DHL Supply Chain Reviews

Updated October 10, 2014
3.6

CEO

DHL Supply Chain Vietnam

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

I have been working at DHL Supply Chain full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Opportunities for learning and development

Cons

Workload, leadership and unsatisfied salary.

Good atmosphere, wonderful supervisor

I worked at DHL Supply Chain as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly colleagues, easy to approach supervisor, who helped a lot to get access to people necessary for my project.
    Challenging project, I enjoyed every minute of it and got much freedom and responsibility to execute it. My supervisor listened to me and considered my ideas for improvements.

Cons

When talking about the details of the "package" on the phone, I was promised more than what was on the contract in the end.
    And when I finished my project, everyone was satisfied with my performance - still, I didn't get a fair response why they decided not to continue with it.

Remove the person immediately when it becomes obvious that he / she does not fit the Leadership Team...

Great company for the staff without Tertiary education

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at DHL Supply Chain full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Stable and established organisation, Very structured, bonuses based on performance,team work is esteemed, management is frendlly and respect staff

Cons

The education is not considered in the interview,long working experience is all you need to get promotion, lack of quick decision making

Utilise the knowledge and skills of the staff to the full

Lots of career opportunities, but not really worth it

Former Employee - Graduate Operations Programmer and Procurement
    Former Employee - Graduate Operations Programmer and Procurement

I worked at DHL Supply Chain full-time (more than an year)

Pros

DHL Supply Chain offers good training opportunities and rapid career progression, if you can gain the support of a senior manager. It's a big company and there are lots of possibilities to move forward in your career if you're willing and able to move.

Cons

Pay is very low compared to similar roles in other companies. Work life balance is not respected and large amounts of unpaid overtime and weekend work is the norm. The organisation is highly centralised and bureaucratic and they mess up a lot of basic things - for instance payroll and issuing contracts. They have a couple of unpleasant hidden and semi-hidden policies - most of their contracts contain a standard clause allowing your manager to relocate you anywhere to do any job for any amount of time, and this is very commonly invoked. Pay rises are limited to 6% per year regardless of promotions so although your career may progress rapidly your pay will not progress alongside it - and this policy is not discussed with you until the first promotion. Finally the management is not always particularly great and it is quite common for a career to end because a manager above you takes a dislike to you - this didn't happen to me but I saw it several times in my two years in the business.

Please increase pay and reduce the amount of overtime demanded of staff or at least pay for it.

Had the opportunity of meeting people from different multicultural background and diversity

Former Employee - Sales in East London (South Africa)
    Former Employee - Sales in East London (South Africa)

I worked at DHL Supply Chain as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

This company is a world class organization. They have the ability to promote accordingly with good pay. The people are challenged to put more effort and incentives very good.

Cons

Some of the challenges of working here is long office hours which could be resulted when shipments arrive in late. I

Take good care of employees

Great place, good opportunity, always stay one step ahead to stay on

I worked at DHL Supply Chain full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good direction from top management, Selects customers well validating profit v/s effort very carefully. Opportunities to work in varied sectors and be a part of latest industry initiatives.

Cons

Constant networking, knowing which projects have budgets, and which dept leads can come through management reshuffles is vital. Strategic changes may render recent personal or department contributions irrelevant.

DHL Supply Chain Business Development And Regional Projects Specialist

Former Employee - Business Development and Regional Projects Specialist in Istanbul (Turkey)

I worked at DHL Supply Chain full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Location, People and Working Hours

Cons

Salary and benefits, mentor ship; career management

A global company with great opportunities

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at DHL Supply Chain full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Global presence in majority of markets
    Career opportunities across operations and functions
    Good company culture
    leadership from top management

Cons

Compensation and benefits compared to other industries

Ok.

Former Employee - Warehouse Operative in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Warehouse Operative in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at DHL Supply Chain part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Had worked in a new building.
    fast-paced emvironment; A lot of work was rushed, and crammed onto the teams.

Cons

Sub par working environment, albeit considering it was a new building. A lot of work was rushed, and crammed onto the teams, as the objective was hurried onto an unfinished, imcomplete environment. Unsure about other locations.

Safety and security over speed, don't rush a new place.

It is a great platform for hard working individuals in terms of Salary, Experience and growth.

Current Employee - Senior MRO Planner in Jeddah (Saudi Arabia)
    Current Employee - Senior MRO Planner in Jeddah (Saudi Arabia)

I have been working at DHL Supply Chain full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

One can achieve great experience working in this company as it is the no.1Supply Chain in the world.

Cons

One has to wait long for opportunities to arrive like promotion and increment for it being a multinational company

Management must focus on the employee recognition and rewards for hard working individuals to keep up their hard work which directly contributes in productivity and quality of the services offered to the customer.