DHL Global Forwarding Reviews in New York City, NY

Updated March 19, 2014

3.3

DHL Global Forwarding CEO Roger Crook
Roger Crook

Pros
  • Nice place with good work life balance (in 8 reviews)

• DGF has a good work environment (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • This company is always looking to try new things to become the industry leader (in 3 reviews)

• Low salary and lack of career support (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

All in all...good experience

Current Employee - Director Business Development  in  Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Director Business Development in Newark, NJ

I have been working at DHL Global Forwarding full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good experience, lots of jobs and different directions to go, great intl job possibilities. good job growth potential and learning available.

Cons

Politics. run by consultants, don't konw how to run a business for profit, only by the numbers and metrics. Dictate to management how to manage, not major decisions left to the P&L owners. Commission structure in US sucks! It promotes lazy behavior every other year...and when it's GP based, and sales has no control over GP...it's hard to motivate Sales!

Let the P&L owners generate GP however they see fit. As long as they generate enough GP...then who cares how they get there. Get sales on the road. make getting commission as easy as possible and stop letting the customer service people go...they make the company money!!

hectic

Former Employee - Trade Lane Manager  in  Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Trade Lane Manager in Newark, NJ

I worked at DHL Global Forwarding full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

popularity, size, global foot print

Cons

too vertical, hard to manage

get lean

Company is going thru the changes

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at DHL Global Forwarding full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

good working atmosphere. Lot's of aportunities

Cons

very not stable place to work at. Any day you might loose your job.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a great company but could be

Former Employee - Business Development  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Business Development in New York, NY

I worked at DHL Global Forwarding full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Global company with name recognition providing all freight forwarding and 3PL services with plenty of career opportunities to move up and move around if desired.

Cons

Behemoth company where most employees are a number working tirelessly to ensure more revenue is being generated than what is being lost to competitors.

Take care of your customers or they will go away.

Pleasant, but not what I was looking for

Former Employee - Business Analyst  in  Jamaica, NY
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Jamaica, NY

I worked at DHL Global Forwarding as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Nice people, professional, great place to learn, support everywhere.

Cons

Unions are a pain to deal with, slow, bureaucratic.

provide better incentive to employees and encouragement.

A very rewarding time in my life

Former Employee - Director of Recruiting  in  Manalapan, NJ
    Former Employee - Director of Recruiting in Manalapan, NJ

I worked at DHL Global Forwarding

Pros

Great company to work for and very loyal to the employees. Made every effort to meet the employee's needs and open minded to change in the employees interest.

Cons

The company is unforgiving when it comes to tardiness and chronic absence that cant be verified be a real doctor.

hard work and a strong desire to advance in the is often rewarded when least expected. Patience is a virtue

OK if you are already here but not sure you should join...

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at DHL Global Forwarding

Pros

I found my mentor who is looking after my training and advancement

Cons

The future of the company is unclear
    The company is not U.S owned

Communicate better with employees regarding changes
    Give more feedback to employees about thier preformance
    Give better bonuses to increase motivation

Stay Away, Far Far Away

Current Employee - Sales  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at DHL Global Forwarding

Pros

If you have no where better to go. Stop by for a couple of months, take in the atmosphere and ask your self, (Do I feel lucky?) If your answer is yes. Please make sure you are still not in your PJ with an empty bottle of Smirnoff next to you. Because when have landed or have been guided by sea to this organization you will not be living a dream. You have just awoken to a nightmare. PS. If you want to work for an organization that feels creating reporting is more important than generating revenue. Look no further.

Cons

They are clueless as to anything going on outside of the parameters of there own desk space. If you are a new sales/operations/ Professional BD employee make sure you bring a ton of business with you from where ever you have come from. Also make sure that you are immediately ready to “lose” all of that business due there tremendously incapable internal operations (It’s dysfunctional environment). A client stated “You have taken me to a dance called a Cluster F*@K". Than he asked if we understood what an SOP is. He replied to me, “Maybe they think it mean SpongeBob on Patrol? Also perpare to go back to an account that you won after pursuing them for several months; and they have agreed to your terms which were proved to you by upper management. Than tell the account, “Oh, by the way, management does not want your business although we agreed to it in your office.

Just because you are a Sales MGR NYC/NJ, District Manager, Regional Manager, Regional Sales MGR, VP Regional Sales ,VP, SVP, EVP, or AVP.
    GIVE PEOPLE A CHANCE, STOP Playing POLITICS with there lives, and get rid of everyone in operations at your JFK office. The Bad attitudes and Bad smell that are gives off from that location alone could be used to guide Planes onto the runway in the middle of the night. There's that old saying “A fish always stinks from the head first". The JFK AirFre group and company are not at all interested in helping anyone grow, what little there is to grow of that organization. Executive management should really evaluate what really goes on there. If Executive Management approves of what goes on there, they should be nicely shown the door and given an application for employment at the local Burger Hut in India where they don't eat cow. They could really turn things around there.

Worked for DHL Global Forwarding? Contribute to the Community!