to satisfy customers, employees and the single shareholder (CEO).

Cons

If the situations are not managed properly, the machines would activate part of their brains to make the worst decisions. The temptations to recognize revenue in a wrong way by borrowing from future activities would be the easiest decision to satisfy their memory banks. If I am working in sales department, the service in which I deal may sell to the peak or may need extra attention from the people who need to deliver results. Positive criticism of some department could help all of us including the machines. But, scolding or reprimanding some of us in one n one format with the big guy is counterproductive. Some of us are trained to tell it like it is and we should not be crucified for telling the truth. We may need to revisit the rules of Ethic and take it very seriously.

Advice to Management

People do not need to work so hard and go through some hardship just to be a machine. We needed to surround ourselves with great leaders. It is the red flag when the so called president keep saying that I am doing exactly what I am told by the CEO. This is just shifting the blame from one to another without any consideration to the needs of the employees and customers. Who cares who wants us to do what? What it matter to all of us is what the customers want and to do it right all the time. We just lack a solid leadership. The thought that the CEO can tell these machines on what to do and how to do it and things will just happen as it is desired is totally amazing and wrong. If human behavior was perfect like this: we would have the healthy society that eats right to be fit, we would have no accident on our streets due to DUI, there would not be any war around the world, There would not be any need for prisons since there would not be any crime if the people were doing exactly what they are told to be successful in this world. Unfortunately, human behavior has its limitation and requires a strong and respected leader to guide us to the next level all the time. This is a missing part of the DEX puzzle. What you get from these yahoos is what we deserve. I have nothing against to anybody. I was just overwhelmed to give it my own share of feedback in this format, which the probability of this feedback making any positive impact is next to nothing since no one is in a listening mode. They all are talking way too much. They are not saying anything. Sad!

No Direction

I worked at DEX Data Exchange Corporation full-time

Pros

The people are good to work with.

Cons

The management does not have a vision for the company.

Advice to Management

Managements need to care about their employees more.

Sinking Ship

I worked at DEX Data Exchange Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tons of parking now that everyone has either been laid off or quit.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations for sales force.

Advice to Management

You can't set the GP margin at 70 points and expect customers to buy OE actually gauged!

Over worked

I have been working at DEX Data Exchange Corporation full-time

Pros

Positive people willing to go the extra mile

Cons

To many chefs not enough Indians

what is the definition of insanity ?

I have been working at DEX Data Exchange Corporation (More than 10 years)

Pros

The best place to learn on what not to do!

Cons

The sad situation is that nothing is going to change. We keep losing great people and we are left with those who knows only how to manipulate the numbers to make it look good. It's never been a good thing to keep believing your own lies. Seriously !!

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. Asking for their opinion is not a therapy session for their own good. You know what you said about the employee survey. You are misguided not to take the facts to help yourself improve your company. It doesn't matter how much money you have. If you don't have a character , you have nothing!!!! This is a brutal truth!

RSS Feed </> Embed