DIRECTV

DIRECTV Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

DIRECTV Chairman, President, and CEO Michael D. (Mike) White

Michael D. (Mike) White

Pros
  • This company also provides great benefits with a good vacation and time off plan (in 32 reviews)

• Good benefits and a strong commitment to doing things the right way (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and have to work hard for a work/life balance (in 12 reviews)

• Starting salary and long hours seem to account for the buik of the high turnover rate for new hires (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST COMPANIES I HAVE WORKED FOR!

Manager (Current Employee) Englewood, CO

Pros- Amazing culture
    - Everyone is always happy
    - Collaborative culture
    - Good benefits and compensation
    - Very employee focused
    - Very strong sense of social responsibility
    - Lots of opportunity for development and advancement
    - Transparency and communication within the company
    - Best in Class employee engagement based on most recent Organizational Health Survey
    - Top 10 Best Places to Work in Denver

Cons- Still could use some standardization between departments
    - Sometimes there is not a consistency with the title a person holds and the work that they do
    - Benefits kick in the first of the month after 60 days. It would be nice if that were shortened

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the AT&T deal ongoing, continue to cascade information down through the ranks. You have done a great job so far so continue in that vain.

Great Place to work.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Huntington, WV

ProsManageable hours, tons of room for improvement, and lots of coaching to help improve sales.

ConsJust overcoming objections and meeting goals. Nothing else really.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a great job! Keep up the good work!

Fast-paced, high performing organization. Buckle up for a hectic ride. Delivery focused. Must compete for people's time.

Director (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsThere is no slack and low-performers are weeded out fairly quickly. That means that most everyone you work with is focused on getting the job done and they are good people to work with.

ConsThe pace can be difficult to maintain. Corners get cut in favor of quantity of delivery over quality of delivery, though high-quality is expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe programs that are thought to benefit employees by providing time to learn and grow really just add more overhead on already overloaded resources. Either get comfortable with dialing back delivery expectations or minimize time requirements for non job-related activities.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good starting point if you would like a career in telecom.

Tech (Former Employee) Akron, OH

ProsCan make money, be your own boss and meet new people everyday.

ConsWell we don't have any more HD receivers in the warehouse, so drive an hour to get one from another tech, we still expect you to get to you're job on time tho.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. Every job has it's pro's and con's. However is there any motivation to make this a career? I guess if you want to be hanging dishes when for 50.

flexible work for some one who have another thing to take care of

Satellite Technician (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

Prosflexible, you will be able to choose if you work the whole day or just the half, you will be able to take personal time whenever you need.

Consnot so busy in winter, and extremely busy in summer, customer satisfaction is very important to keep your job and income grade.

Directv

Staff Engineer III (Current Employee) Long Beach, CA

ProsOvertime pay, pension, free TV, brand recognition

ConsTrouble calls at 2:00 a.m., and overnight maintenance, lack of upward mobility and training, too many meetings.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay broadcast operations employees more than engineering development group, nothing interesting has come out of the development group in 15 years. Remove chairs from meeting rooms and limit meetings to 30 minutes or less.

Discrimination!

Designer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsSome great co-workers, I wish could have stayed longer to help out my fellow team as well as my manager. I didn't want to leave my work load at the time unfinished.

ConsSomeone in the Senior Staff at the DMG group is outright discriminatory, and I wish I could have been able to resolve that persons issues face to face directly and personally.

Advice to Senior ManagementJudging people by their work and reviews by immediate co-workers would be the best measure of an employee.

Started out great.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsIt was nice to get monthly bonuses and good benefits. Leadership is well trained and available to answer questions.

ConsThe job changes at such a fast rate that I never felt like I totally knew my job. I'm not typically resistant to change but I was in six different call types in 7 years and at one point had 4 different supervisors within 3 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider that change for the sake of change or to make your mark is not condusive to a good working environment. Also, multitasking is not a good thing. You ask that the Customer Service reps know everything about everything. That is not possible when you change things on a daily basis.

I had a new experience

QA Engineer (Former Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsIN THIS POSITION I learned a lot.

Consthis place is too competitive.

It has been progressively getting worse in the past few years.

Principal Engineer (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsBest part is free DIRECTV.

ConsPay is low and very poor in project planning.

Worked for DIRECTV? Contribute to the Community!