DHA Group

www.dha-inc.com

DHA Group Reviews

2.8

David Hale

Very rewarding work, excellent salary and benefits.

Current Employee - Task Lead in Clarksburg, WV
    Current Employee - Task Lead in Clarksburg, WV

I have been working at DHA Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best decision I ever made was coming to DHA! Competitive Salary, Benefits, easy access to owner and management, personal growth, compensation policies, leadership,

Cons

focused portfolio, growing too fast

Make more time for interacting with the customers and employees.

Great company to get into

I have been working at DHA Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

DHA is a very personable close-nit place to work. The administration has come a long way from growing pains due to growing so rapidly to the employee's happiness as a goal. The PM's are very personable and have an open door policy. DHA is well known with the clients with a great reputation. The company is steadily growing even in this downfall economy. The benefits are the best I've seen in the area.

Cons

Schedule flexibility depends on an individual manager. Some are and some are not. Not something DHA has control over though.

Glad I got in on the ground floor, it's only going up now.

I have been working at DHA Group

Pros

As a small company, there is very little bureaucracy getting in the way of open communication and the senior management is dedicated to maintaining this level of communication as the company continues to grow. As a small company, there are greater opportunities for involvement in multiple areas throughout the company, and career growth is dependent exclusively on your effort. The company works very hard at fostering a team atmosphere so that even the people who are working off-site feel connected.

Cons

The environment isn't for everyone. The company places emphasis on creativity and flexibility, so if you want to work in an environment in which every process is already strictly defined, then DHA is the wrong place for you.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Rewarding career with growth opportunities, yet good work-life balance.

Current Employee - Task Manager
    Current Employee - Task Manager

I have been working at DHA Group

Pros

I have worked for other small contracting firms as well as one of the biggest defence contractors throughout my career, and I have been treated the best by DHA. I'm respected as an individual and given the opportunity to use my talents, and given the chance to learn new skills. When I wanted to advance my career, I was given the opportunity, and provided with a mentor who is helping me gain the experience and skills to keep moving toward my career goals.

This company rewards those who work hard and take initiative to go the extra mile for the client or the company.

I am able to easily balance the demands of my job with the needs of my family. Management understands that employees have lives outside of the office, and respects the fact that family needs can, at times, take precedence.

Compensation and benefits are generous. Because we pride ourselves in the high-quality of our staff, we strive to provide our employees with the best benefits for themselves and their familes.

Cons

Because the company has grown exponentially over the past few years, there have been some growing pains, but that is to be expected.

As a contracting company, most employees are embedded in client sites. These enviornments are often not as nice as the DHA home office.

Great potential with a few kinks to work out

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at DHA Group

Pros

DHA does an excellent job of appreciating its employees and subcontractors. Although it's still a small business with some management issues to iron out, the people are sincere, hardworking and well-intentioned. When employees raise issues to management they are taken seriously and addressed in short order.

The pay is competitive with other contractors in the DC area and the benefits allow for significant personal growth.

There's a strong sense of camaraderie among the headquarters staff that makes new folks feel that they are part of a team working to support the security of the country.

Quarterly Award happy hours are a blast with an open bar, good food and cash prizes for above-and-beyond performance.

DHA's business has mushroomed over the past few years off of its main $1 billion contract vehicle. Late last year it was also awarded a slot on a new $30 billion 8-year vehicle. If the management staff can effectively handle the growth, DHA will become a significant force in the federal contracting world.

Cons

2010 was a major restructuring year for the company with significant turn over that was a bit destabilizing for its employees.

The billable employees in the field, by the nature of their work, are unfortunately a bit alienated from the rest of the company and only see the whole crew at the quarterly awards.

While it's been acknowledged and is being addressed, the HR department is playing catch up with the rest of the company. This manifests in mild to moderate frustration amongst the employees. On-boarding for headquarters positions is a laborious process that involves a biased "look and feel" interrogation - the criteria of which seems to be constantly changing. This has been a significant pain for the recruiting department and has forced the rest of the company to fill in for positions that have remained open for far too long.

DHA needs to build a solid level of middle management below the owner and vice presidents that can handle the day to day business so the execs can focus on fixing structural issues.

DHA's prosperity stems from how incredibly successful its execs have been at building strong and lasting relationships with clients and quality partners based on attentiveness, dignity and respect. This mentality for customer service must permeate throughout the management staff if DHA is going to rise to the next level.

Great company!

I have been working at DHA Group

Pros

Family like atmosphere, good HR team.

Cons

small company with limited opportunities for advancements

Management Analyst

I have been working at DHA Group

Pros

salary, enviorment , people, hours, benefits

Cons

no opportunity for employee advancement

Paradise Lost

I have been working at DHA Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Small organization with very knowledgeable individual members. Individual managers know the contracts and people working them very well. Managers are easy to approach and seem to care about employee professional development.

Cons

New COO who fires longtime employees with little or no warning and makes no announcement that they have left the company or who is taking on their duties. A bit of a climate of fear at HQ which works its way down to the individual contributor level. Folks seem afraid to go to bat for employees if it means rocking the boat.

David Hale should spend less time on leadership retreats and spend more time leading. He is not around and it appears that he is using the COO to do the dirty work while distancing himself from the unpleasant task of reorganizing.

In danger of flaming out

I have been working at DHA Group

Pros

It used to be something different so I'm told.

Cons

Major failures has resulted in almost the entire backoffice (from senior execs to middle management to entry level employees) to turnover within the past 12 months yet the senior leadership continue to say there's nothing unusual or more generally, there's not a problem as they just continue to try and bid on everything without a real plan for infrastructure. Clients are starting to feel this as well.

Confusion and disappointment

I worked at DHA Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay and good health insurance
    Owner seems to care, but sincerity is questionable

Cons

General confusion with almost everything
    No clear direction from managers
    Women are working for the company, but the men run the show
    PROFOUND communication issues
    Backbiting between groups
    Financial issues due to poor management and unclear policy
    No backbone from management when it comes to face to face interactions; they hide from personnel responsibilities
    Hostile work environment due to racial and sexist comments and opinions

Look at who is running the company and supervising your billable employees and see them for what they are, not who you THINK they are. Being able to drink and schmooze the owner doesn't make you a good manager.