DHL Global Forwarding

DHL Global Forwarding Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

DHL Global Forwarding CEO Roger Crook

Roger Crook

Pros
  • Nice place with good work life balance(in 7 reviews)

• There is a lot of room for experience, growth, helpful people, good work environment, nice office, good benefits, a lot of help(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • This company is always looking to try new things to become the industry leader(in 3 reviews)

• Low salary and lack of career support(in 4 reviews)

Program Manager

Program Manager (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsDHL is an average employer.

ConsDHL is an average employer.

Advice to Senior ManagementDHL is an average employer.

A fairly good experience, but the company must work on the employee development

ProsThe company is facing a huge infrastructure change that will open new career options. If the change is lead correctly it can potentially boost the company's market share.

ConsThe company is facing a huge infrastructure change that causes uncertainty. Not a strong local management as opposed to very strong global management. This causes some business decision to be questionable and risky. It also causes the company longer and more complicated bureaucracy.

Be careful, be warned!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat, hard-working operations and support staff, good benefits

ConsHave young Sr. Managers with little industry experience making hiring/firing decisions. They are not concerned with long term, steady growth, but want immediate results in order to make themselves exclusively look good and move up the ladder. No real concerned with employee or account development, but their own credibility and reputation. A lot of paranoia. Offices in Chicago and JFK are almost empty..... Not a team atmosphere at all!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible company to work for, exploitative with total disdain for employees

Senior Executive (Former Employee)

Prosindustry leader, typical benefits but i struggle to come up with the 20 word minimum for pros

Consexploitative, demeaning to employees, non existent management confused about their own strategy as an employer DHL Global Forwarding is a bully

Advice to Senior ManagementFreight Forwarding is a highly technical field you need to value your employees and stop paying lip service to your so called "values"

Great global experience with a company that has a lot to offer its customers.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe ability to offer great services to your customers while engaging in global commerce.

ConsOutdated systems that limited the companies potential to be a leader in any sector it served.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your people. Make First Choice more then a sales pitch to your customers, but rather a strategy to empower the organization by providing the right mindset and training for each member to contribute to the success of the company.

It could be better !

Key Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGlobal company with great resources

ConsLocal management skill and mind set

Advice to Senior ManagementBack to the Basic !!

It has been an everchanging employment.

ProsLots of opportunites. Good Benefits.

ConsRestructuring and changes within the company have made the environment stressful.

Fast pace work environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunity for promotions is fair..

ConsVery stressful, especially around holidays.

its so so

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosits a job the pay is ok

Conslack of communication lack of team work

Stagnant environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Franklin Park, IL

ProsFew pros to working for this company. Sheer size is what is keeping it going at this point. Management is working on improvements, but seem disconnected from the workforce.

ConsPay does not reflect the level of talent and commitment the company expects. Very political environment. Rank and file have not bought into current transformation being executed. No security for any position.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't give the same speech to your employees that you give to the market, be real. You can't achieve all your plans without the support of employees. And you won't get that until demonstrate to them what their future is.

Worked for DHL Global Forwarding? Contribute to the Community!