DIRECTV

DIRECTV Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

DIRECTV Chairman, President, and CEO Michael D. (Mike) White

Michael D. (Mike) White

Pros
  • This company also provides great benefits with a good vacation and time off plan(in 32 reviews)

• Good benefits and a strong commitment to doing things the right way(in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and have to work hard for a work/life balance(in 12 reviews)

• Starting salary and long hours seem to account for the buik of the high turnover rate for new hires(in 17 reviews)

Great Place to work.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Huntington, WV

ProsManageable hours, tons of room for improvement, and lots of coaching to help improve sales.

ConsJust overcoming objections and meeting goals. Nothing else really.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a great job! Keep up the good work!

Fast-paced, high performing organization. Buckle up for a hectic ride. Delivery focused. Must compete for people's time.

Director (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsThere is no slack and low-performers are weeded out fairly quickly. That means that most everyone you work with is focused on getting the job done and they are good people to work with.

ConsThe pace can be difficult to maintain. Corners get cut in favor of quantity of delivery over quality of delivery, though high-quality is expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe programs that are thought to benefit employees by providing time to learn and grow really just add more overhead on already overloaded resources. Either get comfortable with dialing back delivery expectations or minimize time requirements for non job-related activities.

Nice people and benefits

Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) Huntington, WV

ProsDirectv provides nice benefits package and was constantly offering prizes and incentives in addition to everything else. People are really nice to work with and lots of scheduling options. Much better employer in terms of pay and benefits than most in our area.

ConsVery fast paced and goals were always changing and at times nearly impossible to meet. Depending on your team lead they may work with you or fire you. There was no consistency and most team leads approached goals with regards to how it effected them not as how they could help you improve.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work and grow your career.

Finance Analyst II (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsAtmosphere is upbeat, friendly employees who always willing to help, and lots of networking and career development opportunities offered.

ConsLike any bog company there is not always as much transparency as sometimes desired but over nothing to complain about. Management is coached on keeping teams in the loop on majority of changes.

Thought it was an easy going job.

Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThe environment is pretty cool and they give you a lot of things to appreciate like free cable.

ConsSometimes the customers that you speak with can be very rude and ignorant

It has been progressively getting worse in the past few years.

Principal Engineer (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsBest part is free DIRECTV.

ConsPay is low and very poor in project planning.

not really professional managers at sw eng !!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthe env is really good as it has diversity and not stressful at all .

ConsThe worst thing is the not really skillful and knowledgeable managers in there, they act as they know a lot, but they just pretending, specially the one that I know. she says she is a ucla graduate but I doubt it !!! Also the pay is not good for what you do.

Advice to Senior Managementtry to think out side the box and give enough opportunity to your employees .

Engineering department is not well structured.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsWorks hours are flexible. Payed time off is average. Yearly bonus is helpful.

ConsEmployees do not feel empowered. Management is more concerned with making their managers happy instead of being advocates for their team members.

Advice to Senior ManagementEngineering management team needs to be more technically knowledgeable and empower their reports instead of worrying about what their managers demand.

Not a forever job.

Technical Support- DIRECTV (Former Employee) Missoula, MT

ProsAs a customer service representative, the pay and benefits are more than fair, the work is not physically demanding, or difficult.

ConsIt is mentally draining to listen to people complain all day, especially over what is in essence a luxury service. Promotions are rare, and while, temporary special assignments are a nice break, they make the eventual return to the phones that much harder.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop giving your best employees temporary power to solve bigger problems, then taking it back, after a predetermined period whether they performed well or not.

Stressful, with little benefit

Technical Support- DIRECTV (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsFor the most part, the pay was pretty good, as were the health benefits. I also enjoyed the ability to work overtime, and take home a pretty hefty sum of money. The team aspect was good, the team leaders I had felt a need to really connect with their members, and listen to their input into everything.

ConsThe companies values were awful. You had to upsell everything, and they seemed to value getting someone off of the phone in a limited time frame, more than they valued fixing the issue. Which resulted in the customer calling back, which then resulted in you getting in trouble for having far too many call backs. The issues that customers had were for the most part easily fixed on a single phone call, but even if the customer called back because of an unrelated issue, you would still get dinged.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the call back policy, give more time off, allow for the employee to feel that they are actually making a difference to your customers.

Worked for DIRECTV? Contribute to the Community!