DISH

DISH Director, President and CEO Joseph Clayton

Joseph Clayton

35 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

nice place to work

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at DISH full-time for more than a year

Prosnice starting pay, good working environment, etc

Consits a call center, so theres that

Improvement is possible

Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee)

I have been working at DISH full-time for less than a year

ProsA great focus to committing changes that will improve company to employee relationships. Open door policies make it possible to get to know the management team. Newly designed career paths give a focus for employees follow. Education is encouraged. Excellent hiring process and the training program is excellent. The tools are the best I have worked with.

ConsAlthough education is promoted intelligence is not. Thinking outside of the box, literally outside of the dialogue box, is discouraged. Tool adherence is a huge focus leaving little room to deviate even if it better suits a particular customer.
The benefits package is disgusting. There is a focus on retirement and savings which is great in the long run. Having mostly free satellite service is nice. Yet for employees that have families the medical and dental benefits are unattainable. After premium, and health savings plan to meet the annual deductible, an entry level employee can expect half of their earning to be deducted for a moderately sized family.
The salary is definitely deficient compared to the amount of work stress involved in meeting the standards of excellence expected. The metrics required to excel are set to a nearly unattainable level and only are rewarded if all metrics are surpassed. An employee that excels in creating company revenue will not be compensated if all metrics are not met. The goals are met and in most cases by employees that have learned to cheat the system. The work environment is friendly but a shared desk policy does not promote health. The work spaces are often filthy, the chairs are uncomfortable and most are broken, the cubicles although spacious are a dull gray and barren place to be trapped in.
Identity and individual flare are discouraged from the moment an employee walks in the door. Not an environment for creativity. Schedules are impractical and leave no time for a personal let alone family life.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook to the health of your employees and the metrics that are the main focus of the company might be attainable. It is hard to take care of a customer that is disgruntled when fighting an infection picked up at a shared work place and no chance of treatment because going to a doctor is impossible after payroll deductions. Pay more or provide reasonable benefits.

Great Opportunity!

Salary (Current Employee)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou badge into work, not fun. This, unfortunately, is a difficult concept for some people ... You work hard and you will be recognized. Having said that, the leadership team tries extremely hard to bring more energy, fun, and fresh approaches to development and the overall culture. Wages are competitive and bonus structure is good. I've noticed that the symmetry between salary and hourly has gotten much better through an increase in round tables, team meetings, and overall better communication.

ConsChange is daily and can lead to frustration. Again, consider the fact that we work in a tech field and you understand that "change is necessary". Benefits aren't great however many companies are gravitating to higher deductible type of plans.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your head up and continue to put people first. You've came along way and I'm proud of my direct boss as well as my coworkers!

Run, don't walk, run while you can

Advanced Technical Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

ProsNone, anything good about this company, like competitive wages, has been taken away. If you started working at DISH pre-slave-labor, you make decent money, but if you start now then forget it.

ConsAverage call center wage with high demands. Frequent shift bids. Negative environment. Everyone hates their job here.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the culture, increase wages, and help offer talented employees better opportunities.

Awful

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at DISH full-time for less than a year

ProsPaycheck always clears.... That's literally it

ConsPeople are allowed to smoke directly in front of the (only) entrance to the building. Local management has been informed about this several times yet no action has been taken. Even though there are laws in Ohio prohibiting smoking 30 feet from a public entrance. Coaches and team leads are poorly trained they just make up answers to questions. Very much a high school like environment, the leadership would rather huddle in corners gossiping about agents then actually develop or HELP them in anyway.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Hell on Earth

Dr Dish (Former Employee)

I worked at DISH full-time for more than a year

ProsCant imagine any pros to working at this hell hole. Never again.

ConsThe only thing DISH hates more than it's customers are it's employees. Really.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart over.

It's all what you make it!

Advanced Tech Support (Current Employee)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe pay is very competitive! Free tv. Support staff is great! The biggest thing is that dish isn't satisfied dish is always introducing new ideas to improve the employee experience! No job is perfect and I've seen some good and bad decisions made at dish through the years. But all the negative and to be rated this poorly is not the reality

ConsI have no complaints most of the issues such as mandatory overtime and scheduling has been addressed and resolved!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing and always strive to improve!

Falling short

Advanced Technical Support (Current Employee)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

ProsMy peers and the pay. If it weren't for either of those things, I probably would go work at Time Warner Cable.

Cons- Crap benefits. What kind of insurance plan does not cover immunizations? For those of us who have children, immunizations are a fact of life. The two plans are either low cost-low deductible, but it only covers until $10,000, OR an extremely high-deductible plan that you might reach the deductible if you happen to see the doctor a lot, until then you're on your own.

- Work environment. I don't know about corporate, but the office here in Hilliard is crap. Our parking lot is in desperate need of repaving. All of the chairs are broken or missing. The desks and computers don't seem to ever be cleaned. I don't even want to know what's hiding between the keyboard keys. It's disgusting. Nice job putting a ping pong table and a foosball table in our breakroom, but how something more useful, such as an actual cafeteria? Or something that serves decent food for those who only have 30 minute lunches. The wheel of death is not that enticing. So corporate gets a nice fancy office, but we're stuck with an office that is well past it's prime?

- Sick time. You have to be with the company for at least 2 years before you are given sick time. Other call centers in the area, such as Time Warner or Chase, will give you sick time and personal time after 90 days of employment.

- Advanced Technical Support does not receive bonuses for our work. Frontline is able to achieve bonuses based on statistics, why is that not available for Dr. Dish? I understand that it's a voluntary reward, but why reward one set of agents, but not another. The only thing I can see is that we make a higher hourly wage and they probably don't want to pay the bonuses for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe you should get to know your employees. You say you're going to change, then do it. I haven't seen any changes that actually benefit us. A ping pong table is nice and all, but is that really what you should be investing in for employee satisfaction?

Love DISH and love the people I work with!

Leader (Current Employee)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than 5 years

ProsDish has a great career path; managers and coaches care about front line agents, good community service opportunities! Education is encouraged, leadership opportunities are given to those who perform, and the attendance policy is lenient.

ConsIt's hard work and working hard for what you deserve is a foreign concept to some. Some who don't earn bonuses put more effort into complaining about "the system.mgt/etc" instead of self accountability. Come on people - it's America - let's work hard and earn it!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue sharing information, giving opportunities to those who work hard, recognizing positive behavior! We have come a far way in the past few years and we will continue to improve.

Nothing is ever good enough

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at DISH full-time for more than a year

ProsDiscounted tv service. That's it

ConsThey make metrics impossible to reach. Management is too busy posting picture of them selves all over the building and can't be bothered to assist their agents in any way. Health issurance is beyond awful

Advice to Senior ManagementNone I like everyone else in hilliard am looking for another job

Worked for DISH? Contribute to the Community!

DISH Videos

DISH – Why Work for Us?

The Dish on DISH. Pride: We possess the integrity to set high goals and the commitment to achieve the results. We believe pride is a personal commitment, to do your best in everything you do.Our Core Values… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DISH reviews and ratings in Columbus, OH — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DISH CEO Joseph Clayton. All 35 reviews posted anonymously by DISH employees.