DHL Global Forwarding

DHL Global Forwarding Reviews in New York City, NY

Updated Mar 19, 2014

DHL Global Forwarding CEO Roger Crook

Roger Crook

Pros
  • Nice place with good work life balance(in 8 reviews)

• DGF has a good work environment(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • This company is always looking to try new things to become the industry leader(in 3 reviews)

• Low salary and lack of career support(in 4 reviews)

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

All in all...good experience

Director Business Development (Current Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsGood experience, lots of jobs and different directions to go, great intl job possibilities. good job growth potential and learning available.

ConsPolitics. run by consultants, don't konw how to run a business for profit, only by the numbers and metrics. Dictate to management how to manage, not major decisions left to the P&L owners. Commission structure in US sucks! It promotes lazy behavior every other year...and when it's GP based, and sales has no control over GP...it's hard to motivate Sales!

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the P&L owners generate GP however they see fit. As long as they generate enough GP...then who cares how they get there. Get sales on the road. make getting commission as easy as possible and stop letting the customer service people go...they make the company money!!

hectic

Trade Lane Manager (Former Employee) Newark, NJ

Prospopularity, size, global foot print

Constoo vertical, hard to manage

Advice to Senior Managementget lean

Company is going thru the changes

Sales Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosgood working atmosphere. Lot's of aportunities

Consvery not stable place to work at. Any day you might loose your job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a great company but could be

Business Development (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGlobal company with name recognition providing all freight forwarding and 3PL services with plenty of career opportunities to move up and move around if desired.

ConsBehemoth company where most employees are a number working tirelessly to ensure more revenue is being generated than what is being lost to competitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your customers or they will go away.

Pleasant, but not what I was looking for

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Jamaica, NY

ProsNice people, professional, great place to learn, support everywhere.

ConsUnions are a pain to deal with, slow, bureaucratic.

Advice to Senior Managementprovide better incentive to employees and encouragement.

A very rewarding time in my life

Director of Recruiting (Former Employee) Manalapan, NJ

ProsGreat company to work for and very loyal to the employees. Made every effort to meet the employee's needs and open minded to change in the employees interest.

ConsThe company is unforgiving when it comes to tardiness and chronic absence that cant be verified be a real doctor.

Advice to Senior Managementhard work and a strong desire to advance in the is often rewarded when least expected. Patience is a virtue

OK if you are already here but not sure you should join...

Project Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI found my mentor who is looking after my training and advancement

ConsThe future of the company is unclear
    The company is not U.S owned

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better with employees regarding changes
    Give more feedback to employees about thier preformance
    Give better bonuses to increase motivation

Stay Away, Far Far Away

Sales (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsIf you have no where better to go. Stop by for a couple of months, take in the atmosphere and ask your self, (Do I feel lucky?) If your answer is yes. Please make sure you are still not in your PJ with an empty bottle of Smirnoff next to you. Because when have landed or have been guided by sea to this organization you will not be living a dream. You have just awoken to a nightmare. PS. If you want to work for an organization that feels creating reporting is more important than generating revenue. Look no further.

ConsThey are clueless as to anything going on outside of the parameters of there own desk space. If you are a new sales/operations/ Professional BD employee make sure you bring a ton of business with you from where ever you have come from. Also make sure that you are immediately ready to “lose” all of that business due there tremendously incapable internal operations (It’s dysfunctional environment). A client stated “You have taken me to a dance called a Cluster F*@K". Than he asked if we understood what an SOP is. He replied to me, “Maybe they think it mean SpongeBob on Patrol? Also perpare to go back to an account that you won after pursuing them for several months; and they have agreed to your terms which were proved to you by upper management. Than tell the account, “Oh, by the way, management does not want your business although we agreed to it in your office.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because you are a Sales MGR NYC/NJ, District Manager, Regional Manager, Regional Sales MGR, VP Regional Sales ,VP, SVP, EVP, or AVP.
    GIVE PEOPLE A CHANCE, STOP Playing POLITICS with there lives, and get rid of everyone in operations at your JFK office. The Bad attitudes and Bad smell that are gives off from that location alone could be used to guide Planes onto the runway in the middle of the night. There's that old saying “A fish always stinks from the head first". The JFK AirFre group and company are not at all interested in helping anyone grow, what little there is to grow of that organization. Executive management should really evaluate what really goes on there. If Executive Management approves of what goes on there, they should be nicely shown the door and given an application for employment at the local Burger Hut in India where they don't eat cow. They could really turn things around there.

Worked for DHL Global Forwarding? Contribute to the Community!