DFW International Airport

Be The First To
Add Photos

Sean Donahue

Interesting opportunities.

ProsExcellent projects. Great training and the ability to contribute if liked by management.

ConsGovernment-like environment. Employees are affraid. It is becoming a witch hunt environment. People are concerned that their job will impacted by the new CEO.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more inclusive.

Rewarding leaders, while screwing front line employees.

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) DFW, TX

ProsRewards such as vacation time and sick leave are generous compared to other employers

ConsSupervion are not held accountable and in fact are placed above employees, financially the airport is doing well, it was just posted DFW hit some financial marks never seen in their history. Shortly afterwards it announced that raises would not even keep pace with inflation, raises will be capped at 3%, which entails most of the people will get 2.5%. Then the airport stated healthcare would rise 3.5%. For an organization doing so well they are always finding ways to take away from employees. This is probably so the executives can receive a bonus on cutting cost.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter treatment of employees, maybe come down off the pedestal and work with employees for a day to see what its like to get treated like trash. I would imagine it would be unpleasant and serve as a wake up.

Typical Government Agency

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe pay here is extremely well, if not a bit over paid for experience and production.

ConsWhere do I begin:

This is a government agency and the employee turnover is extremely low among those that still have a pension. Upper management is not interested in developing their teams. The executive staff is mostly interested in themselves and traveling while it produces no value for the organization. Go to CBS DFW and search for DFW. The executives routinely travel in business class around the world.

There are not budgets, at best. The airport is investing in new refreshing terminals. The project is significantly over budget, however, no one seems to be held responsible for the lack of accountability.

The new CEO brought in hopes of change, but that does not appear to be happening. We hoped that the CEO would overall the structure and personal down to the manager level. Nothing has happened.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house. It is obvious that Sr Management is only out for themselves. This has led to a debilitating lack of trust and has absolutely halted any organization development and grow community value. There are great employees in the wings, but they are suppressed due to the governmental structure.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The most unprofessional poorly run organization I have ever worked for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWellness incentive rewards for employees who participate in the program.

ConsHierarchy structure that borders on the absurd with self-inflated executive team that act like they are above reproach due to the quasi-governmental status of the airport. Managers who can seldom be found who take excessive liberties with personal time and leisure. Divisiveness and excessive politics. A very small minded organization despite its large economic structure in the DFW area.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake changes from the top down and recruit better educated professional team.

10% do 98% of the work!

IT Department (Former Employee) DFW, TX

Prosflexible schedules, ability to slack

Consmanagers don't enforce accountability so no one takes ownership. problems are top down. If you work ethic don't work here!

Advice to Senior Managementwe're all grownups, expect accountability

Might be a decent place for an individual who has retired from some other employer to work.

Anonymous (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe airports financial state is very good, there is an onsite gym for employees who work 9-5pm hours. Health benefits are so so, definitely not the worst. Stable employment.

ConsThe airport likes to constantly say they value the employee, however when the time arrives to prove this theory the airport fails miserably. Human resources back managers 99% of the time when legitimate issues with an employee come up. As most have mentioned in reviews promoting within the organization are lackluster to say the least. The individuals who do get promoted are the absolute worst choices.

The airport is always sending management to classes in hopes to increase employee engagement, along with several employee surveys, yet the airport leadership fails to understand why numbers reflect so poorly.

There is so many things that are swept under the rug at DFW such as racial inequalities, sexual harassments, embezzlement, among numerous other poor business practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe consensus among many is that the current management is severely corrupt, empowered, untouchable, as well as uncaring. Therefor it is doubtful to make progress in turning this employer around for the better. Some hold out hope that the new CEO Sean Donohue will prove otherwise, here's hoping.

A serious evaluation on the functionality, as well as cost/benefit of Human Resources needs to be implemented. It is absolutely useless to the employees, only useful for supervision level up.

I'm glad to read others reviews on the same opinions most have of working here.

Slow but Steady

Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGood benefits, employee gym, potential to learn a diverse set of skills from across the different business groups, lots of training, tuition assistance

ConsTypically, advancement only happens when a position is vacated, so building a career at DFW takes infinite patience, or you have to be willing to jump from department to department.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more entry level positions; likewise, create more senior level positions; in other words, spread the professional and technical ranks over a broader set of pay bands. This would provide greater opportunity for entry into the workforce, as well as create advancement opportunities for senior employees, even when a supervisory role is not (yet) available.

Great Opportunities

ProsExciting environment, there is always something new going on. Great opportunities to learn and grow. Management is fair for the most part, if you work hard and treat others with kindness you will be rewarded. Job stability is great and the airport is only going to get bigger in the coming years. Management and staff are very understanding and sympathetic, overall great people to work with.

ConsFor the most part, staff is older. The culture is more traditional than a lot of new start-ups. Some people take advantage of having been there for a long time, and put in no effort to their job. I worry that the new CEO will change many of the positive aspects of working for the airport in an effort to cut costs.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to reward employees for their hard work. When employees enjoy working there, they will work harder and the airport will continue to grow and improve.

Some department are really good and some are really stale .....

IT Department (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsLots of opportunities if you are ready to prove yourself. If you do not let the politics and segregation get to you then it is possible to do some very dynamic things that can benefit the Airport as a whole. Loads of money is generated as the Airport has good revenue but lack of planning and the non-profit status makes the majority of this money thrown away year after year. There are a few percentage of employees who are dedicated to the core and takes the burden of the whole team sometimes in fact that is the model followed in ITS one person is strangled until some of whom has actually died of hear attack or cancer due to it and no one cares when they are gone.

ConsNo scope for growth, once hired you can burn your guts out but will never move up the ladder until the person ahead of you either retires or leaves the job or dies. There is lots of discrimination with segregation among the races if you know what I mean. Your skin takes care of your kind and again some people are targeted in each team to be the scapegoat who is burdened with all the work for the team to claim.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotions, more options for movement inside the organization, If you have employees working in the same job for more than 20 years either they are not sane anymore or they are not working the same job but something else nobody cares about. Stop wasting money throwing it on contractors at least for IT projects so you can hire the right people instead of hiring people to be trained and who never really gets trained until retirement. Stop preferred treatment of one people from one race to make all of the others suffer. Go through the complaints process to see who makes the most complaints why is it they get this special treatment where they would not work at all as if the Airport was part of their ancestral property and they are owed free compensation every month.

I feel stuck in my position

GTA (Current Employee) DFW, TX

Prossteady work no lay offs

Consno advance in company all in who you know

Advice to Senior Managementsomeone needs to watch them! they have an entire department that unhappy

Worked for DFW International Airport? Contribute to the Community!