DISH Reviews

Reset
2.7
Charlie Ergen
1 Rating

Pros
  • Pay is good though promotions are slow (in 86 reviews)

• Work/life balance is really reasonable for NYC (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • Management uses strong arm tactics while telling you about work/life balance (in 49 reviews)

• Queens upper management are enforcers rather than leaders (in 110 reviews)

DISH Network Job review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time

Pros

The pay is ok, opportunity to move up in the company.

Cons

The work/life balance is bad. Health insurance not good.

Advice to Management

While it is good to strive to have world class customer service, look on trying to improve employee morale within the company.

2. field support agent

I worked at DISH full-time

Pros

Decent pay, benefits such as 401k option, culture

Cons

Benefits are there have high deductible

eh okay place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Hilliard, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Hilliard, OH

I worked at DISH

Pros

was able to get off on short notice.

Cons

Ask for way to much from workers, would not be fair to employees, trainers were friendly and understanding and would help you on anything even after training

Advice to Management

most opportunities were nothing but supervisor

Dish lacks proper training to new agents and really throw them out for the wolves.

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Free 125$ TV package but you have to pay for the equipment.

Cons

The job itself. A rush to get new hires on the floor and they get discouraged because of poor training. You wonder why your turn over rate is so high.. Keep your employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and your new hires. You guys put newbies on the phone on week 2? We have to be tech support, billing and everything in between. It really is discouraging to lack proper training and forced onto the phones on the Monday of the second week. Seriously? We represent your company wouldn't you want us properly trained. I have been there 4 weeks and noticed the bull crop already! I took a extreme pay cut to come work here with false hope and empty promises. I should have known with how unorganized the interview process was that this was going to be a nightmare. Safelite here I come.

customer service representative

I worked at DISH full-time

Pros

the location was the only thing that was good about the job and I said to say but the truth

Cons

everything in between with the worst job I've ever had in my life

Advice to Management

start from the bottom build your way back up again

Fun place to work

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Fun place to work at

Cons

Low pay to start at

Advice to Management

Management is good

Best call center so far

Current Employee - Partner Trained Customer Service Agent in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Partner Trained Customer Service Agent in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH

Pros

Great, encouraging coaches, quick raises, up to 50% performance bonuses per check, highest paid I've ever been. There's ability to travel out of state , or country, paid for. Tons of "events" and special things they do for us as agents.

Cons

Not many people wanna leave, so UPPER level promotions are few and far between.
    Same as any call center, the customers can be brutal. But If you can't handle it, shouldn't work at a call center.
    The health insurance could definitely be better.

Advice to Management

N/a

Opportunity Knocks if you play the game

Current Employee - Leadership in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Leadership in Columbus, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunity to prove yourself, leadership training, travel, the frontline people

Cons

Benefits (it is better to not have insurance), Culture (back stabbing cut throat), No clear direction in the company. Be thankful Joe Clayton is there because Charlie. would not provide leadership training, wages or personality. The company might have been gone by now. Just when you think you can trust someone you really cant trust them at all.

Advice to Management

Cliques, Inconsistencies, get the "you know what’s" to stand up to some of those in upper management who have no clue what really is happening. Please quit putting so much confidence in an inept HR Team. Quit looking at yourself as detectives on Law and Order who uses strong arm (illegal?) tactics to get information and make decisions based on rumor compared to fact.

Senior Management and above is a bigger joke. At some point realize that by catering to one person in the company EVP &COO will hurt the company in the long run. Everyone knows it but is afraid to say it.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..."

Current Employee - Site Manager in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Site Manager in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

99% of the people I have had the privilege to work within the past 7 years are some of the most honest, hard-working, caring, and humorous I've ever met. Dish gives us the opportunity to make this a career and not just a job. From Agents to Managers there are opportunities to travel, give personal feedback for improvements, and participate in changes. On every salary level this is a fast paced and tough job with challenges daily. Top performers are rewarded monetarily and/or through career opportunities. The Hilliard CSC is consistently ranked the top site in Dish and it's because of the hard work and dedication of its employees.

Cons

To the 1% of the current and past employees who hide behind an anonymous website to criticize, spread rumors, and blatantly lie....from Teddy Roosevelt's speech commonly called 'The Man in the Arena' I will say this to you: "It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." So to those who are not in the ‘arena’ with the rest of us to make Dish, Hilliard, and this team better; I 'm really not interested in your criticism. Come talk to me face to face - you know where my office is.

Advice to Management

Our culture is ever changing and improving. We need to keep focus on the positive, recognize those who do well and those who try their hardest. Continue to improve the site from the suggestions we get from our employees. There will always be the ‘naysayers’ but those are the minority. Keep your heads high and keep working hard to make this a great place to work!

Interesting place to work, could be worse

Current Employee - Dr Dish in Hilliard, OH
    Current Employee - Dr Dish in Hilliard, OH

I have been working at DISH full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people, my team gets me through the days, the free TV, there always seems to be something for free. sick time. Paid time off

Cons

Shift bids, the customers (but that's really any customer service job right?), starting pay could be more, but in reality it could be worse.

Advice to Management

Keep trying to improve, seen a lot of improvements over the past few years! Keep trying.

Showing 59 of 2,229 reviews